Crazy off season moves that will get us in playoffs

He's better than TT. And there isn't many cheep options left out their. I like our chances better with Fitzpatrick then with a rookie, Jones, or TT. Again seeing what he can do with Watkins is very important to me before we give Sammy huge money

No he's not. He gunslings more but is even less accurate AND instead of not being able to throw over the middle, he can't throw to the left half of the field and forget about a deep ball of any kind.

Instead of struggling to make throws to win you the game, he reliably throws picks to ensure you lose the game.

Edit: btw not refuting this team isn't ready to play with the big boys yet, but Adding fits to that scenario is a degradation not improvement.

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to resign TT to a cheaper dollar amount? Would we have to waive and resign or anything like that? If we could get him at a much cheaper rate, and he's earned that unfortunately, it would be fine.

Otherwise I'm drafting a QB. Rounds 1-2. If he can't get the ball out sooner he's doomed.

I'd rather have Bryce Petty than Fitz. Fitz is a great guy but is a poor teams QB, hope he wins a SB ring as a backup for somebody.

What? Have you seen him? He's beyond awful. And they shelter the crap out of him. No. At that point promote EJ. EJ >Petty all day.

Is it possible to resign TT to a cheaper dollar amount? Would we have to waive and resign or anything like that? If we could get him at a much cheaper rate, and he's earned that unfortunately, it would be fine.

Otherwise I'm drafting a QB. Rounds 1-2. If he can't get the ball out sooner he's doomed.

What? Have you seen him? He's beyond awful. And they shelter the crap out of him. No. At that point promote EJ. EJ >Petty all day.

I definitely think he knows the big deal isn't coming, so he may opt for whatever he can get. It ain't $27 million. That would be my guess if he finishes like this.

I definitely think he knows the big deal isn't coming, so he may opt for whatever he can get. It ain't $27 million. That would be my guess if he finishes like this.

Would you take him much cheaper though? I don't want him at an expensive contract either. That's a decent player or 2 we can sign with that money. If he would take a lot less i would do it. Though, if I'm him I'm thinking that based on my stats some duma$$ GM will throw some money at him. Probably the Jets! He may not be great but he'd be an improvement for them.

Johnny you know what to do

this guy gets it.

I'm a turtle. And I'm pregnant.

What are we talking exactly?

You mean like....sweep the leg?

See the thread I started about getting Cardale some starts before this season is out.

I'd love to see just how far away he is, and give him the chance to surprise us. Would help inform our decision making process this off-season and where we might want to go for next season.

At least it's a productive idea.

Trudging along with everything as is, finishing 8-8-ish, and missing the playoffs is not productive, unless your name is Rex Ryan and 8 wins is enough to save your neck.

this guy doesn't get it

Stop the clock

Cheep options are for the birds.

And now is the time to go for it. Take advantage of the fact that the Redskins would only give Cousins a 1 year deal and sign him to a free agent deal that they can't match (he's actually going to be a UFA). Of all the QB options that have been discussed, I believe Cousins is the best one. It may cost $25 Mil but I'd rather spend it on him than TT.

Would you take him much cheaper though? I don't want him at an expensive contract either. That's a decent player or 2 we can sign with that money. If he would take a lot less i would do it. Though, if I'm him I'm thinking that based on my stats some duma$$ GM will throw some money at him. Probably the Jets! He may not be great but he'd be an improvement for them.

Well here's the thing......we need to find a better QB, or he's our best option. I don't care who else we can sign with our QB money, we need the best QB we can find without terribly over-paying.

Fitz?

Fitz excelled last year because of the receiving targets he had.

Basically the "Daunte Culpepper" effect(previously known as the "Randall Cunningham" effect).

Daunte once threw 39 TD's in a season without actually being able to play QB.

Give Tyrod Taylor a cast of a healthy Sammy and Pryor and it would be more productive than anything Fitz could do.

Give Tyrod a bunch of turds to throw to and it's maddening to watch. Fitz would throw 5 pics per game with our current WR corps.

Alright, dump Tyrod, make a huge run at Romo, go super hard at WRs (get 2 from the draft/FA). Then use everything else on secondary and OL depth.

If you can't get Romo, **** it get Cutler. If you can't get either, you keep Tyrod.

Jebus why the Jets cast off again? There was a real reason why Buffalo got rid of Ryan Fitzpasspick.

Effing Romo who is a choker in the playoffs and gets injured for half a season two years in a row behind the best line in the league. He wouldn't survive a game throwing to the glass reverivers in Buffalo with a turnstile at RT!!

Jay Cutler is a pass happy gunslinger who takes far too many chances and couldn't win with Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, and Martellus Bennett. NO THANKS TO ALL THOSE SCRUBS!

Jacksonville is probably going to give up on Blake Bortles and given a real NFL QB coach and real NFL OC he will probably regain his 2015 passing form. Only this time build a power run game and stoutO-line and this kid could be the real deal. Is it any wonder why he sucks so bad this year with Nathanial Hackett as first his QB coach and now OC.

Edited by Nihilarian

If it's all about the money then i would much rather start Cardale or a rookie than Fitz. We know what we have with Fitz and it's not a playoff QB. Might as well see what you have with someone else.

But it's not about the money, for me.

2 threads right now with the OP suggesting the Bills sign Fitz... :doh:

What the hell is going on here? B-)