Crazy off season moves that will get us in playoffs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that time of year. We wreak of desperation. Next comes the draft. Just like clockwork.

I enjoy the Draft...Even though you're right...It seems like the Draft is our yearly highlight around here...Which is definitely sad...

But good grief...I've been around here since the beginning...TBD is my home...I know there is plenty of football knowledge still around here...But when I see multiple suggestions of re-signing Fitz, I know it's time for a vacation... ;)

I enjoy the Draft...Even though you're right...It seems like the Draft is our yearly highlight around here...Which is definitely sad...

But good grief...I've been around here since the beginning...TBD is my home...I know there is plenty of football knowledge still around here...But when I see multiple suggestions of re-signing Fitz, I know it's time for a vacation... ;)

Well, that is pure silliness, of course. despite a few weak spots and a coaching deficiency, I like our roster. A LOT. All we need are a few pieces, and of course that annoyingly elusive Franchise QB.

OK hear me out.

Bye bye TT your just not good enough.

So where do the Bills turn for QB...

Ryan Fitzpatrick... the Jets will release him. He could be had for cheep if he still want to play. He liked the Bills and would probably like to finish his career here. I know this isn't a long term option but it could put us in the playoffs next year.

Also he will help us understand what we have in Watkins in a contract year. That's almost worth it alone. Also shady only has 1 or 2 great years left. Fits will throw picks but with our run game and a better defence with the draft and $$ we save from not keeping TT. We should have real good offence and defence. Also in this scenario I would go hard after Tryell pryor, Then a top saftey in free agency. Sign or Franchise Gilmore,Draft O-line and BPA in the draft and we would have a real strong roster. We should get extra money when Aron Williams retires(5.5mill). And if we need more we could cut E wood.I like wood but if we need extra cash Groy has shown he is serviceable.

A offence of Fits, Shady, Clay, Watkins,and Pryor..is ridiculous. We would still have a top running team and real weapons at WR with a guy that can get them the ball.

The D only needs a safety or 2 and the unit will be way stronger. O and a offence that can get first downs would help the D more than anything.

Fitz is a good backup. No reason, outside of injury, for any team to have him starting a game.

OK hear me out.

Ryan Fitzpatrick... the Jets will release him. He could be had for cheep if he still want to play. He liked the Bills and would probably like to finish his career here. I know this isn't a long term option but it could put us in the playoffs next year.

Also he will help us understand what we have in Watkins in a contract year. That's almost worth it alone. Also shady only has 1 or 2 great years left. Fits will throw picks but with our run game and a better defence with the draft and $$ we save from not keeping TT. We should have real good offence and defence. Also in this scenario I would go hard after Tryell pryor, Then a top saftey in free agency. Sign or Franchise Gilmore,Draft O-line and BPA in the draft and we would have a real strong roster. We should get extra money when Aron Williams retires(5.5mill). And if we need more we could cut E wood.I like wood but if we need extra cash Groy has shown he is serviceable.

A offence of Fits, Shady, Clay, Watkins,and Pryor..is ridiculous. We would still have a top running team and real weapons at WR with a guy that can get them the ball.

The D only needs a safety or 2 and the unit will be way stronger. O and a offence that can get first downs would help the D more than anything.

Been there done that

It wouldn't be the end of the world to get Fitz as a back-up and be willing to play the hot hand. I know nobody wants to pull a QB or switch them out frequently, but a Fitz/Tyrod combo would have you covered for most situation (provided, again, that you are willing to stream them and/or use a 2 QB system).

The answer is.....it's just too early to be making these type of decisions.

Let's see what TT does in the next four games.

TT does have potential for a higher upside. Fitz is a better passer, but he is also a turnover machine.

TT has had to be a passer without the benefit of Watkins for most of the year. That's a pretty big handicap.

As of right now, I would be inclined to keep TT, cut Manuel, keep C. Jones, and draft another QB in R1 or R2 to develop behind TT.

Then concentrate on building up the defense.

This team is built to win with a strong running game and a defense that keep them in games. It needs to continue to fortify that philosophy.

OK hear me out.

You have to be joking right?? Have you watched Fitz play at all this year? He's garbage, end of story. There's a reason why no one signed him this offseason and the Jets waited until the end of camp to bring him back. Not including decker, He has 3 big-body WR's to throw to and still has 14 interceptions this year. I'm not sure what to do with our QB situation but Fitz will only make it worse.

No way Pryor hits the open market. Before resigning any of their free agents this off-season the Browns will have ~$114 million in cap space and the only free agents they have worth resigning are Pryor/Collins.

Here's what I would do to improve this team. Figure out a way to get out of the horrible Clay contract. He's overvalued and not even utilized in our offense. I would then target M. Bennet, V. Davis, or V. McDonald. Bennet would be cheaper than clay and the other two significantly cheaper. I would also go after Kenny Britt if he makes it to the market. He's finally come around as an adult and as a player. He would be affordable and give us an upgrade as a big body WR.

Either sign a safety or draft one if a top prospect is available at our pick. A great safety will allow our corners to play the tight press coverage Rex needs while knowing they have help behind them. Cutting Wood would create a good amount of dead cap btw.

The answer is.....it's just too early to be making these type of decisions.

Let's see what TT does in the next four games.

TT does have potential for a higher upside. Fitz is a better passer, but he is also a turnover machine.

TT has had to be a passer without the benefit of Watkins for most of the year. That's a pretty big handicap.

As of right now, I would be inclined to keep TT, cut Manuel, keep C. Jones, and draft another QB in R1 or R2 to develop behind TT.

Then concentrate on building up the defense.

This team is built to win with a strong running game and a defense that keep them in games. It needs to continue to fortify that philosophy.

We're at best a wildcard team as long as brady is starting. I say spin the wheels for a couple years.... I wouldn't bottom out yet because you could be on the bottom for like 5 or 6 years. We're more than 1 player away from being a division contender.

My 2 cents. I thought TT could play and would improve - so far he's proved me wrong and the fourth quarter stats are alarming. If we are considering QB options for next year, I say try to improve the position through the draft. TT compensation is relatively cheap for what could be a caretaker role.

The inconsistency of the defense makes me think a short term solution like Romo still may not get us to the playoffs. I hate to say it, but unless we find a gem in the draft somehow the playoffs are a pipe dream. Wish I could be more optimistic but it is a typical December for Bills fans.

Guys the roster isn't far off. We had injuries and TT not only didn't get better he regressed. Fits with our running game and a good line.(Jets line is awfully this year) can be effective. He will only have to throw 25 times a game not 40

yeah, but going 10 out of those 25 still ain't gonna get-r-done.

You have to be joking right?? Have you watched Fitz play at all this year? He's garbage, end of story. There's a reason why no one signed him this offseason and the Jets waited until the end of camp to bring him back. Not including decker, He has 3 big-body WR's to throw to and still has 14 interceptions this year. I'm not sure what to do with our QB situation but Fitz will only make it worse.

No way Pryor hits the open market. Before resigning any of their free agents this off-season the Browns will have ~$114 million in cap space and the only free agents they have worth resigning are Pryor/Collins.

Here's what I would do to improve this team. Figure out a way to get out of the horrible Clay contract. He's overvalued and not even utilized in our offense. I would then target M. Bennet, V. Davis, or V. McDonald. Bennet would be cheaper than clay and the other two significantly cheaper. I would also go after Kenny Britt if he makes it to the market. He's finally come around as an adult and as a player. He would be affordable and give us an upgrade as a big body WR.

Either sign a safety or draft one if a top prospect is available at our pick. A great safety will allow our corners to play the tight press coverage Rex needs while knowing they have help behind them. Cutting Wood would create a good amount of dead cap btw.

With Gronk's continual injuries, I think the Pats hold on the Bennett long term. Sure, I'd love to have him. But I think that's an uphill battle. Plus, we do have a good TE on IR currently and O'Leary seems to be getting better. TT just doesn't know how to throw the damn ball to him.

We restructured clay - there isn't a "figure out a way" to do that. His dead cap would be 13.5 mil, and its 9 million to keep him. If woods probably gets 6 per, britts going to get something like 8.