Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that MJ testing wasn't specifically approved by the NFLPA when they signed the CBA and MJ isn't still illegal in many states and federally?

This has to be settled with negotiation Bobby.

Sorry you can't see that but this is still sort of an under-table issue.

In court it has to be "marijuana should be legal for players to use" in collective bargaining it becomes "marijuana isn't something we are going to test for any longer".

I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to digest but it is what it is.

The NBA players bargained for it not to be tested.......the NFLPA can too.

I hope he sues the NFL...i know its in the CBA and all...but damn NFLPA , do your job and stop defending idiots like Burfict who ends other members careers , and go to bat for this guy and your membership.

He didn't even appeal his last suspension

So you are saying that MJ testing wasn't specifically approved by the NFLPA when they signed the CBA and MJ isn't still illegal in many states and federally?

This has to be settled with negotiation Bobby.

Sorry you can't see that but this is still sort of an under-table issue.

In court it has to be "marijuana should be legal for players to use" in collective bargaining it becomes "marijuana isn't something we are going to test for any longer".

I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to digest but it is what it is.

The NBA players bargained for it not to be tested.......the NFLPA can too.

Again I could care less what was collectively bargained or not. Sue away just like AP, Hardy, Brady more lawsuits for the league Billable hours

At the end of the day the weed was more important to him. With the thousands of drugs out there that would have complied with the NFL drug policy with a simple prescription, you can't tell me that weed was the only answer.

So long Sentrel

At the end of the day the weed was more important to him. With the thousands of drugs out there that would have complied with the NFL drug policy with a simple prescription, you can't tell me that weed was the only answer.

So long Sentrel

Nope all those addictive opioids the NFL gives out like candy also help

If he's really smoking for his Crohn's then I hope he sues the NFL.

0;0 grounds

i really don't hate to see that. also, and i should've already assumed this from a guy who can't spell concede, you didn't read that whole abstract.

Among all marijuana users (past and current), 48 patients (32%) had used it medicinally (Table 2). The majority (61.1%) reported smoking it in cigarettes as their primary method of consumption. Abdominal pain was the most frequently reported symptom treated with marijuana (89.5%) followed by poor appetite and nausea (72.9% for each) and, lastly, diarrhea (41.6%). Most patients reported that marijuana was very helpful or completely relieving in treating the symptoms for which they were using it (Fig. 1).

you say show you a study and then say everything is opinion-based, but then you base your argument on your ONE FAMILY MEMBER'S OPINION that it didn't work.

why aren't all crohns disease aufers lighting up? How do they function? Why does he get to be special and break a contract he signed?

I am not sure what his extent of Crohns was.

Crohn's disease severity is along a spectrum. There are some who just keep it controlled with diet. There are some who have to undergo repeated surgeries.

I do find it spectacular that Seantrel has had multiple surgeries and still has been able to make it back on to the field. That's nothing short of a miracle. I'm unsure if Seantrel is really having Crohn's-related pain, but being able to put that weight back on and get back into game shape makes me think his Crohn's is well-controlled. I'm unsure why he's still having pain though.

0;0 grounds

why aren't all crohns disease aufers lighting up? How do they function? Why does he get to be special and break a contract he signed?

I'm curious both why he didn't push the issue earlier if he was going to keep smoking AND what's different about his case compared to the many others that don't use marijuana

But that's his info and he doesn't have to present it to me I suppose

I think you need to re-read what you quoted more carefully. Genetic modification or being "just discovered" are not requirements (bullet point 2). For example, hops (Humulus lupulus) have been cultivated by humans for thousands of years, but certain varieties are patented. Nor are they genetically modified.

And besides, drug companies regularly tweak molecules in the very slightest of ways or alter their carriers in order to gain patent protection. Genetically altering a plant would be no different.

Just to follow up....

I was wrong when I said that plants couldn't be patented. I apologize for misleading.

I brought that up when saying that drug developers make their money during the period of patent protection. This much is true. It appears the issue to this point with cannabis plant patents is the the patent enforcement. Patent law is federal. Complaints on infringement would need to go to federal court. As we know, cannabis is still federally illegal. See the article

http://www.insidecounsel.com/2016/06/17/patent-protection-for-marijuana-plants-is-the-holy

From the article

As of late, patent protection for marijuana plants is the “holy grail” of the marijuana industry. Although federal protection for marijuana related trademarks is prohibited by statute, it doesn’t appear that the patent statutes facially prohibit the patenting of marijuana plants. A patent would provide a marijuana company with the opportunity to litigate against any infringer no matter the state in which they reside or operate.

“Enforcing a marijuana patent would still be a risky endeavor for the patentee and accused infringer—such a lawsuit would be extremely high profile and attract federal law enforcement scrutiny—but the threat of enforcement may provide at least some leverage for the patentee against the accused infringer,” he said.

To date, there haven’t been any patents issued on particular strains of marijuana plants. Similarly, few patent applications have been published—e.g., only two plant patent applications have been published and both were abandoned during the process. As publication lags patent filing by at least 18 months, Sorocco expects to see more marijuana-related patent applications being published in the near future.

Edited by Bob in Mich

While the league may not condone it the State of New York seems to green (no pun intended) light the use of cannibis for the treatment of Crohn's. Thanks John! So all those arm chair doctors and lawyers might want to go back to school.

Again I could care less what was collectively bargained or not. Sue away just like AP, Hardy, Brady more lawsuits for the league Billable hours

Those were all subjective, personal conduct, integrity of the game issues.

MJ testing is not subjective.

Billable hours? :lol: Funny how naive some people are.

The NFLPA spent MILLIONS of dollars for Tom Brady's deflategate appeal.

This is a more worthy cause. I would hope that some compromise could be reached. This is a very unique situation. The NFL could show that it can see the forest from the trees by giving him some exemption.

Just my two cents.

The NFLPA spent MILLIONS of dollars for Tom Brady's deflategate appeal.

This is a more worthy cause. I would hope that some compromise could be reached. This is a very unique situation. The NFL could show that it can see the forest from the trees by giving him some exemption.

Just my two cents.

Henderson opted not even to appeal last time