Trump's leadership team

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Trump ordered Mattis to 'screw Amazon' on Pentagon contract, according to new book

A new biography of former Defense Secretary James Mattis reports President Donald Trump personally got involved in who would win a major $10 billion contract to provide cloud computing services to the Pentagon, according to the website Task & Purpose, which writes about military issues.

That hotly contested contract was awarded to Microsoft on Friday evening over Amazon in a months-long battle.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/26/politics/amazon-donald-trump-jim-mattis-pentagon-contract/index.html

Long over due if this is true (and I doubt it is). 

This wasn't a shot at Amazon, it was a shot at Langley hold overs in the private sector.

* Note: I don't doubt the deal went to Microsoft, it did, I doubt that Trump ordered it directly.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This wasn't a shot at Amazon, it was a shot at Langley hold overs in the private sector.

* Note: I don't doubt the deal went to Microsoft, it did, I doubt that Trump ordered it directly.

Trump is so incompetent and out of touch, that he's micromanaging DoD contracts.

This is akin to 'Bush 43 is so stupid, he choked on a pretzel, yet somehow masterminded an incredibly complex false flag operation on 9/11 to justify invading Iraq in 2003!'

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As a practical matter, he can't.  The awards process is designed to avoid just this sort of thing.  

At least, he can't without getting caught.  If he did, it'll come out, and somewhere more reliably than Mattis' biography.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Trump is so incompetent and out of touch, that he's micromanaging DoD contracts.

This is akin to 'Bush 43 is so stupid, he choked on a pretzel, yet somehow masterminded an incredibly complex false flag operation on 9/11 to justify invading Iraq in 2003!'

Micromanaging? Ummm, no, he's throwing a temper tantrum which is basically his management style 

• 2 weeks later...

Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to ‘save the country’ by undermining Trump

Two of President Trump’s senior advisers undermined and ignored him in what they claimed was an effort to “save the country,” former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley claims in a new memoir.

Former secretary of state Rex Tillerson and former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly sought to recruit her to work around and subvert Trump, but she refused, Haley writes in a new book, “With All Due Respect,” which also describes Tillerson as “exhausting” and imperious and Kelly as suspicious of her access to Trump.

“Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

This Bill Maher piece is 2.5 years old but has aged very well.  It is about Trump enablers and is 6.5 minutes long.  Has a few laughs and makes a few good points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVavyvMoe8o

A days long barrage by Tiberius, Gary, Bob, etc. tells me that the Dems are very nervous about their future fortunes in the near term.

27 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

A days long barrage by Tiberius, Gary, Bob, etc. tells me that the Dems are very nervous about their future fortunes in the near term.

How could we be nervous about The Chosen One anointed by God as our president? We're all blessed to be so lucky. Give thanks on Thursday.

• Haha (+1) 1

If Trump is corruptly "re-elected" it will be the first time a person with so many associates in jail--assuming he hasn't pardoned them--will win. 

Crazy. He's openly a criminal and his supporters are happy about it 

"You have a republic, if you can keep it" 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Huh? Trump beat her in 2016.

...just curious as to what would be the preference, a typical "Washington Insider President", keeping in the tradition of the "good 'ol boys' network of SOP",  that selects his cabinet, advisors, etc and keep them unless the resign.....OR...A "Washington Outsider President" who dares to run as a non-traditionalist more in a business like environment, and has no problem firing non-performing Cabinet members, staffers, advisors, etc as we in business do in the "real world"?.....

48 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just curious as to what would be the preference, a typical "Washington Insider President", keeping in the tradition of the "good 'ol boys' network of SOP",  that selects his cabinet, advisors, etc and keep them unless the resign.....OR...A "Washington Outsider President" who dares to run as a non-traditionalist more in a business like environment, and has no problem firing non-performing Cabinet members, staffers, advisors, etc as we in business do in the "real world"?.....

Personally, I don't care so long as we get an effective government that actually tries to pass laws to benefit the nation as a whole, instead of working hard solely to perpetuate their own partisan power.

Unfortunately, I don't think we've had that since Washington was president. Maybe not even then.

11 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Personally, I don't care so long as we get an effective government that actually tries to pass laws to benefit the nation as a whole, instead of working hard solely to perpetuate their own partisan power.

Unfortunately, I don't think we've had that since Washington was president. Maybe not even then.

...that could never be a criteria for me bud....how many laws do we have on the books NOW that are ignored or unenforced?.....I loathe any of the 535 that want to thump their chest over proposed and accepted legislation......just a "me s*^t show"......however you are correct in my view about an EFFECTIVE GOVERNMENT.....ain't happenin' though....too many partisan agendas....doing the "people's business"?.....r u kidding me?....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hedge said:

The Racist in Chief is racisting again.

Sure, Trump is promoting a highly qualified black general so that he can both oppress General Brown, and discriminate against qualified Latino candidates with brown skin.

What a ***** racist. Impeach the mother *****!

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to ‘save the country’ by undermining Trump

Two of President Trump’s senior advisers undermined and ignored him in what they claimed was an effort to “save the country,” former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley claims in a new memoir.

Former secretary of state Rex Tillerson and former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly sought to recruit her to work around and subvert Trump, but she refused, Haley writes in a new book, “With All Due Respect,” which also describes Tillerson as “exhausting” and imperious and Kelly as suspicious of her access to Trump.

“Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

</snip>

And I liked Tillerson for a while.  He became a swampite darned quickly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

No "perfect" thread for this..............I will throw it here.

33Po

Yes, the difference between a face mask used in a hospital or by a dentist and the dust masks used by construction workers is zilch, even though previous to this shortage a dust mask couldn't be used in a medical situation. I've seen pictures of nurses looking like old stagecoach robbers what with their use of a handkerchief because of a shortage of masks. Necessity seems to cut through the crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm hearing it's because Melania's CoS left for family reasons, and Melania is most comfortable with Stephanie -- but that's unconfirmed.

Anything for our FLOTUS........bd50166444a74f67f1c7e018d59fcc26.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2