Trump's leadership team

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like father like daughter, Ivanka is trying to deny the truth of her own words. Can't any of his conflict of interest "advisors" be honest?

Ivanka Trump must answer questions in a lawsuit over whether her company ripped off a rival's shoe design, as a judge rejected her claim that she's too busy as a "high-ranking government official" in the White House to sit for a deposition.

U.S. District Judge Katherine Forrest in Manhattan on Friday said Trump must spend two hours responding to questions about the design of a shoe sold by her company.

"Ms. Trump's public statements regarding active and comprehensive brand management lead to a reasonable inference that the shoe at issue would not have been released without her approval," Forrest said in a three-page order. "In such a situation, a deposition is appropriate."

Aquazzura Italia SRL sued Trump, her company IT Collection LLC and shoemaker Marc Fisher Holdings, claiming they illegally copied its pricey Wild Thing shoe in designing the Ivanka Trump Hettie model. Aquazzura wants to question Ivanka Trump before a trial, but her legal team asked Forrest to rule she doesnt have to testify.

Trump, whose White House title is Assistant to the President of the United States, is too important and busy to testify, her lawyer, Darren Saunders, argued in a June 16 letter to the judge.

"I had no involvement in the conception, design, production or sale of the Hettie Shoe," Trump said June 16 in a declaration filed with the court. "My involvement was strictly limited to the final sign-off of each seasons line after it was first reviewed and approved by the companys design team."

Trumps lawyers offered Abigail Klem, IT Collections president, to answer Aquazzuras questions.

In her ruling, Forrest noted Trumps competing professional obligations, limiting the deposition to two hours and ordering it be held in Washington. Forrest also extended deadlines in the case so Trump will have until the end of October to give her testimony.

Aquazzuras lawyers cited a 2012 interview with Footwear News in arguing that Trump shouldnt be permitted to minimize her role as a shoe designer.

"Individually, I focus not only on brand position and the direction of any given collection, but also on the individual product," Trump told the trade publication. "Theres not a shoe I'm not intimately involved in designing."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-23/ivanka-trump-must-answer-questions-in-wild-thing-shoe-suit

An interesting take.................

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/26/trump-president-style-mayor-215294

America’s Mayor

The 45th president is trying to run the White House like it’s city hall.

By Jack Shafer

Gathering a flock of House Republicans in the Rose Garden on May 4 to salute them for voting to repeal Obamacare, President Donald Trump took a moment to shift from the topic to his favorite subject: President Donald Trump.

“How am I doing?” Trump asked with a smile, throwing his open hands wide.

New Yorkers of a certain age would have immediately recognized the question: Trump was lifting the signature phrase of three-term New York Mayor Ed Koch. Walking the city’s streets and prowling its subways from 1978 through 1989, Koch dispensed the “How’m I doin’?” line on his constituents like a blessing. In the circus of New York politics, Koch was ringleader, commanding the spotlight and cracking the whip. But it wasn’t all showmanship. The questions he flung at New Yorkers were sincere—at least early on, he really wanted to know what people thought. He expected both bouquets and brickbats in return, and the feedback mattered to him.

That is not what Trump was doing. From Trump’s lips, the line pealed like a juvenile request for affirmation. He was looking for love, not feedback.

So why the homage? As with so much of Trump’s governance, Trump’s question is at first a puzzle. He disliked the guy who coined the phrase. He doesn’t really want to know how others think he’s doing. Had any of those Republicans offered their serious opinion of his presidency, it would have been the last Rose Garden invitation of their lives. But the point wasn’t the substance. It was the style. Whether he knows it or not, Donald J. Trump, lifelong New Yorker, isn’t really governing as president. He’s trying—in his grandstanding, room-filling, blow-dried way—to be America’s mayor.

At first, this might seem like a strange thing to say about a president who ran as anti-urban a campaign as we can remember. He is unique among presidents in having never done any kind of public service before—never been a governor, or a congressman; never even sat on a school board. But he does know one kind of politics up close: city hall.

MORE AT THE LINK:

An interesting take.................

No it isn't.

Like everything else in his life, Trump at that ceremony needed the continuing affirmation that a mirror provides, just like all thin skinned narcissists do.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump cabinet excites collectors of Beanie Babies, POGs, and typewriters:

DOE Rick Perry at coal plant: "Heres a little economics lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand will follow."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/181603/rick-perry-has-no-idea-how-economics-works

Poor Rick

Trump cabinet excites collectors of Beanie Babies, POGs, and typewriters:

DOE Rick Perry at coal plant: "Heres a little economics lesson: supply and demand. You put the supply out there and the demand will follow."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/181603/rick-perry-has-no-idea-how-economics-works

Poor Rick

I'm all for him at DOE. We finally got his ass out of Texas.

The difference is.....................Mike Pence is an adult and has a good sense of humor about his 'mistake' :lol:

Imagine if Dems get their wish and Trump disappears.

Not much changes really except for more peace of mind because we wouldn't have a man child as president. You still have a Republican party that is so split ideological wise that they can't seem to agree on a health care bill they've been promising to repeal and replace since 2010 despite having a majority in the House and Senate.

Then you have the Trump base who are so disgusted with politics as usual that they may withdrawal from the political process if Trump disappears making it easier for Dems to improve their status in '18 and '20. Not obsessing about Trump would force Democrats to take steps to fix what's wrong with their party.

Not much changes really except for more peace of mind because we wouldn't have a man child as president. You still have a Republican party that is so split ideological wise that they can't seem to agree on a health care bill they've been promising to repeal and replace since 2010 despite having a majority in the House and Senate.

Then you have the Trump base who are so disgusted with politics as usual that they may withdrawal from the political process if Trump disappears making it easier for Dems to improve their status in '18 and '20. Not obsessing about Trump would force Democrats to take steps to fix what's wrong with their party.

you're kidding right?

pence is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated by the left.

trump is just a target of the left.

they truly hate pence and would do anything they could to tactfully destroy him. with trump it only appears as if democrats hate him because he's a good target and they can't get aim so they throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks.

Because when I have space flight hardware so sensitive and delicate that it can't be touched, I always leave it uncovered, in the open, with a sign quickly run off the laser printer taped to it.

How often do you go into a room or rooms with space flight hardware?

there were a number of violations I could point out in that picture.

occasionally for customer visits these type of Horse and Pony shows the Flight Hardware is "exposed" for short periods of time.

I think DCTom needs a TIL the oil in your skin can corrode Space Flight Hardware

I posted it last week. (somewhere) Did it get deleted?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

[sarc] Pence was keeping someone employed by touching it

"Procedures require the hardware to be cleaned before tiles are bonded to the spacecraft, so touching the surface is absolutely okay," said NASA spokeswoman Jen Rae Wang. "Otherwise, the hardware would have had a protective cover over it like the thermal heat shield, which was nearby."