Trump's leadership team

What a shame the liberal/progressive/anarchist/deranged idiots are forcing the government to spend that money on protecting a woman when the money could better go to charter schools. :fusmiley:

DeVos-by-Rockwell.jpeg?resize=580%2C428

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that wh press secretary job is one of the toughest, most thankless jobs you will ever seen. even the most reasonable and intelligent ppl get chewed up in that job. i thought ari fleischer was great during a very troubling time for america, but even he got roasted

its obvious spicer is just reflecting his bosses style. thats probably why trump hired him. and it could be why trump fires him. as much as i cant stand don i have to admit you can see signs hes growing up in the job. hes got a long way to go to get my respect but its a good sign that it looks like hes learning he cant be the same dick he always has been and get this job done. but spicer probably doesnt have that leeway, his pattern is already set and its gonna be tough for him to change that now. more likely don will just find somebody else and start fresh

Edited by Meathead

I don't believe that Spicer is really good at this particular function, Fleischer was excellent and so was Josh Earnest. Both very quick on their feet and represented the president as well as they could have.

I don't believe that Spicer is really good at this particular function, Fleischer was excellent and so was Josh Earnest. Both very quick on their feet and represented the president as well as they could have.

The job is probably much easier when most of the press is on your side.

It's hard to tell how good Spicer would be at his job in a normal political climate. He's essentially working with an hyper adversarial press core who are reporting dishonestly, and looking to trip him up with gotcha questions non-stop.

He's clearly not doing well in the current environment, but I don't think many people would. That said, he probably needs to go.

I always thought that the name "Josh Earnest", as a presidential press secretary, sounded like a character from a political satire.

that wh press secretary job is one of the toughest, most thankless jobs you will ever seen. even the most reasonable and intelligent ppl get chewed up in that job. i thought ari fleischer was great during a very troubling time for america, but even he got roasted

its obvious spicer is just reflecting his bosses style. thats probably why trump hired him. and it could be why trump fires him. as much as i cant stand don i have to admit you can see signs hes growing up in the job. hes got a long way to go to get my respect but its a good sign that it looks like hes learning he cant be the same dick he always has been and get this job done. but spicer probably doesnt have that leeway, his pattern is already set and its gonna be tough for him to change that now. more likely don will just find somebody else and start fresh

That seems to be the problem. Trump can pull that aggressive, adversarial approach to the media off and Spicer can't. I don't know if anybody but Trump could. There has to be somebody more effective than Sean Spicer though if that's the approach they're going to continue to use during those press briefings.

No one is going to do a good job defending this nut job. Idiots say the press is against him simply because they call him out for his constant, non stop lying. As if the press is suppose to not point out lying politicians! Anyone willing to take the job to satisfy their own ambition deserves all they get.

I would kiss Dana Perino's feet. :blush:

the press is never on your side in that job. its the job of the press to not be on your side in that situation

has spicer/trump made it even tougher by going all dc tom on the media? yes. but our media is indeed broken and deserves a calling out. i cant stand donald but on this i think hes mostly right. most of the media has treated him brutally bad. theres plenty to criticize don on without the media resorting to severe twisting of things like they do, or even outright lying

That seems to be the problem. Trump can pull that aggressive, adversarial approach to the media off and Spicer can't. I don't know if anybody but Trump could. There has to be somebody more effective than Sean Spicer though if that's the approach they're going to continue to use during those press briefings.

agreed. don can do it be he won the election and is actually the president. if don were the press secretary it would be fubared way worse than it even is now

you can tell that dons team came out with guns blazing after the election. think about how kelly whatshername bimbo came out afterwards responding to every criticism by essentially saying 'scoreboard', as if the winning side gets carte blanche to do and say anything they want. we saw the same from bannon whenever he spoke and certainly spicer. now that theyve had a taste of actually governing and getting a tremendously embarrassing big hc defeat in the process, we are seeing them tone down the fifteen year old taunting behavior

my confidence has always been very low that don would ever evolve enough to be an effective president. but i will give him credit for making adjustments here to get that shrill B word kelly the fk away from cameras, to drive bannon to the fringe, and to have spicer tone down his act a little (i expect spicer will be replaced here shortly, btw). so a glimmer of hope that maybe don is growing into the job like he needs to. my confidence is still very low but its been bumped up lately. and if he manages to enlist the dems to get a real hc fix going it will get a bump like a rocket. hey it could happen