Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump won't fill hundreds of administration jobs

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-wont-fill-hundreds-of-administration-appointee-jobs/article/2615963

President Trump doesn't plan to fill many of the hundreds of appointed political jobs in his administration because he thinks they're unnecessary.

In an interview with Fox News, Trump said he's been hit for not filling about 1,200 administration jobs that require Senate confirmation, but people don't understand that he's not trying to fill many of those jobs.

"A lot of those jobs, I don't want to appoint someone because they're unnecessary to have," Trump said. "In government, we have too many people."

BREAKING: Attorney General Sessions met twice last year with Russian ambassador as senator during presidential campaign, DOJ says, but didn't disclose it during confirmation.

Keep pulling the threads...

Breaking: Hillary Clinton and her money-laundering scheme took millions from Russia, but THIS has you upset? :lol:

You hypocritical dumbass. If only you leftwing nutbags could think for yourself instead of repeating what you hear from Pelosi and Warren.

Imagine that.

From Sessions:

C54v7mnWAAEmvtg.jpg

Edited by LABillzFan

Breaking: Hillary Clinton and her money-laundering scheme took millions from Russia, but THIS has you upset? :lol:

You hypocritical dumbass. If only you leftwing nutbags could think for yourself instead of repeating what you hear from Pelosi and Warren.

Imagine that.

From Sessions:

C54v7mnWAAEmvtg.jpg

And ignoring, of course, that it's part of the role of a Senator sitting on the Armed Services Committee, to meet with ambassadors of other nations. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

BREAKING: Attorney General Sessions met twice last year with Russian ambassador as senator during presidential campaign, DOJ says, but didn't disclose it during confirmation.

Keep pulling the threads...

In other news, the Democratic Republic of Congo is interfering with our legislative process: https://votesmart.org/public-statement/898129/senator-mcconnell-meets-with-ambassador-of-the-democratic-republic-of-the-congo-regarding-adoption-issues#.WLe71PnythE

And Israel was trying to hack the election for Hillary, it seems: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/israeli-ambassador-meets-with-democrats/

Edited by DC Tom

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, under oath Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

"I'm not aware of any of those activities", he responded. He added: "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

That was a clear statement under oath, a perjury offense that at the very least should require Sessions to recuse himself from further investigations into the Trump-Russia election scandal, and another reason why a special procescutor should be appointed.

Edited by PastaJoe

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, under oath Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

"I'm not aware of any of those activities", he responded. He added: "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

That was a clear statement under oath, a perjury offense that at the very least should require Sessions to recuse himself from further investigations into the Trump-Russia election scandal, and another reason why a special procescutor should be appointed.

1421912307508.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

What was Sessions' affiliation with the Trump campaign in 2016?

Oh Ben, you should have stayed asleep. He has a penchant for using slavery for comparisons, this time to immigrants.

In his first speech as secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Dr. Ben Carson likened slaves forced to come to America to immigrants seeking a better life.

“That’s what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson told hundreds of federal employees Monday.

“There were other immigrants who came in the bottom of slave ships, who worked even longer, even harder, for less, but they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great granddaughters might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land,” Carson added.

This is not the first time Carson has likened something to slavery.

During an interview with NBC in 2015, he compared abortion to slavery.

“During slavery — and I know that’s one of those words you’re not supposed to say, but I’m saying it — during slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to the slave,” he said. “What if the abolitionists had said, ‘I don’t believe in slavery, I think it’s wrong, but you guys do whatever you want to do’?”

At the Values Voter Summit in 2013, Carson called ObamaCare the worst thing “since slavery.”

“It is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care,” Carson aid. “It was about control.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/06/carson-equates-slaves-to-immigrants-social-media-blasts-comment.html

Oh Ben, you should have stayed asleep. He has a penchant for using slavery for comparisons, this time to immigrants.

In his first speech as secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Dr. Ben Carson likened slaves forced to come to America to immigrants seeking a better life.

“That’s what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson told hundreds of federal employees Monday.

“There were other immigrants who came in the bottom of slave ships, who worked even longer, even harder, for less, but they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great granddaughters might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land,” Carson added.

“During slavery — and I know that’s one of those words you’re not supposed to say, but I’m saying it — during slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to the slave,” he said. “What if the abolitionists had said, ‘I don’t believe in slavery, I think it’s wrong, but you guys do whatever you want to do’?”

At the Values Voter Summit in 2013, Carson called ObamaCare the worst thing “since slavery.”

“It is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care,” Carson aid. “It was about control.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/06/carson-equates-slaves-to-immigrants-social-media-blasts-comment.html

What's your point? Slaves didn't believe in a better life for their descendants?

Edited by FireChan

Pasta Joe, entertaining as always. Glad to see you finally stopped with your petition and realized it is in fact to late. He is YOUR president. Rejoice!

Dr. Carson responds.............

Here’s good news and bad news for admirers and HUD Secretary Ben Carson. Like they say, if you’re explaining, you’re losing, and after Carson took a beating on social media for comments he made about immigrants who came to America below deck on slave ships, he revisited those comments both on the radio and on Facebook and in a series of tweets.

The good news is that he didn’t break down and apologize, something that must have most of the GOP looking on in amazement.

Some had made the point in Carson’s defense that one can be an immigrant against his will; it’s just a shame that Carson muddied the distinction between those who immigrated voluntarily and slaves.

but the press allows zero room for slip-ups in the Trump administration.

Carson’s Facebook post reads, in part:

The two experiences [the slave narrative and immigrant narrative] should never be intertwined, nor forgotten, as we demand the necessary progress towards an America that’s inclusive and provides access to equal opportunity for all.

We should revel in the fact that although we got here through different routes, we have many things in common now that should unite us in our mission to have a land where there is liberty and justice for all.

That comes across much better than the lines from his speech to HUD staffers did out of context, but the chance of his post changing the minds of his critics is approximately zero.

Edited by B-Man