Trump's leadership team

The question was never whether it was strictly Abrahamic. Joe argued that morality did not originate from something 'mystical,' but it rather evolved. I'm trying to understand from where he believes it originally evolved. We've so far worked our way back to Hammurabi.

What I am curious about now (from Joe's perspective, mind you) is where did Hammurabi come to know and understand what is and isn't moral? So far the answer has been either "he evolved" or "from his parents." Just trying to work our way back to its physical, real origin since "mystical" has been removed as an option.

Joe? Where did Hammurabi come to understand what is and isn't moral?

I answered that question already:

"Improved forms of culture and governance from tribalism to small city states to ever-larger nation-states, among other things. Greater complexity and organization among people. Creation of law, starting in mesopotamia and constant evolution of those basic laws."

It didn't happen overnight, it took millenia from the time the first primitive humans ceased hunter-gathering in small tribal groups and settled into farming communities. The rules had to change as populations increased. No longer was it "you have meat, i club you over head for meat." People had to follow rules in order for cities to survive. At their base, those rules are rooted in biological self-interest.

Edited by joesixpack

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Senate will vote to confirm Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to lead EPA at 1PM EST.

Despite outrage from EPA employees and environmentalists, the Senate is expected to confirm.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) said she will vote no, But it turns out Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) will vote yes.

This is the last vote for the Senate before the senators recess for two weeks.

THEY TOLD ME IF DONALD TRUMP TOOK POWER, FASCIST VIOLENCE WOULD THREATEN CIVIL GOVERNANCE. AND THEY WERE RIGHT!

Betsy DeVos being guarded by U.S. Marshals Service.

“The last Cabinet member protected by marshals was a director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy.”

So, basically, taking on the Education Cartel is as dangerous as taking on the Drug Cartels? Well, the former has more money and jobs at stake. . . .

Duh, because Trump is Hitler so we need to subvert our entire democratic republic and accept what the unelected intelligence agencies are telling us blindly. They've never lied to us before.

Last nights episode of real time was a joke. The intelligence agencies are putting their careers on the line to stop trump because they know he is a criminal and they are patriots. No irony at all from the guy who lost his **** because of the Iraq war and blindly Listening to the intelligence agencies...

But the biggest scandal of the night according to most of the media is that Maher was nice to milo lol

Edited by meazza

Last nights episode of real time was a joke. The intelligence agencies are putting their careers on the line to stop trump because they know he is a criminal and they are patriots. No irony at all from the guy who lost his **** because of the Iraq war and blindly Listening to the intelligence agencies.

You ain't lying. :beer:

I answered that question already:

"Improved forms of culture and governance from tribalism to small city states to ever-larger nation-states, among other things. Greater complexity and organization among people. Creation of law, starting in mesopotamia and constant evolution of those basic laws."

It didn't happen overnight, it took millenia from the time the first primitive humans ceased hunter-gathering in small tribal groups and settled into farming communities. The rules had to change as populations increased. No longer was it "you have meat, i club you over head for meat." People had to follow rules in order for cities to survive. At their base, those rules are rooted in biological self-interest.

So you're agreeing with Ayn Rand that a peaceful civilization is rooted in trade. (or more specifically, Money $$$) Your meat for my club.

Last nights episode of real time was a joke. The intelligence agencies are putting their careers on the line to stop trump because they know he is a criminal and they are patriots. No irony at all from the guy who lost his **** because of the Iraq war and blindly Listening to the intelligence agencies...

But the biggest scandal of the night according to most of the media is that Maher was nice to milo lol

I actually admire Maher for being one of the few Liberals willing to hear Conservative ideas for purposes of debate. Also, it's quite embarrassing that the "intelligent" panel can't counter Milo's statistics, but quickly resort to citing feelings (over facts) and name calling.

Edited by unbillievable

Why are people losing their minds over changing an Education System that is universally accepted as broken?

Because it threatens to destroy the money laundering scheme between Democrats and teacher's unions that is set to ensure that all teachers and taxpayers are forced to pick up the tab for lifestyles of the union bosses and election campaigns for the Democrats.