Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religious beliefs - you mean like global warming cooling climate change? I hear one of that religion's sacraments is abortion.

For the record:

I personally dislike abortion. I find it grotesque and distasteful. I think however that the government should be limited in its interference with the practice while also not funding them.

I personally think climate change is a hoax.

So I suppose I'm unorthodox in your mind?

For the record:

I personally dislike abortion. I find it grotesque and distasteful. I think however that the government should be limited in its interference with the practice while also not funding them.

I personally think climate change is a hoax.

So I suppose I'm unorthodox in your mind?

Joe, I guess the rub is that for many Americans, their sense of morality stems from their beliefs. If you were someone who believed that stealing should be okay, you could easily argue its against the law because of the Ten Commandments.

Joe, I guess the rub is that for many Americans, their sense of morality stems from their beliefs. If you were someone who believed that stealing should be okay, you could easily argue its against the law because of the Ten Commandments.

As I said earlier, morality is not dependent on faith/belief. People can be perfectly civilized and law-abiding without, in the words of Darin, "genuflecting to the flying spaghetti monster."

As I said earlier, morality is not dependent on faith/belief. People can be perfectly civilized and law-abiding without, in the words of Darin, "genuflecting to the flying spaghetti monster."

Maybe they can be, but we haven't seen it yet in all our years of civilization.

As I said earlier, morality is not dependent on faith/belief.

Where does morality come from?

What is it about humans that makes them instinctively understand what is and isn't moral?

And if there is no one thing, then who is to say that what you find morally correct is, in fact, morally correct for everyone?

Is there maybe a book you read that outlines for you what is and isn't moral?

Edited by LABillzFan

What is it about humans that makes them instinctively understand what is and isn't moral?

And if there is no one thing, then who is to say that what you find morally correct is, in fact, morally correct for everyone?

Are you saying that without religion we would have no idea what was right or wrong?

Higher social animals know when they act badly. Not an argument for biblical bases for morality.

People knew theft and murder were wrong before abrahamic religion.

People knew theft and murder were wrong before abrahamic religion.

Doesn't address this:

"who is to say that what you find morally correct is, in fact, morally correct for everyone?"

You do realize your whole argument of "moral relativity is stupid" completely contradicts "morality is what people say it is," right?

Edited by FireChan

Back at the thread................ :D

No to Puzder
Say No to David Petraeus
The Flynn Affair: Hoping for Addition by Subtraction