Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would have made her qualified to head a 5,000 person branch of the federal government, being a kindergarten teacher?

She can't possibly do worse than Arne Duncan, Obama's hand picked guy from Chicago Public Schools. I suppose leading a large and crappy system made him qualified. But that is not an endorsment of DeVos.

She can't possibly do worse than Arne Duncan, Obama's hand picked guy from Chicago Public Schools. I suppose leading a large and crappy system made him qualified. But that is not an endorsment of DeVos.

I don't know anything about DeVos, but if she's that distasteful to the entrenched interests who have been running things the past few decades, I'm all for giving her a shot.

I don't know anything about DeVos, but if she's that distasteful to the entrenched interests who have been running things the past few decades, I'm all for giving her a shot.

This.

If she's willing to undercut the NEA/AFT, she's a friend of mine.

!@#$ those people.

Fun fact: She's the first cabinet secretary in US History who owns her own private army and intelligence service.

Other than that, I don't know much about her educational policies.

Fun fact: She's the first cabinet secretary in US History who owns her own private army and intelligence service.

I doubt that.

Dick Cheney must have had one, didn't he?

The "unhinged" hilarity continues.............

angry-mob_new.jpg

‘Whose side are you on?’ Lefties go off on AFT boss Randi Weingarten for defending DeVos

Earlier today, protesters attempted to intimidate and block new Education Secretary Betsy DeVos from entering a school in D.C. Former Obama-era education secretary Arne Duncan came to DeVos’ defense. Lefties didn’t like that one bit. But if they were pissed off at Duncan, imagine how they felt when American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten — who vehemently protested DeVos’ nomination — took the protesters to task:

Just heard a protester blocked & almost knocked Secy @BetsyDeVos down at Jefferson.We don't condone such acts.We want her to go to pub schls

Needless to say, Weingarten’s tweet was not a hit with lefties: Examples at the link:

The "unhinged" hilarity continues.............

angry-mob_new.jpg

‘Whose side are you on?’ Lefties go off on AFT boss Randi Weingarten for defending DeVos

Earlier today, protesters attempted to intimidate and block new Education Secretary Betsy DeVos from entering a school in D.C. Former Obama-era education secretary Arne Duncan came to DeVos’ defense. Lefties didn’t like that one bit. But if they were pissed off at Duncan, imagine how they felt when American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten — who vehemently protested DeVos’ nomination — took the protesters to task:

Just heard a protester blocked & almost knocked Secy
down at Jefferson.We don't condone such acts.We want her to go to pub schls

Needless to say, Weingarten’s tweet was not a hit with lefties: Examples at the link:

I'd have though Randi was in the front lines of that protest.

She doesn't own it.

Technically true... with a but:

She was the primary seed money for Blackwater when Prince started it. I'm not sure she contributed any seed money to XE or Academi -- but they're the same company rebranded. Considering how close Prince is with 45's team, I'll go out on a limb and say her brother's company would be more than happy to work on Devos behalf in any number of ways. Probably free of charge.

I doubt that.

Dick Cheney must have had one, didn't he?

His wasn't private. :w00t:

Nah - pretty sure is because she is completely unqualified.

You can get your vouchers - but the vast majority of schools will always be public - and right now they seem to have the responsibility to attempt to cure a number of social ills in our inner cities - show me a private school that does this. Show me a private school that carries the responsibility of caring for the learning disabled, the autistic kids, the physically disabled kids whose parents don't have the 50k a year to send them a to a private school who does this. Show me a private school that takes the hungry kids in and feeds them breakfast lunch and dinner. Show me a private school that is going to provide a safe haven for vulnerable teens after school.

Show me a private school that's going to do all this for a $9000 voucher.

Talk about draining the swamp and money laundering...Devos bought that job - her results in MI speak for themselves.

But - as with most things since Jan 20 - the main positive seems to be "the left going full retard" rather than pointing to a path to that leads to a better result.

It's rare that you opine so extensively on something, and yet still be consistently incoherent.

In what world do you honestly believe public schools are responsible for curing inner-city social ills?

Tell us, please...what does the public school system do to cure autistic children?

What does the public school system do to cure physically handicapped children?

What does the public school system do to cure children with learning disabilities?

What does it to to cure other social ills, like, oh, say, that 78% of black children being born out of wedlock to a woman who's only interested in more wefare money? Oh, wait. I remember. They hand out free condoms and make abortions something to cheer.

And given the horrific state of our public school results right now, you should be GLAD there is someone involved who isn't another union-paid NEA knobgobbler. We've seen their handiwork, and it's undeniably abysmal.

Edited by LABillzFan

Devos wins.......................hypocrites lose.

Flashback: When Elizabeth Warren Supported School Choice

Elizabeth-Warren-e1485188980346-620x437.

An all-voucher or all-school choice system would be a shock to the educational system, but the shake out might be just what the system needs”

Unless (of course) I can grandstand in front of the cameras against a Republican woman.

An all-voucher or all-school choice system would be a shock to the educational system, but the shake out might be just what the system needs”

Unless (of course) I can grandstand in front of the cameras against a Republican woman.

Nice find, and not at all surprising. Most of the media though will let her carry on about school choice for the next 4 years and never discredit her as a flip-flopper.

Nah - pretty sure is because she is completely unqualified.

You can get your vouchers - but the vast majority of schools will always be public - and right now they seem to have the responsibility to attempt to cure a number of social ills in our inner cities - show me a private school that does this. Show me a private school that carries the responsibility of caring for the learning disabled, the autistic kids, the physically disabled kids whose parents don't have the 50k a year to send them a to a private school who does this. Show me a private school that takes the hungry kids in and feeds them breakfast lunch and dinner. Show me a private school that is going to provide a safe haven for vulnerable teens after school.

Show me a private school that's going to do all this for a $9000 voucher.

Talk about draining the swamp and money laundering...Devos bought that job - her results in MI speak for themselves.

But - as with most things since Jan 20 - the main positive seems to be "the left going full retard" rather than pointing to a path to that leads to a better result.

I saw some of Besty's Q&A during confirmation. She wasn't impressive either way but don't know much about her. I think we have to try and judge her on the job she does which starts now.

There are affordable private schools in Illinois that cater well to students with disabilities and have after school programs. Some are church managed and are affordable, much less than $9K. The public schools though are probably better equipped in many instances to deal with the disabled as they're better funded in this area (mandates).

As for curing social ills, that is a challenge for many schools and underperforming schools get a bit of a bad rap IMO. Most of what makes a "bad" school is on the kids and parents IMO. You get a higher percentage of those that aren't committed academically and behaviorally. These schools lower expectations for the students with lower grading and behavioral standards. More responsible parents move their kids to private/public schools and so what's left at the public schools is not the best pool of students. Better teachers also often leave those districts so the whole system is weakened. This is happening in Chicago which has a voucher program. Those that "escape" the public system are probably mostly benefiting from being among more committed parents and students.

I don't think we can accomplish much in terms of improving underperforming schools without a greater commitment to do well from the parents and students themselves. It's really time for leadership to point out to many parents and students that the "better schools" use the same textbooks and similar methods as the lesser performing schools. More money alone won't fix the gap.

Edited by keepthefaith

She's not a flip flopper, she's an unprincipeled hack, and a immoral liar.

She's just the kind of hypocritical mouthpiece SoProgs absolutely adore.

Like Sanders, she has made hundreds of thousands of dollars through her position on the Senate, but constantly yells about how unfair things are for the little people, and about how the rich man is trying to bring you down.

I get a kick out of responses to their Twitter accounts, though. Every time Bernie says something like "It's just not fair that you have to pay for college!", someone inevitably responds, "Which of your three houses are you tweeting from, Bernie?"

She speaks with forked tongue.

Tillerson was confirmed first, so he's got her beat.

Technically true... with a but:

She was the primary seed money for Blackwater when Prince started it. :

I'm not going to lie, I get a kick out of some of this conspiracy stuff, but remember to keep it somewhat plausible ok?

If Prince really started Blackwater like you say, you know damn well he would have named it Purplewater.