Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a BIG difference.....

one was an advisor blowing off steam

one was the President of the United States.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes it impossible to take anything here seriously. Being deliberately obtuse with an angle...

Would it really be that hard to admit that it probably isn't a good idea for the counselor to the POTUS to be pushing products for his daughter?

This is exactly the type of thing that makes it impossible to take anything here seriously. Being deliberately obtuse with an angle...

Would it really be that hard to admit that it probably isn't a good idea for the counselor to the POTUS to be pushing products for his daughter?

We've been pretty generally consistent in saying that what what's-her-name said was breathtakingly stupid at the very least.

Now, is it really that hard to admit that she's not the President?

There's a BIG difference.....

one was an advisor blowing off steam

one was the President of the United States.

There's another difference, a small one. I never heard Obama telling anyone to buy anything.

You don't see any differences in these two situations? My god...

You callin' me racist, brah?

There's another difference, a small one. I never heard Obama telling anyone to buy anything.

So you missed the part where Obama says they could use his comment as a commercial? You know, commercial, like when a business produces a public statement encouraging purchase of their goods or services, eh?

We've been pretty generally consistent in saying that what what's-her-name said was breathtakingly stupid at the very least.

Now, is it really that hard to admit that she's not the President?

No it's not. This whole situation isn't a big deal, she made a mistake. It's just maddening to see everything defended with a partisan angle (yes, both ways). Like that video of Obama has any relevance. It would be refreshing to just debate the issues.

No it's not. This whole situation isn't a big deal, she made a mistake. It's just maddening to see everything defended with a partisan angle (yes, both ways). Like that video of Obama has any relevance. It would be refreshing to just debate the issues.

It would. And, believe it or not, it does happen around here from time to time.

But right now most people are still on an emotional rollercoaster courtesy of the contentious election. It'll even out.

She made a mistake. A mistake? Her whole campaign was one mistake after another. You don't lose to Donald by making A mistake.

She's a competent administrator, that's really what the job demands

As education analysts such as University of Arkansas' Jay P. Greene and Reason Foundation's Lisa Snell have said, the education secretary has relatively little to do, as most federal funds are pre-committed through funding formulas that are difficult to monkey with very much.

What the secretary can do is set a broad agenda and a tone. And that, not her lack of credentials, is why Democratic senators tried to "hold the floor" against her. DeVos has been very involved in Republican politics at the national and state levels, where she chaired the Michigan Republican Party and has supported all sorts of school-choice plans.

Joe Lieberman disagrees with Baskin.........

Lieberman speaks in support of DeVos - The Washington Post

“Everything I have seen tells me that Betsy is ready to take on this assignment and do it very well,” Lieberman said in his introduction.

“I know some people are questioning her qualifications to be secretary of education. Too many of those questions seem to be based on the fact that she does not come from within the education establishment,” he said. “But, honestly, I believe that today, that is one of the most important qualifications you can have for the job.”

Lieberman told Breitbart News that after he left the Senate in 2013, he joined DeVos, who asked him to continue working with her as a member of the board of directors of the American Federation for Children.

She's a competent administrator, that's really what the job demands

As education analysts such as University of Arkansas' Jay P. Greene and Reason Foundation's Lisa Snell have said, the education secretary has relatively little to do, as most federal funds are pre-committed through funding formulas that are difficult to monkey with very much.

What the secretary can do is set a broad agenda and a tone. And that, not her lack of credentials, is why Democratic senators tried to "hold the floor" against her. DeVos has been very involved in Republican politics at the national and state levels, where she chaired the Michigan Republican Party and has supported all sorts of school-choice plans.

Joe Lieberman disagrees with Baskin.........

Lieberman speaks in support of DeVos - The Washington Post

“Everything I have seen tells me that Betsy is ready to take on this assignment and do it very well,” Lieberman said in his introduction.

“I know some people are questioning her qualifications to be secretary of education. Too many of those questions seem to be based on the fact that she does not come from within the education establishment,” he said. “But, honestly, I believe that today, that is one of the most important qualifications you can have for the job.”

Lieberman told Breitbart News that after he left the Senate in 2013, he joined DeVos, who asked him to continue working with her as a member of the board of directors of the American Federation for Children.

She's competent, and the education secretary has relatively little to do.... A ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one :lol: