Trump's leadership team

Something of an obvious article, but it genuinly sums up why the left has gone full retard over DeVos.

Two words: union money. The entire money-laundering scheme stands in the balance.

It's time for vouchers and school choice for everyone. Time to put an end to education unions completely.

She can now get on with her work, but this episode shouldn’t pass without noting what it says about the modern Democratic Party. Why would the entire party apparatus devote weeks of phone calls, emails and advocacy to defeating an education secretary? This isn’t Treasury or Defense. It’s not even a federal department that controls all that much education money, most of which is spent by states and local school districts. Why is Betsy DeVos the one nominee Democrats go all out to defeat?

The answer is the cold-blooded reality of union power and money. The National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers are, along with environmentalists, the most powerful forces in today’s Democratic Party. They elect Democrats, who provide them more jobs and money, which they spend to elect more Democrats, and so on. To keep this political machine going, they need to maintain their monopoly control over public education.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must truly be getting old. I had to google Pepe. For anyone else as behind the times as I apparently am, here's an article:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-pepe-the-frog-hate-symbol-20161011-snap-htmlstory.html

Yes, because we ALL know that the left loves to take ANY symbol and assign it a value and meaning that fits its agenda.

Pepe's no more racist than any other meme-toon. He's MEANT to offend.

She certainly was far more gracious than the harsh, shrill, Harpy-like haranguing diatribe put forth by Phauxahontas-self-appointed-princess-of-the-left-and shewolf-with-the-high-cheekbones.

Coretta Scott King was an elegant lady. Liz Warren is a deranged, foolish person.

it's amazing what the difference in a classy woman was 30 years ago vs. today.

Miley-Cyrus.jpg

it's amazing what the difference in a classy woman was 30 years ago vs. today.

Miley-Cyrus.jpg

It's not about being classy anymore - it's about being empowered. She's not wearing skimpy clothes and making sexual gestures because it's a male-dominated world in which she's forced to demean herself in order to succeed, she's wearing skimpy clothing and making sexual gestures because she's a bold, successful, and empowered modern woman.

It's not about being classy anymore - it's about being empowered. She's not wearing skimpy clothes and making sexual gestures because it's a male-dominated world in which she's forced to demean herself in order to succeed, she's wearing skimpy clothing and making sexual gestures because she's a bold, successful, and empowered modern woman.

but but she was in tears when Trump got elected.

Something of an obvious article, but it genuinly sums up why the left has gone full retard over DeVos.

Two words: union money. The entire money-laundering scheme stands in the balance.

It's time for vouchers and school choice for everyone. Time to put an end to education unions completely.

Nah - pretty sure is because she is completely unqualified.

You can get your vouchers - but the vast majority of schools will always be public - and right now they seem to have the responsibility to attempt to cure a number of social ills in our inner cities - show me a private school that does this. Show me a private school that carries the responsibility of caring for the learning disabled, the autistic kids, the physically disabled kids whose parents don't have the 50k a year to send them a to a private school who does this. Show me a private school that takes the hungry kids in and feeds them breakfast lunch and dinner. Show me a private school that is going to provide a safe haven for vulnerable teens after school.

Show me a private school that's going to do all this for a $9000 voucher.

Talk about draining the swamp and money laundering...Devos bought that job - her results in MI speak for themselves.

But - as with most things since Jan 20 - the main positive seems to be "the left going full retard" rather than pointing to a path to that leads to a better result.

You can get your vouchers - but the vast majority of schools will always be public - and right now they seem to have the responsibility to attempt to cure a number of social ills in our inner cities - show me a private school that does this. Show me a private school that carries the responsibility of caring for the learning disabled, the autistic kids, the physically disabled kids whose parents don't have the 50k a year to send them a to a private school who does this. Show me a private school that takes the hungry kids in and feeds them breakfast lunch and dinner. Show me a private school that is going to provide a safe haven for vulnerable teens after school.

Talk about draining the swamp and money laundering...Devos bought that job - her results in MI speak for themselves.

But - as with most things since Jan 20 - the main positive seems to be "the left going full retard" rather than pointing to a path to that leads to a better result.

And how many public schools in the districts that you are describing are doing a good job of what you're saying they're doing?

It's not about being classy anymore - it's about being empowered. She's not wearing skimpy clothes and making sexual gestures because it's a male-dominated world in which she's forced to demean herself in order to succeed, she's wearing skimpy clothing and making sexual gestures because she's a bold, successful, and empowered modern woman who is fully capable of demeaning herself all by herself with herself, and does so at the drop of a hat.

This is a terribly immoral argument that first asserts that these kids belong to these public schools; and then seeks to deny the best and brightest, with the parents most devoted to their education, whom are the most likely to take best advantage of tax dollars spent on education, the best possible avenue out of failing schools breaking a cycle of poverty.

If you want to fix failing schools, do it. It's laudable. But it's also a 100 year project, and you've tied yourself to denying opportunities to poor kids in the meanwhile, and that's reprehensible.