Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being taught by parents, typically.

And how did their parents know?

Before you answer that, consider that we can go on and on with "Taught by their parents" followed by "And how did their parents know?"

So how did anyone first learn or come to understand what is and is not moral?

And how did their parents know?

Before you answer that, consider that we can go on and on with "Taught by their parents" followed by "And how did their parents know?"

So how did anyone first learn or come to understand what is and is not moral?

See above. It's far more likely human beings evolved a sense of right and wrong than having it implanted by some mystical being that can't bee seen, touched, measured or conversed with. Edited by joesixpack

See above. It's far more likely human beings evolved a sense of right and wrong than having it implanted by some mystical being that can't bee seen, touched, measured or conversed with.

What's your explanation for all the hate, murder, rape, beheadings etc etc etc if we've all evolved moral higher reasoning?

You're making an argument in favor of moral relativism, FYI.

I told him. He won't listen.

What's your explanation for all the hate murder rape beheadings after the spaghetti monster gave us all a sense of morality?

Oh no, this is where you define your beliefs. I'm not on trial here.

Edited by FireChan

My explanation is that some cultures are less evolved than others. Your turn.

Okay, so let me see if I'm following you here.

Cultures evolve at different rates, but there's a universal morality that we will eventually all reach. Let's define that as a singularity.

What do you do when you've reached that point or close to it, and there's a culture that hasn't? It's not their fault, right? They just haven't evolved.