Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

He is eminently qualified and known to be an independent person.

What excuse can they possibly go with ?

The excuse is simple: Trump is 100% moronic. As everything he does is moronic, any & all actions, nominations, & ideas must, by definition be moronic. And 100% moronic nominations (even if on the surface they don't appear to be moronic &/or are actually inspired) must be opposed 100% of the time.

Note: rather than moronic, they might go w/ evil or that oldie but goodie evil AND moronic.

That article isn't clear.

Is the Senate re-confirming his rank or are they confirming his fitness for a position that they normally have no say over? Seems like the former because the article says that he can get around the process if he either retires or bounces himself down in rank by declining to participate (I obviously doubt he does either of those things).

Trump’s ‘Warrior-Scholar’ Praised as ‘Fantastic Choice.’

A roundup of reactions:

Politico describes McMaster, author of a 1997 book on America’s mishandling of the Vietnam war, as “one of the military’s leading warrior-scholars” and predicts that he will help Trump build bridges with GOP defense hawks like John McCain, who praised McMaster on Monday as “a man of genuine intellect, character, and ability.”

Retired Lt. Gen. David Barno tells the Washington Post that he knows McMaster well and he believes the general will excel at coordinating policy. “I don’t see HR as director of an orchestra; I see him as someone who is getting all the instruments to play together,” Barno says.

Cosmopolitan
rounds up eight things to know about McMaster, including the fact that he “is known for standing up for his beliefs” and was chosen as one of Time’s “100 Most Influential People” in 2014.

National Review
reports that Charles Krauthammer, one of Trump’s fiercest conservative critics, described the choice as encouraging, noting that McMaster’s willingness to go against prevailing opinion of the time when planning the Iraq troop surge shows “this is a guy who will say what he thinks and promote what he wants.”

At
Business Insider,
Paul Szoldra praises McMaster as a “fantastic choice,” not least for the great deal of respect he commands from the troops

The AP notes that McMaster has a “reputation for being willing to speak truth to power”—and he “appears to hold a much dimmer view than Trump of Moscow’s military and political objectives in Europe.”

Cosmopolitan? Really? What’s next, Teen Vogue? Oh, right. . . .

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/257922/

Can somebody please remind me when Ivanka got confirmed to be part of the Administration?

Apparently the democrats held a secret confirmation process and she breezed through with flying colors. Her official title is "secretary of nobody buy her fashion products and who in hell does she think she is, anyway".

She doesn't have to be confirmed, she just has to be of the Royal Blood. Like Rear Admiral Chelsea Clinton.

You know it won't be long before Trump opens up the Washington Mall for Ivanka's clothing line.

Father of dead Navy seal wants an investigation. McCain n record as criticizing the mission, pressure mounting on White House to talk about the decision making process and why mission was so necessary. Seems like the fool was sitting at dinner and beltched and said he wanted the mission.

Father refused to meet with Trump. Eom

Meanwhile...................................back at the Trump leadership team thread......................all was not well............ :rolleyes:

Navy secretary nominee withdraws from consideration

Feb 26, 2017 7:15 PM EST

Donald Trump's nominee for Navy secretary, Philip Bilden, has withdrawn his name from consideration.

Bilden said in a statement he informed Defense Secretary James Mattis of his decision.

In the statement Bilden, a financier, cited his financial holdings as the reason, saying "after an extensive review process, I have determined that I will not be able to satisfy the Office of Government Ethics requirements without undue disruption and materially adverse divestment of my family's private financial interests.

Treasury Secretary Mnuchin: We're committed to 'very significant' tax reform by August recess

CNBC ^