Give Rex credit, the spike was brilliant

I gotta give Rex some credit. Just when I thought the Bills had to have Schmidt kick the FG with an unknown holder (who is the backup holder?), Rex says spike the ball to get Carp back on the field. As much as I berate the guy for melting down in critical situations, the spike was a brilliant call in the clutch. I didn't think of it. How many of you did? Well-played Rex Ryan!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At my house we were saying put Hotrod back in and throw a bomb. I guess J Williams is our hurry up spiker. Interesting call. Why not put Hotrod in to spike. Woulda worked if not for the ignoramusses ("refs").

Smart play by Rex though no doubt.

I'm guessing they did the spike with the special teamers who were already out there.

I gotta give Rex some credit. Just when I thought the Bills had to have Schmidt kick the FG with an unknown holder (who is the backup holder?), Rex says spike the ball to get Carp back on the field. As much as I berate the guy for melting down in critical situations, the spike was a brilliant call in the clutch. I didn't think of it. How many of you did? Well-played Rex Ryan!

I was yelling at the TV for them to do this. It was the only play that could be made to save the situation that the refs put them in.

It was brilliant.

Then it probably wasn't Rex's idea.

Another part of the fiasco I don't understand was the refs supposedly waiting for a K ball when they stood over the ball and let the play clock go down to 5 seconds. Didn't they already have a K ball out there for the initial attempt when Sherman roughed Carpenter?

It was one of two mistakes made by referees (with Walt's team, no surprise) and admitted at half time by head of referees.

And the delay was just the way for referees to punish the Bills for being willing to walk off field with 3 seconds left due to the atrocious way they handled Richard Sherman's roughing of kicker on an offsides.

Can you give an example of bad clock management in the last two years? I recall a few occassions when he left too much time on the clock at the end of the half for the oppsoing team - perhaps the Bengals game last year. Other than that I don't recall any in-game time and field management decisions that were terrible.

I didnt think of it either. I was too busy yelling obscenities at the tv and my wife asking me wtf just happened to have all my wits about me.

I agree with this, and I doubt Rex was drinking, so........ he had an advantage.

It was obvious. I was yelling at the phone I was streaming it on

Did you get counted in the ratings?