First Cleveland, Now the Cubs.....

chaccof

as my son said, now that hell has frozen over and Cleveland got their championship this year and the Cub's got their championship it can only be a matter of time before Buffalo gets their championship....our "next year" has to come soon, doesn't it?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as my son said, now that hell has frozen over and Cleveland got their championship this year and the Cub's got their championship it can only be a matter of time before Buffalo gets their championship....our "next year" has to come soon, doesn't it?

No, no it doesn't. Bills are gonna make it to 20 years, and you can take that to the bank.

But it took the Cubs 108 years so I wouldn't hold my breath

Poll on wgr 550

If the Cubs can win it all.....Who will win a title first?

Bills 10%

Sabres 90% so far

More teams in the playoffs, full series vs. single game.

More needs to break right for the bills to make the playoffs which is the big hurdle. Once you're in you only have to win a couple games and its yours. The Sabres should be in almost every year, but it's almost another season in the playoffs.

More teams in the playoffs, full series vs. single game.

More needs to break right for the bills to make the playoffs which is the big hurdle. Once you're in you only have to win a couple games and its yours. The Sabres should be in almost every year, but it's almost another season in the playoffs.

Buffalo will gets its championship "eventually" but I'd go with the Sabres first as well. It looks like the Bills could get to 108 years without the playoffs at this rate.

I thought about how the Cle-Cubs series was great for baseball and thought about what would the equivalent be in the NFL. I think it would be Minnesota vs Buffalo. 2 0-4 in the SB teams. Teams that have gotten so close but couldn't finish it off and 1 would be guaranteed to lift that curse.

Buffalo fans are special. We all bond together through our misery. Cleveland and Cubs fans are no longer in that group. It sucks but we are now #1 at something....sports misery. As much as i want the Bills/Sabres to win a championship...neither team seems capable of even making the playoffs. You can't win anything unless you can get to the tournament. It's going to be a Long Long time for us.

When Theo joined the Cubs he asked fans to be patient so his plan had time to work. I could only imagine how that speech would go over here.

This organization would have to hire one of the youngest, sharpest, most progressive minds in the game from outside the organization first.

Then we could see how the fans dealt with the patience issue.

After lifetimes of failure, the Red Sox and then the Cubs got serious about going from crap organizations to great ones.

Until the Bills do that, it will be much more of the same.

I couldn't generate much sympathy for the Cubs. Yes I understand it is 100 years or something for them. But Chicago itself is winning championships with the Black Hawks, Bulls when they had Jordan, 85 Bears (That long ago?)

Watching ESPN's Believeland about Cleveland, so much was similar to Buffalo. Then they add to the ending when the Cav's and Lebron win it. Buffalo has got to be at least 3 years in either sport from being a contender. Sabres probably have a better chance

I couldn't generate much sympathy for the Cubs. Yes I understand it is 100 years or something for them. But Chicago itself is winning championships with the Black Hawks, Bulls when they had Jordan, 85 Bears (That long ago?)

Watching ESPN's Believeland about Cleveland, so much was similar to Buffalo. Then they add to the ending when the Cav's and Lebron win it. Buffalo has got to be at least 3 years in either sport from being a contender. Sabres probably have a better chance

Yes, the Sabres are much better structured for success than the Bills currently.

Theo is very personable and always had a way with the fans in Boston. If he did ever decide for the NFL challenge I would hope Terry and Kim would open the checkbook. Let him bring in Jed and all his staff and I'm sure they would get things moving in the right direction. I don't see it happening but boy would that be refreshing.

Anyone see his interview last night about the his friends and family congratulating him early on the victory? Funny stuff. NSFW https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4K2-q-x7wk