Percy Harvin coming back

boco357

Assuming that his legs are back, look at his stat line over the first three games when he was healthy

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarvPe00/gamelog/2015/

and look at TT's performance in those games.

Health (mental & physical) is a huge concern, but if he can hang on for 8 games, this should be good news for Tyrod & Bills

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes because a unblocked defender knifing into the backfield when he barely gets the ball is soooo his fault

Exactly. How anyone could blame PH for that is beyond me.

The point is that we'll completely out-think ourselves and misuse him like ALL OF OUR WEAPONS.

It's silly for anyone to think we'll be airing it out like crazy now that a post-retirement Harvin is on the team. We've had Goodwin on the team for how many years? We've probably taken what...six shots down field to him? It's a joke, a farce, a shell of a strategy. We typically get players and use them as decoys. We refuse to play to our players' strengths regardless of who is coaching.

It's unbelievable that people on this board can pine for players like Alshon Jeffery and actually assume we would use them correctly. Case in point...we started the NE game and marched all the way downfield and had a 1st and goal from the 6. Did we pound it with our great run game? No. Did we toss it to our tall receiver Justin Hunter or our athletic tight end? No. We out thought ourselves. I don't even know what we did:

1. 1-6-NE 6(12:00) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left [54-D.Hightower]. Thrown away under pressure.
  2. Timeout #1 by BUF at 11:51.
  3. 2-6-NE 6(11:51) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor up the middle to NE 5 for 1 yard (95-C.Long).
  4. 3-5-NE 5(11:15) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 22-R.Bush. Overthrown, receiver 2 yds. into end zone.
  5. 4-5-NE 5(11:07) 2-D.Carpenter 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-6-C.Schmidt.

Again, it's unreal that you guys think someday they'll figure this stuff out.

I'm not sure why anyone is upset with this. He has great playmaking ability. The players seem to be excited about t and we need a WR. Isn't this better than signing some scrub?

Alston Jeffrey is not happening. Anyone watching the Bears game last night knows that. Tory smith? Cmon I'd rather have a healthy and motivated Harvin.

It's worth a shot. The worst that happens is that he stinks and gets hurt.

Assuming that his legs are back, look at his stat line over the first three games when he was healthy

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarvPe00/gamelog/2015/

and look at TT's performance in those games.

Health (mental & physical) is a huge concern, but if he can hang on for 8 games, this should be good news for Tyrod & Bills

I don't know if this is good news but it mostly just shows they are trying. In those stats, Harvin had Watkins helping the cause.

The point is that we'll completely out-think ourselves and misuse him like ALL OF OUR WEAPONS.

It's silly for anyone to think we'll be airing it out like crazy now that a post-retirement Harvin is on the team. We've had Goodwin on the team for how many years? We've probably taken what...six shots down field to him? It's a joke, a farce, a shell of a strategy. We typically get players and use them as decoys. We refuse to play to our players' strengths regardless of who is coaching.

It's unbelievable that people on this board can pine for players like Alshon Jeffery and actually assume we would use them correctly. Case in point...we started the NE game and marched all the way downfield and had a 1st and goal from the 6. Did we pound it with our great run game? No. Did we toss it to our tall receiver Justin Hunter or our athletic tight end? No. We out thought ourselves. I don't even know what we did:

1. 1-6-NE 6(12:00) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left [54-D.Hightower]. Thrown away under pressure.
  2. Timeout #1 by BUF at 11:51.
  3. 2-6-NE 6(11:51) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor up the middle to NE 5 for 1 yard (95-C.Long).
  4. 3-5-NE 5(11:15) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to 22-R.Bush. Overthrown, receiver 2 yds. into end zone.
  5. 4-5-NE 5(11:07) 2-D.Carpenter 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-65-G.Sanborn, Holder-6-C.Schmidt.

Again, it's unreal that you guys think someday they'll figure this stuff out.

I wonder how long we are gonna use the Patriots game as the bench mark for what this offense is going to do

I don't understand getting upset about this.

With that said, I doubt it makes much a difference and Percy gets hurt eventually.

Seriously- why would anyone want to add a guy who's averaged 10 yards per catch, knows the offense, has put up 4000 career yards and 2009s rookie of the year when we can watch a bunch of UDFAs drop footballs, not separate and not RAC...

Even if he lasts two games it's money we'll spent.

I wonder how long we are gonna use the Patriots game as the bench mark for what this offense is going to do

So you think shotgun three times in a row from the 6 yard-line with a throw away, a scramble, and an overthrow to Reggie Bush is the right move there? Going to use excuses even though we had Gillislee, Hunter, and Clay in the lineup?

Come on man, quit making a million excuses each year that we've been missing the playoffs, you look ridiculous and the team keeps proving you wrong.

I don't know if this is good news but it mostly just shows they are trying. In those stats, Harvin had Watkins helping the cause.

Possibly, but it was also clear that Harvin was TT's primary option and he responded.

So you think shotgun three times in a row from the 6 yard-line with a throw away, a scramble, and an overthrow to Reggie Bush is the right move there? Going to use excuses even though we had Gillislee, Hunter, and Clay in the lineup?

Come on man, quit making a million excuses each year that we've been missing the playoffs, you look ridiculous and the team keeps proving you wrong.

Once again I say....the Patriots game is OVER

How long are we gonna keep bitching about it....bring on Seattle

Is there another non-Jacoby Brissette Patriots game you'd prefer? Because pretty much anyone will do.

How about not using the patriots games at all....they are behind us

Citing three individual plays means absolutely nothing. The Bills have the 5th best Red zone offense in the league so far this year.

That throw to Bush was very close to a TD. There was nothing wrong with that play call other than you preferring something else. I would have thrown or have Taylor run it in from 5 yards out if I was calling the play.

I'm happy to have him back considering our desperation at WR, but him bordering on retiring and not going to London last year really hurt the season I think.

If he played that game, I think we win, and go into the bye week 4-3 instead of 3-4. Beat the Jets and Dolphins like we did and we are 6-3 going up against the Patriots.

Like who? What player are the Bills passing on to get Harvin?

And what would it cost in draft picks and cap hit that would affect signing other players going forward?

I believe that "...signing players on Tuesday who will actually be on the field on Sunday..." is No. 3 on the top ten list of signs your team is not going to make the playoffs.

And a 4-4 record at the halfway mark, Seattle and Cincinnati next up, with AW heading for the IR, Sammy still not available, Woods hurting again, McCoy day to day and Gilmore in full blown meltdown (check his Instagram rampage) aren't already "signs your team is not going to make the playoffs"? Yeah, everything was fine...until they threw in the towel by signing Harvin. Whee-uuh!

The Buffalo Bills has to be the laughing stock of the league they bumble around so much they can't get out of their own way they bring back a guy knowing his history with injuries how about some of the guys that were in training camp, ie: hankerson, little you know some big receivers just don't understand what they're doing

And the Pats are brilliant for trading a Pro Bowler for a bag of doughnuts. The pressures of this season, the election, the national debt? Something is driving us around the bend.

I'm happy to have him back considering our desperation at WR, but him bordering on retiring and not going to London last year really hurt the season I think.

If he played that game, I think we win, and go into the bye week 4-3 instead of 3-4. Beat the Jets and Dolphins like we did and we are 6-3 going up against the Patriots.

My thoughts on the retirement thing.

If he had retired for longer then a year.....or a number of years....and it was do to non performance I would not like this too much.

The fact is....Percy was a explosive playmaker last year when he was not hurt......a perfect number 2 guy actually. if he is past his injuries just long enough to get us through the season then maybe that is enough to pick us up a bit.....and if SAMMY comes back and you have Sammy, Percy, and Robert (and frankly...I think this would also help Justin Hunter as well)

Now you are putting quality receivers on the field.....NOW you can get a accurate assessment of Tyrod Taylor before you give him the next segment of that big contract. If his production does not pick up with better receivers.....now you truly get a moment of pause (or maybe he plays better and you figure out it was actually the lack of quality pass catchers)