Bills elevate WR Ed Eagan to active roster

It's October. Did you expect Jerry Rice to fall into our lap? :D

From my understanding, he's available (and probably still in great shape!)

But, after watching part of Terrell Owens "A Football Life", dang, maybe give him a call? He does have the key to the city.... I mean, could he really be any worse than what we currently have? For reals!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was fairly clear we needed someone who can run quick routes and get open. Help move the sticks.

Need Tyrod to throw quicker on those routes. I'm not convinced people aren't getting open. He has a hard time pulling the trigger it would seem

Might turn out to be our version on Julian Edelman. Identical measurements in stature and combine numbers. Never know what I guy is capable of doing until he's giving a chance. The coaches must have saw something they like, because they choose him over players who have been with the team longer. "Go Bills"

can he be any less than productive that the guys we had over the last 2 years Goodwin, Hunter, Salas, Tate, Powell, Thigpen - PLAYMAKERS !!

sounds like a welker edelman guy. id love to see quick routes with him and tt.

blocks like mike alstott, hits like john lynch, and catches first downs like wayne chrebet.

come on guys... lets be real with the comparisons. he sounds like one of the hundred fringe WRs on practice squads or unemployed around the league. he doesnt sound anything like a probowler.

blocks like mike alstott, hits like john lynch, and catches first downs like wayne chrebet.

come on guys... lets be real with the comparisons. he sounds like one of the hundred fringe WRs on practice squads or unemployed around the league. he doesnt sound anything like a probowler.

i'm not naive enough to think he is those guys I was just pointing out he sounds like those guys. now the question is whether he can perform like that

At this point i think it is important to not look at the name on the back of the jersey

What exactly are his strengths....do they fit weaknesses we have at the current time?

I guess we will find out

i'm not naive enough to think he is those guys I was just pointing out he sounds like those guys. now the question is whether he can perform like that

he has roughly 1 in about 1000 shot. so there is a chance.

but realistically, there are probably better comp points if you are trying to find someone even for his upside comparable. theres probably a 3rd-4th WR out there somewhere that he has more like 1 in 100 chance of becoming.

Believe it or not, I have a friend that played at Holy Cross (Eagen's High school) and Northwestern State (McGee and Demetress Bell's alma mater). He currently coaches at Holy Cross as well. I asked him for a scouting report and this is what he said "same guy we talked about over the summer. He's a stud. Holds all of the receiving records at NSU. Very good returner. can certainly help on special teams....super fast."

So basically, Buffalo will be starting the worst group of WRs on an NFL team for as long as I can remember.

Just keep in mind: Seattle won the Super Bowl with exclusively late round WRs and Undrafted guys. I'm not saying Buffalo is Seattle at all - just throwing some perspective to what "can" be done with WRs who match the scheme and overall Offensive game plan.

Edited by BigBuff423

This, probably. Tate caught a couple of nice passes last week.

His got some moves for a white guy.

I saw the tape and figured he could be groomed as Hogans replacement and a new Welker. That would be awesome. I also saw Tate make a few catches. Heres to hoping Tate and Powell take big leaps forward, God knows this team needs them too.

Just keep in mind: Seattle won the Super Bowl with exclusively late round WRs and Undrafted guys. I'm not saying Buffalo is Seattle at all - just throwing some perspective to what "can" be done with WRs who match the scheme and overall Offensive game plan.

They can be if the Defense can stop choking itself. Letting a 200 yard rusher was unacceptable.

Gota have someone

I get the jokes but awesome for this dude to make the NFL. I also am secretly jealous of these dudes who come out of nowhere getting to play big time football. If I only cared more about practice!!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI practice

shifty!!!

Whaley loves the 5 ft 8 receivers

yep :(

I like guys like this but we really need to diversify and get some height in here

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

So basically, Buffalo will be starting the worst group of WRs on an NFL team for as long as I can remember.

Precisely so. Unfortunately. Need to invest this off-season or even prior for a big WR, meaning 6ft 4+

Hate to say this... BUT I'd trade Gilmore for A. Jeffrey in a heartbeat.

Edited by gr8billsfan