Bills elevate WR Ed Eagan to active roster

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have any speedy peanut vendors with the right build who can get separation?

I mean, we just brought up a guy the Browns let go? I'm hopeful and all, but not as stupid as I look. Not encouraging.

Tyrod sucks.

To be fair we expected upwards of 2(!) of those to be impact players. Several were coin flips to make the team over guys we don't seem to be calling (hankersn, little). Adding listenbee and Easley to the list doesn't change much

What this picture does not say is that the ball hits him on the shoulder.

We need receivers who catch balls with their hands.

Scouting Report on him

STRENGTHS Slot receiver with kick and punt return experience. Returned two punts and two kickoffs four touchdowns in college. Rapid turnover in feet off the line of scrimmage and into routes. Consistent play speed in routes and does adequate job of selling them. Tight footwork allows for sudden stop-­start quickness. Sinks hips into breaks and can slam on brakes and open quickly on comeback routes. Can elude first tackler after the catch. Not a classic hands catcher, but finishes his catches nonetheless.

WEAKNESSES Quicker than fast. Lacks the length and long speed to be a threat over the top. Needs more consistency of effort as blocker. Average acceleration out of break points and stems. Separation comes from footwork and not burst. Can be road­blocked from press coverage.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7 or priority free agent

BOTTOM LINE Eagan's ability to return kicks and punts could loom large as he attempts to fight for a roster spot this summer and into the fall. While Eagan might lack the size or speed to excite evaluators enough to draft him, scouts see him as a quality football player who has a chance to put himself in the mix for a roster spot if he can also convince a team that he has special teams value.

Based off his scouting report I wonder if he was activated to return kicks allowing Tate to focus on being a WR this week

Edited by MAJBobby

I'll be the one to say it. They should have kept Ola and lined him up in the slot. They need size at receiver, and he could probably block downfield pretty well.

wasnt Poe lined up in the slot with KC. I think I remember seeing a BIG Huge guy lined up spread out on a play this season

Yeah it was Poe

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/16/watch-alex-smith-throws-td-pass-to-dontari-poe/

Edited by MAJBobby