Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

What could Rick actually have done different here......am I missing something?

His plan was another disaster that went terribly wrong. First the excellent double-cross, then I believe he wanted Maggie's crew to hang back until she decided to take matters into her own hands.

His plan was another disaster that went terribly wrong. First the excellent double-cross, then I believe he wanted Maggie's crew to hang back until she decided to take matters into her own hands.

Is it really so hard to believe that the garbage pail group would not want to alliance with the saviors?

The philosophies of these two groups do not seem to be anything alike.....and the weird tall lady would seem to have to give up so much power in order this all to work.

If the garbage pail group had ANY smarts....they could have double crossed the double cross and ended Negan tonight....but that would take away from more walking dead episodes.

The whole kingdom thing should be so cheesey, but it works. The three main players there are such damn good actors, they make it great.

For one night anyway, the slow boring season is forgotten. 14 episodes sandwiched between two great ones.

All out war starts and only one main character dies! Come on. Is there anyone left we care about anyway? Carol, maybe. Maggie I guess. Everyone else has turned....boring. I like Neagen but they try and force so much over the top behavior. Edited by inkman

All out war starts and only one main character dies! Come on. Is there anyone left we care about anyway? Carol, maybe. Maggie I guess. Everyone else has turned....boring. I like Neagen but they try and force so much over the top behavior.

In regards to Negan, that's straight from the comics. His character is very over the top and JDM plays it perfectly. I loved the finale, but it was very predictable.... However, it was good to see Carl step up and take the first shot. Loved that part! And of course the Tiger was epic. I was a little surprised to see Michonne get her ass whipped so badly... We still see Dwight's supposedly on Ricks side with the chess piece too.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable complaints about how Shiva somehow knows who is a Savior and who isn't.

How does anyone really know each other? You have Ocean Side that people from the Kingdom and Hilltop have never met, they could have shot them and vise versa. I would assume most of the Kingdom doesn't know Hilltop and neither have met all of Rick's crew. I doubt the Saviors and gabage pale's know each other that well. So, you can't nitpick about those things. But it would have been pretty cool if Shiva bit Rick's head....oooops, my bad.

Edited by ricojes

How does anyone really know each other? You have Ocean Side that people from the Kingdom and Hilltop have never met, they could have shot them and vise versa. I would assume most of the Kingdom doesn't know Hilltop and neither have met all of Rick's crew. I doubt the Saviors and gabage pale's know each other that well. So, you can't nitpick about those things. But it would have been pretty cool if Shiva bit Rick's head....oooops, my bad.

Well at least the kingdomers are easy to pick out of a crowd. :lol:

If anything, I'd imagine it's the Saviors in the middle with the three groups converging around them. The dumpster people screw with that one though, since they were scattered around Alexandria.

Is it really so hard to believe that the garbage pail group would not want to alliance with the saviors?

The philosophies of these two groups do not seem to be anything alike.....and the weird tall lady would seem to have to give up so much power in order this all to work.

If the garbage pail group had ANY smarts....they could have double crossed the double cross and ended Negan tonight....but that would take away from more walking dead episodes.

This leads to Jadis getting what she wanted from Rick when it was over. Getting f'd.

We take, we don't do. Well they took a lot of casualties that's for certain.

Dr Smartypants won't be welcomed back in Alexandria.

Was Sasha pleasing herself in the coffin on the way to Alexandria?

not counting commercials - 50 minutes of boring for 10 minutes of action.

Maggy is now the leader of Hilltop. :thumbsup:

To borrow a quote from the show - "I'm shocked as ****" Simon made it out of Season 7 alive. Thought for sure he was going to be eaten by a tiger or the turned Sasha.

I'll call my shot now - Jadis dies by garbage truck next season.

Dr Smartypants won't be welcomed back in Alexandria.

Given his interaction with Negan at the end, I completely expect him to team up with Dwight to take down the Sanctuary from the inside. After what he saw with the doctor and now that interaction, Eugene has to know what he's dealing with. That and he absolutely has to team up with Dwight given that they've been intimate.

Given his interaction with Negan at the end, I completely expect him to team up with Dwight to take down the Sanctuary from the inside. After what he saw with the doctor and now that interaction, Eugene has to know what he's dealing with. That and he absolutely has to team up with Dwight given that they've been intimate.

That's a good possibility. He "is Negan" because it provides a sense of security, he's basically hanging around with the biggest kid in the class. Now that there's a battle and it appears as though the odds a pretty even, he may just flip. Of course, Rick did give the order to blow him up, so he has concerns on both sides.

That's a good possibility. He "is Negan" because it provides a sense of security, he's basically hanging around with the biggest kid in the class. Now that there's a battle and it appears as though the odds a pretty even, he may just flip. Of course, Rick did give the order to blow him up, so he has concerns on both sides.

They came around pretty quickly on Dwight's intentions, so if they can trust him, they can definitely trust Eugene again after he sabotages something.

Epic scene with Shiva (the tiger) jumping in just before Carl's about to get his brains bashed in.

Yep, I don't think that scene could have played out in a more entertaining fashion. I was thinking maybe Carl would be saved by a sniper or something at the last second, then all of a sudden Shiva bursts into the scene. Epic describes it perfectly!

Dr Smartypants will take the path of least resistance aka the Cowards way out. I tried to think he was playing a smart mans game once and he proved me wrong.

Once bitten

Dwight wants Negan dead, Eugene doesn't (necessarily) IMO.

Dr Smartypants will take the path of least resistance aka the Cowards way out. I tried to think he was playing a smart mans game once and he proved me wrong.

Once bitten

Dwight wants Negan dead, Eugene doesn't (necessarily) IMO.

Eugene wants to feel safe. I don't think he cares either way about Negan, as long as he feels safe.

Right now, after Negan questioning Sasha's death, he's probably not feeling very safe.

The only thing I missed was what happened to Gregory? I don't remember him actually leaving and all of a sudden he's gone and Maggie is leading the Hilltop? Where did I miss that?

He went to Sanctuary to talk to Negan about Hilltop issues. meaning imo that he wanted to say Maggy was trying to take over.

Well, I think we all saw what Negan saw ... there's that pregnant &%+$#

Eugene wants to feel safe. I don't think he cares either way about Negan, as long as he feels safe.

Right now, after Negan questioning Sasha's death, he's probably not feeling very safe.

That is true. Negan has no proof Sasha she died. It may very well believe that she ran out of air. The only way to find out is to test that theory. Coffin, tarp, two or more hour drive.

However like Dwight, they may side with them "the enemy of my enemy" but you'll never see Dwight living in Alexandria or Hilltop.

Exactly. He was completely on board with Negan up until the uprising. But since he's stuck with them now, he has to play it very smart, pretty much the only thing he is capable of doing. He'll be very careful moving forward thanks to what he saw with the doctor. No matter how useful he is, Negan will not hesitate to eliminate him if he even suspects anything.

I just want to say again: way to go, Carl. I still think the best part of the episode was him seizing the initiative and starting the shooting without a second thought.

But the tiger...look, I want to give serious props to the visual effects people, who did wonders making attacks by an animatronic stuffed animal look passingly realistic (they looked just real enough for me to willingly susspend disbelief - "That's clearly fake, but not so obviously that it detracts from everything." Good job on a TV budget, and excellent example of the combined use of CGI and practical effects.) But that's not how tigers attack. They don't normally lunge in from the side in a half-assed leap. But particularly, when they have your head in their jaws, they don't just sort of casually wiggle your head around like...something that casually wiggles something else (I don't know, I don't really have an analogy here.) Tigers can carry their own body weight in their jaws up a ten foot leap. They have your head in their jaws, they crush it or rip it clean off.

I just want to say again: way to go, Carl. I still think the best part of the episode was him seizing the initiative and starting the shooting without a second thought.

But the tiger...look, I want to give serious props to the visual effects people, who did wonders making attacks by an animatronic stuffed animal look passingly realistic (they looked just real enough for me to willingly susspend disbelief - "That's clearly fake, but not so obviously that it detracts from everything." Good job on a TV budget, and excellent example of the combined use of CGI and practical effects.) But that's not how tigers attack. They don't normally lunge in from the side in a half-assed leap. But particularly, when they have your head in their jaws, they don't just sort of casually wiggle your head around like...something that casually wiggles something else (I don't know, I don't really have an analogy here.) Tigers can carry their own body weight in their jaws up a ten foot leap. They have your head in their jaws, they crush it or rip it clean off.

I thought it looked pretty impressive too. Maybe in part because I was so surprised by the attack, but even considering that, I thought it was great.

they don't just sort of casually wiggle your head around like...something that casually wiggles something else (I don't know, I don't really have an analogy here.)

Ask Boyst. He'll have something for that..

The whole kingdom thing should be so cheesey, but it works. The three main players there are such damn good actors, they make it great.

I assume you're talking Morgan, Carol and Zeke. If true I agree 100%. The guy playing Zeke is really good and it can't be easy trying to hang with James and McBride. They are both awesome IMO.

I also think Richard did a very good job as did the kid.

I thought it looked pretty impressive too. Maybe in part because I was so surprised by the attack, but even considering that, I thought it was great.

I should have added: I still feel like the biggest idiot for being surprised by the tiger attack. It's a bad day when that (*^*&%^$^#Gimple sneaks such an obvious panthera ex machina by me.

The tiger shots were short and sweet. They didn't focus on it long enough to get too distracted by tv budget effects.

I assume you're talking Morgan, Carol and Zeke. If true I agree 100%. The guy playing Zeke is really good and it can't be easy trying to hang with James and McBride. They are both awesome IMO.

I also think Richard did a very good job as did the kid.

Yeah, I liked Richard too. The kingdom as a hole has worked really well. Casting and story, it actually makes sense. Their quirks are so much more explainable than the junk yard people.

I should have added: I still feel like the biggest idiot for being surprised by the tiger attack. It's a bad day when that (*^*&%^$^#Gimple sneaks such an obvious panthera ex machina by me.

That was a classic "watch the birdie" moment that would catch just about anybody off-guard. Plus, it really doesn't make much sense once you think about it. You would think that at least one of the saviors would have yelled "hey, lookout! There's a %$#@ing tiger!". It's not like there wasn't a small crowd gathered around or anything. The viewer had no clue that Shiva was going to appear.

I saw it last night.

Observations:

1) Was still a slow episode up until the fighting at the end.

2) Why did the Kingdom and Hilltop walk to Alexandria?

3) Why did Negan feel he needed Sasha to negotiate when he already had the freaky garbage people and essentially cornered Rick?

4) Why doesn't Rick just bite off Negan's throat when he had the chance rather than just hope for a tiger to appear?

5) Next season I will just read reviews and maybe just TIVO until the war scenes.

Edited by meazza

1)lots of commercials in the first half hour also

2) quieter?

3) Negan likes theater

4) not sure - in shock he got caught a second time? Or did he know Kingdom and Hilltop were there and kept it from Jadis?

5) ok

3) Why did Negan feel he needed Sasha to negotiate when he already had the freaky garbage people and essentially cornered Rick?

He doesn't want to just kill people. He needs these other communities to produce for him. He wants to show the people of Alexandria that both Eugene and Sasha are working with him and they can have that same chance. Get on board and things will get better.

Why did Sasha have to ride in the coffin for two hours? She could have rode in the trucks with the rest, and then they could have put her in the coffin a couple miles away before they got there, and it would have had the same intended impact on Rick.

I was thinking Michonne would shoot Lucille out of Negan's hands as he was about to hit Carl.

Why did Sasha have to ride in the coffin for two hours? She could have rode in the trucks with the rest, and then they could have put her in the coffin a couple miles away before they got there, and it would have had the same intended impact on Rick.

I was thinking Michonne would shoot Lucille out of Negan's hands as he was about to hit Carl.

Michonne was fighting the extremely subtle "we're going to backstab you" blonde girl from the garbage society.

Michonne was fighting the extremely subtle "we're going to backstab you" blonde girl from the garbage society.

Understood, but she had already gone splat by then, and everyone thought it was Michonne who fell, so it would have been a surprise that a sniper would shoot on Negan.

Sasha told Negan she wanted to ride in thickset to get some sleep.

Understood, but she had already gone splat by then, and everyone thought it was Michonne who fell, so it would have been a surprise that a sniper would shoot on Negan.

Yes but she looked like balboa after rocky 3 so she might have had issues aiming.

They didn't execute that scene very well. I had to rewind it a couple times to see that someone actually fell. It came across to me as just a distant scream.

That was Negan's intention, but Sasha wanted to get in the coffin right away. Which impressed Negan even more, I think he really was hoping she would be on team Negan.

“You've got some beach ball-sized lady nuts, and I wanna harness the heat coming off 'em,”

"I admire your courage and would like you on my team."

it was the only way she could turn and not be noticed.

"Only one has to die"

why shoot the bat, shoot the head off of the snake.

It's hard for me to put the "Marine" in me away sometimes. When they all came running in to rescue Rick and Carl nobody even tries to find cover and shoot? They all just stand straight up in the open and fire with automatic weapons. Also, when Negan was driving away right at the end with his middle finger up out the OPEN window of the truck, the 6 people firing automatic weapons from 15 feet away didn't hit him once?

Ok, now I'll put the Marine away and just enjoy it for what it is. :D