Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

I thought it was always longer, but the site i was on must have only listed a few...I believe we had the same conversation last year as well...

It looks like the last three episodes don't have titles yet, so maybe that's why they were left off your link. :huh:

So after tonight's episode, I've decided that the best part of season 8, by far, is the Los Pollos Hermanos commercials.

They need to open some restaurants.

And I'll vote for "without fat Joey, skinny Joey is just Joey" as the second best moment.

Throwing one Dr. Carson into the furnace and needing the other Dr. Carson at the Hilltop has a good chance of serving as an ignition point for the war.

It'll be interesting to see if Eugene leads the Saviors to the right machine shop.

Last nights episode was not only boring but confusing. Is Eugene trying to play them to gather information? The smirk he had as he walked away from the first conversation with Negan makes me think he is. But he's such a kitty that I can't see him trying to be a hero.

It's the exact opposite with him. He's a coward and he'll go along with whatever keeps him alive. He's exactly like Gregory, two guys weaseling their way through the apocalypse. It's kind of refreshing to see a few people like that actually. I'd have to imagine that most people wouldn't be so loyal to their group that they'd march face first into Lucille.

Edited by shrader

It's the exact opposite with him. He's a coward and he'll go along with whatever keeps him alive. He's exactly like Gregory, two guys weaseling their way through the apocalypse. It's kind of refreshing to see a few people like that actually. I'd have to imagine that most people wouldn't be so loyal to their group that they'd march face first into Lucille.

I tend to agree with you. Eugene's likeable enough, but he's going to glom onto whoever is most likely to keep him alive. I imagine that he's pretty good at justifying that in his mind, too.

I tend to agree with you. Eugene's likeable enough, but he's going to glom onto whoever is most likely to keep him alive. I imagine that he's pretty good at justifying that in his mind, too.

There's really not that much needed to justify it here either. They're treating him really well and feeding him while there is no food left in Alexandria. The only person left who he had real close ties to is Rosita and she's treating him like garbage. Abe did the same right before he died. He has no ties left to anyone.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

This show is terrible, I gave up after the whole Terminus thing. Just a really slow developing boring show. It's popularity is a fad.

There's really not that much needed to justify it here either. They're treating him really well and feeding him while there is no food left in Alexandria. The only person left who he had real close ties to is Rosita and she's treating him like garbage. Abe did the same right before he died. He has no ties left to anyone.

You're right. Rosita has been treating just about everyone like garbage though, but the overall effect on Eugene has left him acting like a lost, frightened puppy. It makes me wonder how far his loyalty to Neegan will go once the inevitable battle begins.

He's not so much an opportunist as he is a liar. He's made it through the entire zombie apocalypse by lying. And he's really good at it. But at the same time, he has shown loyalty, creativity, and some measure of courage (saving people's lives taking a fire hose to zombies, the fight at the railroad tracks, participating in the admittedly narratively ludicrous counter-zombie attack at Alexandria, driving the RV alone in an attempt to distract the Saviors so the group could get Maggie to the Hilltop.) He's not just a cowardly weasel. He also takes a long view - he recognizes that getting rid of Negan isn't just "kill Negan." There's repercussions that have to be considered, success or fail, and a larger, more coherent plan is better even if it takes more time. It's why he tries to convince Rosita to not shoot Negan so precipitously, and why he refuses to give the poisoned pills to Negan's wives.

The most telling scene was the last one. After an episode reinforcing the "I'm Negan" trope, Dwight and Eugene exchange their real names, and are cautiously circling each other, each unsure how much the other really "is Negan." In an episode where everyone was lying and everyone seems to know everyone else is lying, it was a telling scene to end on, where the two main characters of the episode are wondering how much of each others' lies are true.

Spot on DC. Eugene is definitely an opportunist, but I believe that his loyalty still rests with the Alexandria crew. Love that he stays true to his geek persona. Three hot chicks in his room and he continues to play his video games without getting his mullet spiked into a mohegan....

When the time comes, Alexandria and Grimey will be able to count on Eugene. He genuinely likes Rick, where he despises Negan.

But he doesn't really have any reason to think he'll be seeing any of the Alexandria people any time soon, if ever again. He might have some loyalty to Rick, but at this very moment, all he can be thinking about is making ends meet in his new home.

Last night's show was just kind of there, nothing much to talk about really. It was kind of fun to see them slice through so many walkers for the first time in ages, but that's about it. It looks like next week is where we will start to get some action.

Last night's episode was interesting from a details point of view for me.

I find it odd the show dwells on the alleged lack of weapons but gasoline and diesel - apparently in abundance years after the last refinery cranked out a gallon - is so available that the Saviors are driving 2.5 tons and pickups and Alexandria is driving 80s vans and Suburbans.

Edited by dpberr