Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

Last night's episode was interesting from a details point of view for me.

I find it odd the show dwells on the alleged lack of weapons but gasoline and diesel - apparently in abundance years after the last refinery cranked out a gallon - is so available that the Saviors are driving 2.5 tons and pickups and Alexandria is driving 80s vans and Suburbans.

I think the weapons thing is far more understandable to the average viewer than the gas thing is. That and things get boring pretty fast if they aren't able to drive around. It's one of those things you just have to accept in order to keep the story moving.

To the people complaining that the story is moving too slowly......when it comes to last night'sepisode, I have to agree.

You mean you dont enjoy watching Rick and Mishonne make love?

Last night's episode was interesting from a details point of view for me.

I find it odd the show dwells on the alleged lack of weapons but gasoline and diesel - apparently in abundance years after the last refinery cranked out a gallon - is so available that the Saviors are driving 2.5 tons and pickups and Alexandria is driving 80s vans and Suburbans.

I gotta think they are siphoning gas. Thats my assumption, at least. Alotta cars sitting dead on the road, y'know?

You mean you dont enjoy watching Rick and Mishonne make love?

They could have done this episode in 20 min. I agree that seeing a few walkers again was cool. The Rick/Michonne story is cool but that whole part of the episode built to a 1 min conversation about fears of losing each other and Rick's guilt over Glenn. That part was fine but they didn't need the whole show to get there. Similarly but to a lesser extent the Rosita part got drawn out.

Knowing Rick for 7 seasons does anyone really think he would trust the weirdo freaks in the junkyard? He needs to find different people than that.

Riddle me this:

Early in the apocalypse some serious stuff goes down at the town fair and the military was brought in to help and everything goes south. They have time to get in cases and cases of MREs into a warehouse while the Stojan is hitting the fan. They are patrolling around well armed and everyone gets turned.

Ok I can buy this a little tiny bit but why:

1. Do a few soldiers still have their guns on their shoulders? They didn't think of maybe shooting?

and, more importantly:

2. Why is that lady still in the ticket booth? Did she really think she was going to sell a few more bucks worth of tilt-a-whirl rides?

Kirkman gave the show a lot of great source material but when they have to do something not directly from the book, Gimple wrecks it. This junkyard group that can barely speak English? The friggin ticket lady didn't run away?

They could have done this episode in 20 min. I agree that seeing a few walkers again was cool. The Rick/Michonne story is cool but that whole part of the episode built to a 1 min conversation about fears of losing each other and Rick's guilt over Glenn. That part was fine but they didn't need the whole show to get there. Similarly but to a lesser extent the Rosita part got drawn out.

Knowing Rick for 7 seasons does anyone really think he would trust the weirdo freaks in the junkyard? He needs to find different people than that.

Riddle me this:

Early in the apocalypse some serious stuff goes down at the town fair and the military was brought in to help and everything goes south. They have time to get in cases and cases of MREs into a warehouse while the Stojan is hitting the fan. They are patrolling around well armed and everyone gets turned.

1. Do a few soldiers still have their guns on their shoulders? They didn't think of maybe shooting?

and, more importantly:

2. Why is that lady still in the ticket booth? Did she really think she was going to sell a few more bucks worth of tilt-a-whirl rides?

Kirkman gave the show a lot of great source material but when they have to do something not directly from the book, Gimple wrecks it. This junkyard group that can barely speak English? The friggin ticket lady didn't run away?

Ok, i agree that this season is slow moving on the action, maybe the writers have gotten lazy, or, id more like to think that this period in the show is the calm before the storm. You know a big explosive war is coming and i think they are trying to humanize the characters before that happens. For 6 seasons its been nothing but blood and gore, hacking and chopping.

As far as the weirdos, i think they are exactly what Grimey needs. I think he likes them, alot. Rick has been utterly demoralized by Negan, and is desperate. So as weird as they are. They have numbers, and they didnt kill him or lock him in a box, thats a plus. They are allies.

Dont forget, its been at least four years since the apocalypse, so stuff has changed, drastically. People have weirded out and its total lord of the flies stuff at this point.

The carnival, or whatever it is, the soldiers with the guns on their shoulders? Clearly that camp must have been overrun quickly, those soldiers must have thought they were safe in a platoon, but got jumped and bitten from behind. There really only were 3-4 of them with rifles on their shoulders, so its somewhat explainable, in my eyes. Dont forget the one who was stuck on the pipes, that was firing. He clearly had his finger on the trigger when he was bitten.

I cant wait to see them kill that insane bastard Negan. My only question is who is going to be the one to put a bullet in his heart. My early feeling is Coral.

Riddle me this:

and, more importantly:

And even when they do something from the comics, Gimple wrecks it (last season's idiotic "cliffhanger.")

Gimple, quite simply, is a halfwit.

And even when they do something from the comics, Gimple wrecks it (last season's idiotic "cliffhanger.")

Gimple, quite simply, is a halfwit.

Typically they dont give Executive Producer of award winning show jobs to halfwits, but ok, hotshot....

Ok, i agree that this season is slow moving on the action, maybe the writers have gotten lazy, or, id more like to think that this period in the show is the calm before the storm. You know a big explosive war is coming and i think they are trying to humanize the characters before that happens. For 6 seasons its been nothing but blood and gore, hacking and chopping.

As far as the weirdos, i think they are exactly what Grimey needs. I think he likes them, alot. Rick has been utterly demoralized by Negan, and is desperate. So as weird as they are. They have numbers, and they didnt kill him or lock him in a box, thats a plus. They are allies.

Dont forget, its been at least four years since the apocalypse, so stuff has changed, drastically. People have weirded out and its total lord of the flies stuff at this point.

The carnival, or whatever it is, the soldiers with the guns on their shoulders? Clearly that camp must have been overrun quickly, those soldiers must have thought they were safe in a platoon, but got jumped and bitten from behind. There really only were 3-4 of them with rifles on their shoulders, so its somewhat explainable, in my eyes. Dont forget the one who was stuck on the pipes, that was firing. He clearly had his finger on the trigger when he was bitten.

I cant wait to see them kill that insane bastard Negan. My only question is who is going to be the one to put a bullet in his heart. My early feeling is Coral.

In general I have liked this season more than most. Last night's episode though....ugh

Sorry but they rolled in cases and cases of MREs, and had soldiers in position but some lady is still selling friggin tickets to the rides? Jesus.

Edited by 4merper4mer

In general I have liked this season more than most. Last night's episode though....ugh

Sorry but they rolled in cases and case or MREs, and had soldiers in position but some lady is still selling friggin tickets to the rides? Jesus.

You know how those carneys are! 😂Its not a job to them, its a way of life!

Sorry but they rolled in cases and case or MREs, and had soldiers in position but some lady is still selling friggin tickets to the rides? Jesus.

Or she was bitten and closed herself in the booth thinking she'd be somewhat safe temporarily, but turned shortly after...

Edited by ricojes

He actually didn't have his finger on the trigger. His weapon got stuck in the rebar as he was walking towards them causing the weapon to fire. They talked about it in the Talking Dead aftershow. Also if they stick at all with the comics, Negan won't be killed. I won't spoil what happens but he won't be killed.

He actually didn't have his finger on the trigger. His weapon got stuck in the rebar as he was walking towards them causing the weapon to fire. They talked about it in the Talking Dead aftershow.

That and even if he was pulling the trigger when he was killed, the walkers can move their hands. He would have long since let go of trigger. But if by some chance he never let go of the trigger, the gun would have been out of bullets ages ago.

Sorry but they rolled in cases and cases of MREs, and had soldiers in position but some lady is still selling friggin tickets to the rides? Jesus.

I was really hoping to see a walker walking around carrying a baggie with the skeleton of a goldfish inside. :)

I wanted to see a zombie clown.

I have a feeling that when Sasha and Rosita go after Negan, Eugene will do something to save him. I think he really embraces his new environment, and in the long term wants to replace Negan as the leader.

I expect that Sasha will be killed given the actress is going to play a lead character in the new Star Trek tv series.

I have a feeling that when Sasha and Rosita go after Negan, Eugene will do something to save him. I think he really embraces his new environment, and in the long term wants to replace Negan as the leader.

Now there's a funny thought, Eugene as a leader. That place would fall so quickly. He's smart, but that's best served in a support role.