Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

I wanted to see a zombie clown.

I have a feeling that when Sasha and Rosita go after Negan, Eugene will do something to save him. I think he really embraces his new environment, and in the long term wants to replace Negan as the leader.

I expect that Sasha will be killed given the actress is going to play a lead character in the new Star Trek tv series.

I don't think Eugene is saving Negan but it would be interesting. He couldn't be the leader for more than 30 seconds before he got killed and he knows that. He may envision being a top tier Negan deputy or he could be playing Negan because of Abe. We'll find out at some point.

Reaction to your spoiler:

Although I'd rather have Sasha survive because she is one of the best actors on the show IMO, I think you are right and your logic behind that is also correct

Other Spoiler:

I do know that Eugene plays a pretty big and important role in the comic book in story lines that have yet to play out on TV. He is a good guy in those story lines. What is happening to him on TV never happened in the book so who knows where it is going. My gut says he'll flip back to Alexandria at some point, probably not soon, but whether it is because he is playing Negan or he just flips back when power shifts, I can't guess. If I had to guess it would be that he is playing Negan but it is a long term play

They could have done this episode in 20 min. I agree that seeing a few walkers again was cool. The Rick/Michonne story is cool but that whole part of the episode built to a 1 min conversation about fears of losing each other and Rick's guilt over Glenn. That part was fine but they didn't need the whole show to get there. Similarly but to a lesser extent the Rosita part got drawn out.

Knowing Rick for 7 seasons does anyone really think he would trust the weirdo freaks in the junkyard? He needs to find different people than that.

Riddle me this:

Early in the apocalypse some serious stuff goes down at the town fair and the military was brought in to help and everything goes south. They have time to get in cases and cases of MREs into a warehouse while the Stojan is hitting the fan. They are patrolling around well armed and everyone gets turned.

Ok I can buy this a little tiny bit but why:

1. Do a few soldiers still have their guns on their shoulders? They didn't think of maybe shooting?

and, more importantly:

2. Why is that lady still in the ticket booth? Did she really think she was going to sell a few more bucks worth of tilt-a-whirl rides?

Kirkman gave the show a lot of great source material but when they have to do something not directly from the book, Gimple wrecks it. This junkyard group that can barely speak English? The friggin ticket lady didn't run away?

You're 100% spot on this week. It was a crappy episode but for about 10 minutes of action.

I wanted to see a zombie clown.

I have a feeling that when Sasha and Rosita go after Negan, Eugene will do something to save him. I think he really embraces his new environment, and in the long term wants to replace Negan as the leader.

I expect that Sasha will be killed given the actress is going to play a lead character in the new Star Trek tv series.

And

The actress playing Rosita is pregnant; it's rumored she might be leaving the show, too.

However, since the season was filmed before either of those was announced, I wouldn't count on it.

I think Eugene might do something to save Negan if the situation arises...but not out of some sort of loyalty to him. Rather, because he believes it isn't the opportune moment.

And

The actress playing Rosita is pregnant; it's rumored she might be leaving the show, too.

But then again Tara is still around well after her pregnancy... actually playing a key role too.

He's not so much an opportunist as he is a liar. He's made it through the entire zombie apocalypse by lying. And he's really good at it. But at the same time, he has shown loyalty, creativity, and some measure of courage (saving people's lives taking a fire hose to zombies, the fight at the railroad tracks, participating in the admittedly narratively ludicrous counter-zombie attack at Alexandria, driving the RV alone in an attempt to distract the Saviors so the group could get Maggie to the Hilltop.) He's not just a cowardly weasel. He also takes a long view - he recognizes that getting rid of Negan isn't just "kill Negan." There's repercussions that have to be considered, success or fail, and a larger, more coherent plan is better even if it takes more time. It's why he tries to convince Rosita to not shoot Negan so precipitously, and why he refuses to give the poisoned pills to Negan's wives.

The most telling scene was the last one. After an episode reinforcing the "I'm Negan" trope, Dwight and Eugene exchange their real names, and are cautiously circling each other, each unsure how much the other really "is Negan." In an episode where everyone was lying and everyone seems to know everyone else is lying, it was a telling scene to end on, where the two main characters of the episode are wondering how much of each others' lies are true.

You identify with Eugene, don't you?

Last night's episode was interesting from a details point of view for me.

I find it odd the show dwells on the alleged lack of weapons but gasoline and diesel - apparently in abundance years after the last refinery cranked out a gallon - is so available that the Saviors are driving 2.5 tons and pickups and Alexandria is driving 80s vans and Suburbans.

I honestly think they've just decided to say screw any kind of realism at relates to fuel. As someone else said, if they cut out vehicles the show wouldn't be able to keep going.

Correct. I recall seeing thickets.

They just stayed there for two years. It never rained on them or they were not harmed in any way.

Gimple is terrible. Anything not in lock step with the comic turns out to be painful to watch. That Mork from Ork lady at the junkyard may be the worst.

They just stayed there for two years. It never rained on them or they were not harmed in any way.

Gimple is terrible. Anything not in lock step with the comic turns out to be painful to watch. That Mork from Ork lady at the junkyard may be the worst.

Agreed. The Scavangers are a reach.

Good show, wrong people get killed. The Tree and the road sign ... very bad scene. No Zing. A wet noodle could have done the same damage.

Mad Morgan returns. Carol = Joan of Arc for the kingdom?

I really enjoyed this episode, by far the best of this half season in my opinion. Richard willing to sacrifice himself for the greater cause should have worked, actually it is going to work, but not the way it was planned. Love how Morgan used Richard's dialogue to the Saviors, makes you wonder if that was planned. Carol is finally back and pissed. Next week should be Oceanside and then war is coming...

And to the ticket booth apologists....watch the episode again. There are literally tickets hanging out of the booth like the lady just sold them.

You're such a dick. All is stated was there could be other possibilities and it turns out it might just be the directors having a little fun with a tribute to creepshow...

creepshow.jpg?w=2700

I really enjoyed this episode, by far the best of this half season in my opinion. Richard willing to sacrifice himself for the greater cause should have worked, actually it is going to work, but not the way it was planned. Love how Morgan used Richard's dialogue to the Saviors, makes you wonder if that was planned. Carol is finally back and pissed. Next week should be Oceanside and then war is coming...

I can't wait to see what psycho Morgan decided to do. Is he heading straight to the Sanctuary? Is he just going to pick off random Saviors guerrilla style? Or does he go boring and head back to Alexandria? I'm hoping for the middle option. Was he at Carol's house still when he was sharpening the staff?

As for next week, the Kingdom was just pushed over the edge. It's looking like next week it'll be the same with the Hilltop. With three episodes left, that probably leaves the following one as Oceanside and then the finale has the start of the war.