Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

You're such a dick. All is stated was there could be other possibilities and it turns out it might just be the directors having a little fun with a tribute to creepshow...

Whatever I guess, but it wasn't just the booth that made no sense. The whole set was dumb. I made a comment that whatever Gimple does that wasn't in the book ends up bad, but he wrote last night's episode and most of that wasn't in the book, so credit where it is due....that was a good episode. I didn't like the road sign walker kills...sort of dumb...but whatever.

Lennie James is great and so is Melissa McBride.

I can't wait to see what psycho Morgan decided to do. Is he heading straight to the Sanctuary? Is he just going to pick off random Saviors guerrilla style? Or does he go boring and head back to Alexandria? I'm hoping for the middle option. Was he at Carol's house still when he was sharpening the staff?

As for next week, the Kingdom was just pushed over the edge. It's looking like next week it'll be the same with the Hilltop. With three episodes left, that probably leaves the following one as Oceanside and then the finale has the start of the war.

I don't know what Morgan will do, but yes, he was at Carol's house.

I can't wait to see what psycho Morgan decided to do. Is he heading straight to the Sanctuary? Is he just going to pick off random Saviors guerrilla style? Or does he go boring and head back to Alexandria? I'm hoping for the middle option. Was he at Carol's house still when he was sharpening the staff?

As for next week, the Kingdom was just pushed over the edge. It's looking like next week it'll be the same with the Hilltop. With three episodes left, that probably leaves the following one as Oceanside and then the finale has the start of the war.

in next weeks clip it "appears" that Sasha has Negan in hers sites. If she takes the shot and gets caught or recognized, that would be the beginning of the war.

I still see Hawkins (his character in Jericho) when I see Lennie James in anything.

You know the relatively calm, level headed Savior is going to be the first to die.

And that's a shame too because he's probably the only likeable Savior. He seems like the type that could be redeemed once Rick and co. eventually win. I wish we'd see a little more of that "decent guy doing what he has to in order to live" kind of thing from a few more of them. It's definitely better than his d-bag underling and Simon going after the Hilltop.They can't all be evil caricatures. I guess we may have seen it right before Fat Joey died, but that felt like a last second act to save his life.

Of all the Saviors we've met so far, Gavin seems to be the most level-headed, rational thinking one of the bunch. I loved him making the guy with the Mack Truck Mudflaps walk back to the compound because Gavin clearly wanted to kill him!

The pacing of this show was a little slow for me, but I can see the plot finally moving forward again and that's good. Scott Gimple had his fingerprints all over this episode again though. As stated earlier, when he strays from the source material, he seems to get a little ham-fisted with scenes. The trip to deliver ONE melon was either a power-play on the Saviors part or, just lazy writing on Gimp's part.

Dollars to donuts Mudflaps is going to be one of the first non-walkers that sees the business end of Morgster's former-bow-staff-turned-spear.

LOVED Jericho. Definitely a show that ended too soon.

Agreed. Jericho fell victim to a weak knee network that loves it's storytelling as vanilla as possible. False flag attacks, nuclear weapons, civil war was way above the pay grade of CBS executives in those early days post 9/11.

I think the scene with the melon would have been more effective if the Saviors hadn't shown up to collect it after all.

The cost of the war will be high for the Saviors. To drive home the cost, I'm sure the show will mow down all the "decent" Saviors first.

Edited by dpberr

Of all the Saviors we've met so far, Gavin seems to be the most level-headed, rational thinking one of the bunch. I loved him making the guy with the Mack Truck Mudflaps walk back to the compound because Gavin clearly wanted to kill him!

Maybe we give the guy a little too much credit though. He probably shouldn't have had him there at all given all the past interactions with Richard. I guess it could just be a numbers issue and those are the only people around who actually make that supply run.

The pacing of this show was a little slow for me, but I can see the plot finally moving forward again and that's good. Scott Gimple had his fingerprints all over this episode again though. As stated earlier, when he strays from the source material, he seems to get a little ham-fisted with scenes. The trip to deliver ONE melon was either a power-play on the Saviors part or, just lazy writing on Gimp's part.

Maybe I'm making things up in my mind, but I feel like something very similar happened at a previous supply drop this season, whether it was the Kingdom or the Hilltop. That line about "bring exactly this amount" felt very familiar.

Dollars to donuts Mudflaps is going to be one of the first non-walkers that sees the business end of Morgster's former-bow-staff-turned-spear.

I don't mind the stuff that moves gradually for the most part. Last week was an exception. I did not like that one.

This week I really enjoyed. The one melon thing was the Saviors emphasizing their point. Showing who is boss.....

Personally I give Gimple some credit for this episode...I liked it a lot. That said, I'm sure writing for McBride and James, has to make that a little easier. They are both great. I find him to be just the best. Zeke ain't too bad either. The dude playing Richard did a solid job and Ben did as well.

I don't mind the stuff that moves gradually for the most part. Last week was an exception. I did not like that one.

This week I really enjoyed. The one melon thing was the Saviors emphasizing their point. Showing who is boss.....

Personally I give Gimple some credit for this episode...I liked it a lot. That said, I'm sure writing for McBride and James, has to make that a little easier. They are both great. I find him to be just the best. Zeke ain't too bad either. The dude playing Richard did a solid job and Ben did as well.

Even the throwaway part with the woman updating Ezekiel on his royal garden was great. They added in one very brief moment of humor and it worked perfectly.

And that's a shame too because he's probably the only likeable Savior. He seems like the type that could be redeemed once Rick and co. eventually win. I wish we'd see a little more of that "decent guy doing what he has to in order to live" kind of thing from a few more of them. It's definitely better than his d-bag underling and Simon going after the Hilltop.They can't all be evil caricatures. I guess we may have seen it right before Fat Joey died, but that felt like a last second act to save his life.

Imagine if Negan had met Joe from the "claimed" group.

What I think and would like to see .... Any Savior who participated on the supply runs gets beaten badly. The only good Savior are the slaves at the main compound.

The whole Carol/Morgan thing is just such a great part of the show IMO. It will probably end up having a big impact on the story line even though it has been mostly been between them so far.

Their views were far apart and she simply dismissed him as a misguided idiot at first but as their story progressed, she couldn't take the weight of her own choices, wanted an easy way out and he just kept coming for her seeing all the value in life. She got annoyed with him but part of her knew he was right and the talk with Zeke about staying at that house kept her close enough.

Now he seems ready to sacrifice himself and she held him back. I think her perspective is totally different than the killing machine Carol or the hermit Carol....and she knows Morgan is the one to thank.

They are both exceptional actors IMO. When he went to her door at the end of the episode, and she looked at him before he even said a word, she conveyed that she knew she was about to be told something bad in such a cool way. He has such great body language and emotional range. I love the times when he has given those mini-speeches like right after he killed Richard and he mentions Duane and has to regain his composure or from the old episode when he describes Duane's death. Overall I consider this a fun show, but these two are for real actors. I like some of the others for sure, but these two are tops for me.....Zeke's actor is doing a nice job too.

The whole Carol/Morgan thing is just such a great part of the show IMO. It will probably end up having a big impact on the story line even though it has been mostly been between them so far.

Their views were far apart and she simply dismissed him as a misguided idiot at first but as their story progressed, she couldn't take the weight of her own choices, wanted an easy way out and he just kept coming for her seeing all the value in life. She got annoyed with him but part of her knew he was right and the talk with Zeke about staying at that house kept her close enough.

Now he seems ready to sacrifice himself and she held him back. I think her perspective is totally different than the killing machine Carol or the hermit Carol....and she knows Morgan is the one to thank.

They are both exceptional actors IMO. When he went to her door at the end of the episode, and she looked at him before he even said a word, she conveyed that she knew she was about to be told something bad in such a cool way. He has such great body language and emotional range. I love the times when he has given those mini-speeches like right after he killed Richard and he mentions Duane and has to regain his composure or from the old episode when he describes Duane's death. Overall I consider this a fun show, but these two are for real actors. I like some of the others for sure, but these two are tops for me.....Zeke's actor is doing a nice job too.

Did she hold him back or offer a temporarily refuge until he could think out his plans?

Yes. This 100%.

What I think and would like to see .... Any Savior who participated on the supply runs gets beaten badly. The only good Savior are the slaves at the main compound.

I think that's the way you have to start to take them down. The supply team for the Kingdom would be easy to ambush as it's a bit smaller. Negan doesn't trust Rick, so that's a larger group. The question is, do they do pickup runs at the same time? If so, they could really put a hurting on them by ambushing both when out. Although from the looks of the previews, things may come to head quicker after they raid the Hilltop.

Watched last night; this show sucks.

If you believe the latter, then don't do the former...

Edited by ricojes

I think that's the way you have to start to take them down. The supply team for the Kingdom would be easy to ambush as it's a bit smaller. Negan doesn't trust Rick, so that's a larger group. The question is, do they do pickup runs at the same time? If so, they could really put a hurting on them by ambushing both when out. Although from the looks of the previews, things may come to head quicker after they raid the Hilltop.

For whatever reason, I've had the impression that they have a series of those satellite bases and that's where they base the runs from. I'm sure it's just a cost saving method since they film at multiple locations, but I don't remember ever seeing any of those Kingdom-run guys at the Sanctuary. Also, I feel like it's been the same with Simon (leads the runs to the Hilltop). They may have even mentioned it on the show at some point.