Fitz Out, Geno In

The Big Cat

If I'm Bowles, I'm planning to be there next season, which means that I want to throw Geno to the wolves now while I get the other 2 more practice reps. I have 2 more years of Petty and 3 more of Hackenberg before I have to make a decision on them, but only 10 weeks of Geno.

Bingo. This way if Geno sucks, they move on at the end of the year... or if he's figured out the game, they might try to keep him. They have time on the other guys, no need to throw them in when they aren't ready.

Edited by Dorkington

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

San Fran and Miami at home. I think they will lose at Cleveland to a Browns team that finishes 1-15.

I heard a clip from the Jim Rome show yesterday saying if this was HS, the Browns would schedule the Jets as their homecoming game because it's probably the only one they will win.

Looks like Fitz's game vs Buffalo will be his last Great game of his career. He really balled out that game, but man the Bills DB's played so far back and the Jets WRs caught everything that night. In hindsight it's a terrible loss and an important AFC loss.

Looks like Fitz's game vs Buffalo will be his last Great game of his career. He really balled out that game, but man the Bills DB's played so far back and the Jets WRs caught everything that night. In hindsight it's a terrible loss and an important AFC loss.

And likely saved our season.

Get to 10-6 and I sincerely doubt it will matter with regard to playoff qualification.

Losing Decker can't be underrated. It allowed defenses to key on Marshall and load the box on their run game. The Jets have zero depth, Enunwa looked good when he was their 3rd target and defacto TE, but he isn't talented enough to be a #2 and Robbie Anderson / Jalin Marshall / Cheorone Peak are all very young and none of them are anything special.

Fitz is likely done in the league, no one will pay him what he thinks he deserves and he's likely not going to carry a clipboard for peanuts. They need to give Geno a good long look to make sure they should move on as he's a FA after this year. For all their draft picks and money spent on QBs, they could be taking one very early next spring.

If they are moving away from Fitz there is absolutely no reason to start Geno instead of Petty. Bowles has lost his mind, and will soon lose his team.

He has already lost this team if you watched them "play" Monday night. I guess he is not quite the coaching genius he has been made out to be.

Per Schefter:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/788755357652877312

Jets plan to name Geno Smith their new starting QB today, per league sources. es.pn/2ekADp2

Fitz remains the QB teams "move on from, then do a wholly inadequate job of replacing". I predict 2 games of Geno, maybe 1 game or part of a game of another QB then back to Fitz.

Posted Today, 11:05 AM

sullim4, on 19 Oct 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:snapback.png

That team is a walking disaster area... how did we lose to them in week 2?

Fitz condensed 16 games worth of energy into that game. And his receivers made some nice plays.

Biggest factor was that the Jets WRs were allowed to get away with pushing off the entire game!

....... and NO, I would NOT want Fitz back as a back-up over EJ.