Fitz Out, Geno In

The Big Cat

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we know.

Eh, I'm of the opinion that Geno, much like EJ, was pushed into the fire too soon, in too hectic of a situation. They are both physically capable, but need(ed) a few years of solid development to see what they are actually capable of in the NFL. I still think both can be productive in the right situations, and we'll certainly find out in Geno's case. He's got some solid weapons, and a decent play designer. I hope for our sakes he continues to be relatively bad. :P

At least now they have a use for Devin Smith who they took at the top of the second round in 2015. He's a deep threat only and Fitz can't throw over 30 yards anymore. And he's coming off of PUP this week.

It doesn't make sense though at 1-5. He's a FA at end of year and the fan base hates him. He can't wait to leave. They should play one of the young QBs they drafted in the 2nd and 4th the last 2 years at this point.

At least now they have a use for Devin Smith who they took at the top of the second round in 2015. He's a deep threat only and Fitz can't throw over 30 yards anymore. And he's coming off of PUP this week.

It doesn't make sense though at 1-5. He's a FA at end of year and the fan base hates him. He can't wait to leave. They should play one of the young QBs they drafted in the 2nd and 4th the last 2 years at this point.

If I'm Bowles, I'm planning to be there next season, which means that I want to throw Geno to the wolves now while I get the other 2 more practice reps. I have 2 more years of Petty and 3 more of Hackenberg before I have to make a decision on them, but only 10 weeks of Geno.

You're right. Chances are very slim that Geno lights it up, goes on a wild win streak, and then re-signs with the Jets. They can't start Hackinsack. The only move is to start Petty and see what you got in him. You know Fitz isn't coming back. You know Geno isn't coming back. You know Hack is not going to be ready even next year. You have to sign a vet starter unless for some reason Petty suprises everyone. Might as well give him a shot.

Billy Mack was a detective down in Texas ....

igotthatreference.png

Fitz condensed 16 games worth of energy into that game. And his receivers made some nice plays.

yep. his yin and yang have always been perfectly aligned. We got the yin. The yang has played out in the four games since.

So 36 hours ago Bowles said Fitz was the starter going forward. What changed? Was the film that much worse?

Decker is out for the season. Galley and Bowles probably had their second in as many days players only talk about the situation and Brandon Marshall said two completely different things, first fully supporting Fitz and second fully supporting Geno.

FWIW, I love Fitz as a backup. Great teammate and plays with passion.

I love Fitz as a fellow bearded American that I'd like to have a beer with. He might play with passion, but too often he loses with passion...

I retract my prediction of 6-10. Geno is a terrible decision maker, one of the worst as a Quarterback I have witnessed in my time watching the game.

The Jets go 3-13.

They're 1-5. What 2 teams do you think they have a chance of beating?

Suck for ?????? (They need a lot not just QB)

There doesn't appear to be any great QB coming out next year.

What difference does that move make? They both blow.

Tells you just how really bad Petty and Hack are.

If I'm Bowles, I'm planning to be there next season, which means that I want to throw Geno to the wolves now while I get the other 2 more practice reps. I have 2 more years of Petty and 3 more of Hackenberg before I have to make a decision on them, but only 10 weeks of Geno.

To be completely honest, I hope this is how it works out. I like Bowles and would like to see him get a fair shot at this.

I can't fathom how Bowles could come to the decision to start Geno Smith. He's pretty much a known commodity at this point and isn't going to win you games. The season is basically a wash at this point. The chances of making the playoffs after you start 1-5 are dismal. Less than 1% of the time it happens. Even if by some miracle it did happen, they're not talented enough to make a deep playoff run. To start Smith now over Petty or Hackenberg makes no sense. Why not them to see what you have in your young QB's? If either turn out or appear to start to develop, you're in good shape. If they don't, they can completely reboot at QB next year. Baffling is the understatement of the day.