Column: "Pats have clear road to Super Bowl"

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20161018/SPORTS16/161019260/1003/sports

Mike Shalin @Mscotshay
Mike Shalin's Working Press: Pats have a clear path to Super Bowl | New Hampshire #PatriotsNation
Whether or not Brady knew about the surgery is unclear, but you’d have to think there’s no way Roethlisberger plays this week — giving the Patriots another easy step before heading into Buffalo to play the suddenly interesting Bills.

It’s just hard to imagine any of these pretenders standing in the way of the Patriots, who are coming off great back-to-back performances.

Yup, impressive wins over the 0-6 Browns and and 2-4 Bengals. Start sizing up those rings. Any way we can forward this to Rex for some locker room billboard material?

Hours before Sunday’s game against another pushover opponent, it crossed my mind that the Patriots may well have a free pass to the Super Bowl.

In other words, the AFC stinks.
With a 5-1 record after Sunday’s win, the Pats have the best mark in the watered-down conference. There were five other teams — the Steelers, Texans (remember how good THEY looked at Gillette), Raiders, Bills (surprise!) and Broncos, at 4-2.
Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably true, but great bulletin board material nonetheless. Not only for the Bills, who want nothing more than to beat them at home, but Denver and Pitt as well. Pitt doesn't have a great defense but they are pretty dirty especially if Shazier plays. Denver will come after them with everything they have and pretty sure it's on the road and they have the dirtiest defense in the league IMO.

Probably true, but great bulletin board material nonetheless. Not only for the Bills, who want nothing more than to beat them at home, but Denver and Pitt as well. Pitt doesn't have a great defense but they are pretty dirty especially if Shazier plays. Denver will come after them with everything they have and pretty sure it's on the road and they have the dirtiest defense in the league IMO.

Any defense with TJ Ward is the dirtiest D in the league. :censored: that guy!

Maybe not a clear road but you have to like their chances over everyone else

Watching Brady highlights this past weekend. There just seems no way a 39 yo guy should be able to throw the way he does..................at least not without some help if you know what I mean. Look at guys like Kelly and Marino were toast at 34.

Watching Brady highlights this past weekend. There just seems no way a 39 yo guy should be able to throw the way he does..................at least not without some help if you know what I mean. Look at guys like Kelly and Marino were toast at 34.

he does so much to prolong his career its ridiculous

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20161018/SPORTS16/161019260/1003/sports

Yup, impressive wins over the 0-6 Browns and and 2-4 Bengals. Start sizing up those rings. Any way we can forward this to Rex for some locker room billboard material?

The week before the Bills game, a writer at SI.com wrote an article that the Patriots path to the perfect season was now clear.

Found the article here.

After three weeks, the NFL appears log-jammed with contenders. Carson Wentz is unequivocally the real deal, and the Eagles boast one of the league’s most potent group of run-cloggers. The Broncos defense hasn’t skipped a beat from last year, and Trevor Siemian has only reinforced the “trust in Elway” mantra. The Vikings defense may be the best in football, while the Seahawks are always a postseason threat. The Giants, Packers and Panthers can easily ride of streak of offensive prowess any time. But none of these teams have a chance because the Patriots are riding a wave that can’t be game-planned for—destiny.

The Patriots’ perfect season will continue in one of two ways.

Or not.

HGH or something similar ahead of the testing curve, without a doubt.

Kinda why it's so darn important for the Bills to crush the Patriots in two weeks at new era! They could take the division and themselves have a clear road. On any given Sunday...

Just as long as the Bills don't look past their next target like the Steelers did and lose big!

Unfortunately Brady isn't Cam Newton. Anything close to helmet to helmet, and they will get flagged. Can't hit Marcia, no no, can't have that. I'd like to see Brady stand tall after taking 4 egregious shots to the dome.

The article isn't wrong. The AFC does stink.

The Pats* do have the most credibility with their QB and HC. Lets look at the rest of the AFC usual suspects

Simien looks ok. Do you really think he could beat the Pats* straight up in Foxboro? I don't. At home, maybe

Texans are hot and cold

Bengals are 2-4

Steelers are hot and cold

Ravens? John Harbaugh is my surprise fire this year

Titans - Mularkey - enough said

Jets are regretting signing Fitzy

Miami? Not until Tallywacker is cut

Chiefs? Solid roster but no firepower

Raiders - That defense would look awful against (insert awful QB here)

The Bills look great. I think their method of winning is sustainable, but we need to keep proving it it be taken seriously

The guy didn't have this arm 10-15 years ago. He's either a miracle or he's getting some help.