Shaq Lawson is eligible this week. Our number one pick!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With good size (6'3" 270) and speed (4.64) I can't wait to see if Lawson can generate some additional pressure on the QB and potentially help by dropping into coverage and stick with TE's like Gronkowski that always give the Bills trouble.

he was really good in coverage in college (and loved it)

The Bills D last year stunk. It was no surprise they went heavy on D in the draft, and considering the injuries to 1 and 2 it was good they went D on 3 as well. I think part of the improvement is due to the coaching and the players being on the same page this year, and the Ryan system making stars out of LBs and DEs.

Still, if you had been asked before the season to pick the two Bills defenders who were likely to have a shot at the Pro Bowl, would you have picked Zach Brown and Lorax? Not Dareus, not Gilmore, not Kyle Williams, not Darby...?

Considering some of the moves that have turned out golden (TT, Shady, Incognito, ZB, Lorax) maybe it's time to see our FO is doing OK. More to the point, that our pro scouting team is doing great. Now if we could just draft college players with as much accuracy as we pick up pros...

I think they're adjusting a bit more to the current NFL. We like to come out in 46 - but we play a majority of the game in a nickel. We rotate different linemen in, put lorax in on passing downs. Occasionally go heavy with 4 big boys. And we're blitzing a lot less and creating coverage sacks.

There was a rookie draft pick called Cornelius Bennett whom the Bills traded for on Halloween day, 1987. Hadn't played a single snap in the NFL up to that point, but signed a contract and played immediately after the trade. Made huge impact in his first game in a Bills uniform and continued to play at a high level. We don' need no stinkin' trainin' camp! Who knows? Lawson may take time to get oriented, or he may just jump in and make his presence felt right away.

Point taken. I was at that game....and Biscuit and Bruce had Elway's head on a swivel.....a memorable debut for a rookie. They did put Elway on the carpet a few times that day.

Don't expect to see Lawson play much. He has never taken a NFL snap.

Actually, Shaq's never even participated in a real NFL practice. It will take time. Does anyone know whether he's been activated and whether his shoulder is now 100%?

With good size (6'3" 270) and speed (4.64) I can't wait to see if Lawson can generate some additional pressure on the QB and potentially help by dropping into coverage and stick with TE's like Gronkowski that always give the Bills trouble.

I was thinking of Shaq in the very same capacity against NE in a couple of weeks when they have to face the two-headed TE Monster of Gronk and Bennett.

No. Lawson was on the pre-season PUP list. Sammy is on IR. We can bring back one player off IR.

This issue is turning into the new version of Pegula being able to own both an NFL and NHL team. That was a funny theme for a while, especially when newbies got in on it.

It will be fun to see what a talent like Shaq can do and the best part is we are not having to rely on him to make plays. We can bring him along slowly and add another dimension to the defense.

Maybe we see him play a few plays in Miami as a tune up, then be ready for the Pats* the next week.

Don't expect to see Lawson play much. He has never taken a NFL snap. He will probably spot sub Alexander for a while

So many things can effect game plans. You can't say definitively what will happen. Let's just wait and see. I mean, look at the Sabres projected lines 5 days ago... things change quickly.

This issue is turning into the new version of Pegula being able to own both an NFL and NHL team. That was a funny theme for a while, especially when newbies got in on it.

Yeah, at least one person has to ask every time a new thread pops up.

When's the last time he hit someone in an NFL game or played in any kind of organized football game? Exactly! Bring him along very slowly, especially with our D already playing well.

he's a high , first round pick. Why not bring him along quickly? Didn't Bosa have 2 sacks in his first game after missing all camp?