3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

238 yds per game. Lowest in his career I believe (not 100%) and 46 sacks.

Check the others. My point is...we are running team and have NO receivers. We are playing with leads and attempting like 24 passes a game. Hard to throw 300.

No your point was that Tyrod has no WR to throw to and used other QB's who had WR go down to prove your point, which turned out to be wrong.

Dont try to back off of that now.

And Again, if Rodgers was not good with those stats, what was Taylor who's stats were worse?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ Manuel threw for 297 with no Clay or Watkins last year. Obviously, he was really sloppy with the ball but let's not pretend like you can't be productive without Sammy.

A franchise qb should be able to produce without their stars.

Producing like scoring 30 points, throwing for two TDs and no turnovers and winning west coast games on grass against good defenses by double digits? That kind of production? Can't win with that kind of production.

We don't know yet.

Petty is in his 2nd year and hasn't played a down and Hackenberg is a rookie.

I would be surprised if either of them amounted to anything (and amazed if Geno did) but that is because Quarterback evaluation isn't just a numbers game. It comes down to identifying talent.

If the Bills think there is a potential franchise guy there in the 1st or 2nd next year they should go get him - Tyrod or no Tyrod.

No your point was that Tyrod has no WR to throw to and used other QB's who had WR go down to prove your point, which turned out to be wrong.

Dont try to back off of that now.

And Again, if Rodgers was not good with those stats, what was Taylor who's stats were worse?

Give Aaron Rodgers Woods, Glass & Powell. Ryan was horrible without Julio. Same with Eli. And those are elite QBs. Tyrod is not in their class but has their same problems. I would be happy having Salas back. We really have nothing outside.

100% agree.

Again I have no idea why people would be against this.

I would be surprised if either of them amounted to anything (and amazed if Geno did) but that is because Quarterback evaluation isn't just a numbers game. It comes down to identifying talent.

If the Bills think there is a potential franchise guy there in the 1st or 2nd next year they should go get him - Tyrod or no Tyrod.

I agree too. What I keep saying is - what if there isnt someone we like in 1/2? We'll probably roll with the 2 we have, and maybe look at an experienced backup.

I'm a gay (bottom) I'm a racist. I live with my mom.

Any others ? It'll be funnier once your banned.

Ryan L is calling for someone to be banned.........so, being banned is a point of interest to you?

I thought you wanted people to come after you? :lol:

If that silly, random insult talk flusters you then you are lucky that a SDS certified immune poster like myself :flirt: ........who could force you down the drain that pays out at the sludgey depths of the official BB message board.........doesn't make sport of you in a more relentless and pointed fashion. :thumbsup:

I like your NBA takes so that would be a shame........I'm here for the entertainment as well.......but just not exclusively at the expense of fellow posters.

Try more content on the football side......and less of just being a d*ck to get a rise out of more sensitive posters and then asking for their expulsion when they get mad.

By the way........it's not "a gay".......it's just "gay". You are gay and a bottom. I know plenty of very cool gay Bills fans.......I can probably hook you up.......bottoms are apparently less likely to be football fans so you could be like the chick who likes sports. I knew there was "Something about" you. B-)

It's amazing to me that folks are critical of Tyrod's yardage production in the midst of a three-game winning streak -- two on the road -- in which the team won by 15, 16, and 11 points and was clearly focused on running the football.

How about we wait until we need Tyrod to pass for a ton of yards -- and doesn't -- before we make this a huge issue?

NOTE: I am not suggesting that fans shouldn't critique Tyrod's actual play (i.e., good/bad throws, good/bad decisions), but reliance upon the yardage statistics seems sort of silly when the team is winning by double digits.

Ryan L is calling for someone to be banned.........so, being banned is a point of interest to you?

I thought you wanted people to come after you? :lol:

If that silly, random insult talk flusters you then you are lucky that a SDS certified immune poster like myself :flirt: ........who could force you down the drain that pays out at the sludgey depths of the official BB message board.........doesn't make sport of you in a more relentless and pointed fashion. :thumbsup:

I like your NBA takes so that would be a shame........I'm here for the entertainment as well.......but just not exclusively at the expense of fellow posters.

Try more content on the football side......and less of just being a d*ck to get a rise out of more sensitive posters and then asking for their expulsion when they get mad.

By the way........it's not "a gay".......it's just "gay". You are gay and a bottom. I know plenty of very cool gay Bills fans.......I can probably hook you up.......bottoms are apparently less likely to be football fans so you could be like the chick who likes sports. I knew there was "Something about" you. B-)

I just follow the rules buddy. When a poster can't have a civil discussion it's on him.

My take. Tyrod must improve or we will go nowhere. 32nd ranked pass offense is not gonna get er dun

Flame away Gilleslie lover ! Quit worrying about my bottom

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's amazing to me that folks are critical of Tyrod's yardage production in the midst of a three-game winning streak -- two on the road -- in which the team won by 15, 16, and 11 points and was clearly focused on running the football.

How about we wait until we need Tyrod to pass for a ton of yards -- and doesn't -- before we make this a huge issue?

NOTE: I am not suggesting that fans shouldn't critique Tyrod's actual play (i.e., good/bad throws, good/bad decisions), but reliance upon the yardage statistics seems sort of silly when the team is winning by double digits.

Why can't we have high expectations? Because we're Bills fans? High school teams have better passing attacks than us.

If Tyrod is someone like a regular NFL qb, we beat Baltimore, which could be a huge loss for us down the stretch. If we don't play QBs like Case and Jacoby, we could be in real trouble.

The NFL wants you to pass. They give you gift PI penalties. I'm sick of 7-9 or 8-8 & making excuses for players. A starting NFL qb shouldn't struggle to pass for 150 yards on a regular basis.

Why can't we have high expectations? Because we're Bills fans? High school teams have better passing attacks than us.

If Tyrod is someone like a regular NFL qb, we beat Baltimore, which could be a huge loss for us down the stretch. If we don't play QBs like Case and Jacoby, we could be in real trouble.

The NFL wants you to pass. They give you gift PI penalties. I'm sick of 7-9 or 8-8 & making excuses for players. A starting NFL qb shouldn't struggle to pass for 150 yards on a regular basis.

You clearly don't understand what I wrote, and I should also note I'm judging Tyrod post-Roman.

The problem with this is a) We lose and TT has a bad game we criticize TT, b) we lose and TT has a good game we criticize TT because we lost, c) we win and TT has a bad game stat wise we criticize TT because it's allegedly unsustainable and he has to be better, we win and TT has a good game we reluctantly give him a lot of credit but he has to do this all the time or it means nothing.

He's passed for 150 yards in 15 of 19 starts as a Bill. I know what you are saying, but doing something 78.9% of the time is not struggling on a regular basis.

And LOST! Low football IQ dude. Turn off the PC, go upstairs, kiss your mom, go outside and regroup.

Not a good day for you.

How many games has TT won when the team gave up 29 points? Let me do the search for you - Zero.

In fact, the Bills have never won a game with TT at QB in which they needed to score more than 21 points.

These are the opposing teams total points in the games TT has QB'd the Bills to wins:

14, 14, 13, 17, 17, 21, 6, 17, 18, 0, 19

That comes out to an average of 14.18 points per game the Bills have allowed in the 11 games they've won with TT at QB. For comparison the league avg. in scoring is 22.6 this year and was 22.8 last year.

When the D has an off day, the team loses. When TT has an off day, the team can still win if the D is playing well. Hell, when the D allows the league average in scoring the Bills don't win. On good teams one side the ball needs to be able to pick it up when the other side has an off day. On the Bills only the D picks up the O.

And I realize TT helps keep those numbers down with the lack of turnovers. But the O also kills the D with all the three and outs and a really bad 3rd down conversion rate. The Bills need more production out of the QB position.

Teams win with different recipes. For the Bills offense, maybe it's high rushing numbers, some low risk passing along with a few Tyrod scrambles mixed in. Hey, we know he can hit the deep ball as well.

I'm not caught up in passing yardage. I just want some wins and ball security from my QB. Obviously, accuracy, 3rd-down conversions, etc... will come along with the WINS.

Why can't we have high expectations? Because we're Bills fans? High school teams have better passing attacks than us. But not a better defense or run game.

If Tyrod is someone like a regular NFL qb, we beat Baltimore, which could be a huge loss for us down the stretch. If we don't play QBs like Case and Jacoby, we could be in real trouble. If, If, If... If Roman is fired in the offseason we beat Baltimore, and we play who we play. Case lit up Seattle, the Pats stomped the Texans. Any given Sunday. It's why they play the games.

The NFL wants you to pass. They give you gift PI penalties. Not so much this year. The AZ game, they really let both teams' CBs play physical D.

I'm sick of 7-9 or 8-8 & making excuses for players. A starting NFL qb shouldn't struggle to pass for 150 yards on a regular basis. Yard stats are bunk when we have the least attempts and are still winning.

Edited by DrDareustein

The problem with this is a) We lose and TT has a bad game we criticize TT, b) we lose and TT has a good game we criticize TT because we lost, c) we win and TT has a bad game stat wise we criticize TT because it's allegedly unsustainable and he has to be better, we win and TT has a good game we reluctantly give him a lot of credit but he has to do this all the time or it means nothing.

This is gonna upset a LOT of posters here. This is why I stick up for TT.

I feel like there are not enough Bills fans who appreciate him and his unique skill set.

How many games has TT won when the team gave up 29 points? Let me do the search for you - Zero.

In fact, the Bills have never won a game with TT at QB in which they needed to score more than 21 points.

These are the opposing teams total points in the games TT has QB'd the Bills to wins:

14, 14, 13, 17, 17, 21, 6, 17, 18, 0, 19

That comes out to an average of 14.18 points per game the Bills have allowed in the 11 games they've won with TT at QB. For comparison the league avg. in scoring is 22.6 this year and was 22.8 last year.

When the D has an off day, the team loses. When TT has an off day, the team can still win if the D is playing well. Hell, when the D allows the league average in scoring the Bills don't win. On good teams one side the ball needs to be able to pick it up when the other side has an off day. On the Bills only the D picks up the O.

And I realize TT helps keep those numbers down with the lack of turnovers. But the O also kills the D with all the three and outs and a really bad 3rd down conversion rate. The Bills need more production out of the QB position.

27, 41, 14, 33, 22, 30, 16, 22, 33, 16, 30 -- points scored in the games won with TT. That's 25.8 pts/game with TT at QB for the Ws. See, numbers work both ways.