3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

I think most people are using his yardage because it's easy to point to as a symptom of his poor play. If TT was going 10/10 for 100 yards and 2 TD's and we were winning going away, that'd be a different story.

Wins by 15, 16, and 11 the last three weeks. People just want to B word because they aren't seeing what they deem to be "franchise QB" play.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wins by 15, 16, and 11 the last three weeks. People just want to B word because they aren't seeing what they deem to be "franchise QB" play.

And the Bills are below average in offensive point production. Would you point to McCoy and the running game as the most likely cause of that?

And the Bills are below average in offensive point production. Would you point to McCoy and the running game as the most likely cause of that?

I'd point to game plans that are focusing upon a running game and playing good defense, and also point out an offense missing their #1 and #3 WRs.

The Bills scored on their first three possessions against the Pats*** and their first two against the Rams.

I'd point to game plans that are focusing upon a running game and playing good defense, and also point out an offense missing their #1 and #3 WRs.

The Bills scored on their first three possessions against the Pats*** and their first two against the Rams.

Why are you cherry-picking the possessions? Are you suggesting the Bills offense stops trying to score after they get a lead, moreso than all the other teams in the NFL?

There are teams in the top half of the league of offensive points that are focused on a running game and playing good defense, you know.

Edited by jmc12290

He's a QB but his ability as a runner was directly responsible for the easy 8'yard TD by Gillislee. That was the equivalent of an 8 yard TD swing pass. He drew everyone to him because they had to worry about him, waited until the last second, and then made the perfect pitch to Gillislee on the run and he walked into the endzone. That is talent from the QB position on a scoring play because he's Tyrod Taylor.

He's a QB but his ability as a runner was directly responsible for the easy 8'yard TD by Gillislee. That was the equivalent of an 8 yard TD swing pass. He drew everyone to him because they had to worry about him, waited until the last second, and then made the perfect pitch to Gillislee on the run and he walked into the endzone. That is talent from the QB position on a scoring play because he's Tyrod Taylor.

This kind of analysis could also be applied to Cam, Kaep, Wilson, VY, Vick, but it rarely is.

27, 41, 14, 33, 22, 30, 16, 22, 33, 16, 30 -- points scored in the games won with TT. That's 25.8 pts/game with TT at QB for the Ws. See, numbers work both ways.

How many in the losses? The bottom line is that TT has not helped the offense do enough to win if the D doesn't play at a high level. Not...one...time.

If EJ played as poorly as TT has this season people would be running him out of town. Not sure why TT gets a free pass with the big money looming after this season. I gave him a lot of leeway last year, this year he has to step up, with or without Watkins.

No doubt. I don't think anybody says he's a horrible QB overall. But is he the guy that can take the Bills to the next level if this is all he's capable of?

Is he worth the money that kicks in next year? Because once that money kicks in it's less money to pay other positions - like the defense. So if he's going to take money away from other spots (and thus weaken the team overall) he had better pick up his game to compensate for it.

How many in the losses? The bottom line is that TT has not helped the offense do enough to win if the D doesn't play at a high level. Not...one...time.

If EJ played as poorly as TT has this season people would be running him out of town. Not sure why TT gets a free pass with the big money looming after this season. I gave him a lot of leeway last year, this year he has to step up, with or without Watkins.

No doubt. I don't think anybody says he's a horrible QB overall. But is he the guy that can take the Bills to the next level if this is all he's capable of?

Is he worth the money that kicks in next year? Because once that money kicks in it's less money to pay other positions - like the defense. So if he's going to take money away from other spots (and thus weaken the team overall) he had better pick up his game to compensate for it.

I've always thought Taylor gets much more than a pass than other Bills' Qbs. EJ actually averages more passing yards per game than Taylor (Taylor outrishes him by 20 yards more a game). Obviously, TT is much smarter with the ball but he really takes risks.

I think people say Taylor "wins" more but I think it's because we have one of best all around teams in a while. But either way, I just expect more from a franchise qb.

With Sammy out and the defense playing lights out the team's offense should be run through Shady and with an emphasis on not turning the ball over. So if Tyrod having "Bad Games" by playing conservative is winning games keep doing what you are doing. Shady is one of the best RB's in the league and the best player on the offense, Tyrod can run and is good at not turning the ball over, and you have a very good defense so the winning prescription is to do what they have been doing with Tyrod.

I've always thought Taylor gets much more than a pass than other Bills' Qbs. EJ actually averages more passing yards per game than Taylor (Taylor outrishes him by 20 yards more a game). Obviously, TT is much smarter with the ball but he really takes risks.

I think people say Taylor "wins" more but I think it's because we have one of best all around teams in a while. But either way, I just expect more from a franchise qb.

Tyrod's contract pays him the 17th(tied with 2 others)most of all QBs in the NFL. That's not "franchise" money or even the top half.

It's hilarious how you make every excuse in the book for every Bills player, yet are willing to deem Goff a bust after 5 games.

That is freakin' funny. Can you imagine the Bills taking a QB #1 and having him be third string? It would be like The Purge around here!

Just pointing out how just drafting a QB doesn't automatically get you a winner. And maybe you forgot we have Cardale Jones on the roster already. How many QB's do you want? And do you plan on letting anyone develop?

Sorry if I come off snarky. I just get tired of the QB-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow mentality. This fanbase has zero patience to let any player, much less a QB, grow into their job.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just pointing out how just drafting a QB doesn't automatically get you a winner. And maybe you forgot we have Cardale Jones on the roster already. How many QB's do you want? And do you plan on letting anyone develop?

Sorry if I come off snarky. I just get tired of the QB-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow mentality. This fanbase has zero patience to let any player, much less a QB, grow into their job.

You might remember but I'm one of the most patient posters on Qbs. I've made a million excuses for Losman, Trent, EJ, & Fitz. I like Taylor but he might be what he is and he's older than all those guys before they were given up on.

Sitting around and hoping Qbs develop has gotten us no where. I liked the Jones pick but counting on him is pretty risky. I would love to add a guy to the mix next year.

I'm thrilled we are 3-2. But with decent qb play, we could be 4-1. You shouldn't have to hope for 150 passing yards in the NFL.

You might remember but I'm one of the most patient posters on Qbs. I've made a million excuses for Losman, Trent, EJ, & Fitz. I like Taylor but he might be what he is and he's older than all those guys before they were given up on.

Sitting around and hoping Qbs develop has gotten us no where. I liked the Jones pick but counting on him is pretty risky. I would love to add a guy to the mix next year.

I'm thrilled we are 3-2. But with decent qb play, we could be 4-1. You shouldn't have to hope for 150 passing yards in the NFL.

I think you need to bear in mind our game plan is not focused on passing the ball right now.