3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well right now who is a better QB throwing to? And when you play bad run defenses and have a LeSean McCoy, do you not run the ball?

Robert Woods is a lot better receiver than he looks in our offense. Charles Clay put up nearly 800 yards and 6 tds with crappy Tannehill.

Matt Stafford lost a once in a generation receiver and has almost 1,400 yards and 10 tds. And Stafford was a qb I would have been close to Taylor before the season.

I think you need to bear in mind our game plan is not focused on passing the ball right now.

Neither is Dallas'. Yet their rookie, minus Dez the past few games, has looked like a legit prospect. Dallas has the highest percentage of run plays in the league yet still looks respectable in the passing game.

Neither is Dallas'. Yet their rookie, minus Dez the past few games, has looked like a legit prospect. Dallas has the highest percentage of run plays in the league yet still looks respectable in the passing game.

Great point. Same with Wentz. They aren't loaded with talent and he looks very competent.

I think everyone wants Taylor to take the next step but he just isn't.

Yeesus is always over the top but I think it's fair to say TT hasn't taken the next step, and in fact, has seen his accuracy regress. I like that he has found Charles Clay more this year but this is not the QB to have in a shoot out or to pull a game out with his arm. Let's ride the year out and see happens.

side bar wrt wentz and prescott...

Between Pederson/Reich/Defilipo in Philly and Garrett/Linehan/Wilson in Dallas, could there be better situations for rookie QBs to go into?

Those are both staffs of QB/QB/QB from Head Coach to OC to QB coach. Dallas's staff is literally 3 former Cowboy QBs.

Not saying that is the only reason they are succeeding, but it is certainly a major part.

Edited by DrDareustein

Between Pederson/Reich/Defilipo in Philly and Garrett/Linehan/Wilson in Dallas, could there be better situations for rookie QBs to go into?

Those are both staffs of QB/QB/QB from Head Coach to OC to QB coach. Dallas's staff is literally 3 former Cowboy QBs.

Not saying that is the only reason they are succeeding, but it is certainly a major part.

I definitely think this is a tremendous help to them.

It is funny that I was an EJ apologist for pointing out that he had Nate Hackett as his rookie year qb coach and OC while Big Ben & Luck had Bruce Arians.

In regards to Tyrod, I think Roman did a much better job with him than people will remember now.

How many games has TT won when the team gave up 29 points? Let me do the search for you - Zero.

In fact, the Bills have never won a game with TT at QB in which they needed to score more than 21 points.

These are the opposing teams total points in the games TT has QB'd the Bills to wins:

14, 14, 13, 17, 17, 21, 6, 17, 18, 0, 19

That comes out to an average of 14.18 points per game the Bills have allowed in the 11 games they've won with TT at QB. For comparison the league avg. in scoring is 22.6 this year and was 22.8 last year.

When the D has an off day, the team loses. When TT has an off day, the team can still win if the D is playing well. Hell, when the D allows the league average in scoring the Bills don't win. On good teams one side the ball needs to be able to pick it up when the other side has an off day. On the Bills only the D picks up the O.

And I realize TT helps keep those numbers down with the lack of turnovers. But the O also kills the D with all the three and outs and a really bad 3rd down conversion rate. The Bills need more production out of the QB position.

TT has also been the QB when the Bills score 25 or more points 3x and still lose. 2 of those 3 losses bills scored more than 30 or more.

Isnt it the norm that when any teams defense has an "off day" you likely lose? If the league avg is 22.8 in scoring and your defense gives up more than 22.8, odds are not in your favor to win. Your numbers say that. So whats the surprise?

I just can't believe how his accuracy has fallen off........I know his mechanics aren't great but he's f*cking dying out there at times.

He'd be helped a lot by having a bigger WR corps.........he's not a small window passer and the third down throws to Goodwin have been a recipe for a punt........but this year he's missing all kinds of throws he made last year.

Agree here... Size at WR could be a very big help....The addition of Hunter at 6'4" could work out if the two build a chemistry.

Sure. But C.B. wants us to take a QB #1.

So many have already forgotten about C.Jones. wierd

Yeesus is always over the top but I think it's fair to say TT hasn't taken the next step, and in fact, has seen his accuracy regress. I like that he has found Charles Clay more this year but this is not the QB to have in a shoot out or to pull a game out with his arm. Let's ride the year out and see happens.

Yes this. Because nothing is going to happen that we can affect anyways. So let us each be patient and hope and hand wring till the season ends.

Bills have never had a culture of developing quality QBs. Kelly was an anomaly.

You have an excellent point that some may not have noticed, so thanks for bringing it to light !

But I do think the Bills recognize this now.

Another reason i loathe when folks want to toss out the baby with the bathwater.

How did the Cowboys do last year?

Did they fire Garret?

People keep bringing up how we rank dead last in passing.

Questions:

1. Where would you expect a team to rank when you have the fewest pass attempts in the NFL (counting teams who have played all 5 games).

a. And why do we have the fewest passing attempts? Bc - listen in - WE ARE REALLY GOOD AT RUNNING THE BALL. Our HC loves to run the ball. Our offensive coordinator is a former running back. Our GM was a defensive player in college. There is nothing about this entire regime, from top to bottom, that screams: lets air it out 40x a game.

2. Do we rank dead last in yards per attempt?

3. Do we rank dead last in passing td?

4. Do we rank dead last in completion %?

5. Do we rank dead last in red zone scoring % ?

6. Do we rank dead last in 3rd down conversions?

7. Do we rank dead last in turnovers?

No.

The "last in passing" theme is simply idiotic. There are areas we need to improve withing the passing game overall, but that argument is weak.

I definitely think this is a tremendous help to them.

It is funny that I was an EJ apologist for pointing out that he had Nate Hackett as his rookie year qb coach and OC while Big Ben & Luck had Bruce Arians.

In regards to Tyrod, I think Roman did a much better job with him than people will remember now.

I have no qualms with G Ro.

It was noted that Bills have a bazilllion Coaches. But I think it is more for individual development across the team. Both Players and Coaches.

What is wrong with starting him next year while having a potential franchise QB waiting in the wings behind him?

The best time to look for your next qb is while you still have one..

Don't wait to go grocery shopping until the cupboards are bare..

Fortune favors the prepared..

Anyone else got some clichés that fit the moment??

The best time to look for your next qb is while you still have one..

Don't wait to go grocery shopping until the cupboards are bare..

Fortune favors the prepared..

Anyone else got some clichés that fit the moment??

I like TT as our starter and for this current team. But i do agree that the best time to look for anything is when you already have it. Of course, the only exception being your wife. Hahah 😁

Yes this. Because nothing is going to happen that we can affect anyways. So let us each be patient and hope and hand wring till the season ends.

?

Absolutely. I don't think anybody is advocating benching TT. He needs to be given the entire season to see where he's at.

Those are "TT" numbers - but you have to help your QB out and catch passes. We had 3 or 4 drops that would've extended drives. All of those 3 stats are reflective of a receiver catching the pass. If people drop 3rd downs and we punt, we get less chances to pass and improve the %. YPA is a reflection of Comp% and total yards. We missed a deep ball that would boost that number.

Just like W-L isn't a QB stat, neither are any of those.

Deflect its fine.

Give Aaron Rodgers Woods, Glass & Powell. Ryan was horrible without Julio. Same with Eli. And those are elite QBs. Tyrod is not in their class but has their same problems. I would be happy having Salas back. We really have nothing outside.

Ryan ans Eli are not elite QBs

Tyrod has been less accurate this year. He missed Woods wide open, but I guess you are going to see that. After throwing that route to Watkins since camp, he is probably use to Watkins speed and size. That pass would have been a TD with Watkins. I think we all need to relax. Tyrod has something we haven't seen in Buffalo since Edwards' first 5 games the year the Bills went 5-0. He has presence in the huddle and can get guys to rally around him. His passes to Clay were good and the last TD Goodwin was perfect. I think he will get better in the next couple of weeks. And with Shady, hell I wouldn't throw unless I had too.

Wasn't Woods at TC too?

Lame excuse. It was a bad pass. Own it.

Giants? Chiefs?

Eagles, Washington, Patsies** both games Edited by reddogblitz