3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games has TT won when the team gave up 29 points? Let me do the search for you - Zero.

In fact, the Bills have never won a game with TT at QB in which they needed to score more than 21 points.

These are the opposing teams total points in the games TT has QB'd the Bills to wins:

14, 14, 13, 17, 17, 21, 6, 17, 18, 0, 19

That comes out to an average of 14.18 points per game the Bills have allowed in the 11 games they've won with TT at QB. For comparison the league avg. in scoring is 22.6 this year and was 22.8 last year.

When the D has an off day, the team loses. When TT has an off day, the team can still win if the D is playing well. Hell, when the D allows the league average in scoring the Bills don't win. On good teams one side the ball needs to be able to pick it up when the other side has an off day. On the Bills only the D picks up the O.

And I realize TT helps keep those numbers down with the lack of turnovers. But the O also kills the D with all the three and outs and a really bad 3rd down conversion rate. The Bills need more production out of the QB position.

And through 19 games as the Bills starting QB they have averaged 23.37. Thanks for clearing that up they have been above average over the last (2) years under Tyrod.

Our shittty Quarterback, who has been bad in 3 of 4 games, is currently #7 QBR thru 5 weeks in the league.

He must of had one really, really good game and three bad ones.

Again, 8-1 record when he throws under 200 and 14 TDs & 1 INT his career playing on the road.

Our shittty Quarterback, who has been bad in 3 of 4 games, is currently #7 QBR thru 5 weeks in the league.

He must of had one really, really good game and three bad ones.

Again, 8-1 record when he throws under 200 and 14 TDs & 1 INT his career playing on the road.

I remember when Fitz was #3 QBR through six weeks ... and then we paid him ...

QBR is crap. W-L are team stats, not QB stats.

He had better passing stats under Roman.

Sammy played in most of those games. He hasn't played any since his departure. Even as a decoy it means a ton and everyone knows it. Numbers are going to go down with no legit No. 1 WR and your new No. 1 WR is Robert Woods ask anyone who has a high football IQ and they will say the same.

Those include defensive points.

So do all other teams point totals. The Seahawks and Pats and Broncos do it all the time. Most teams that score a lot their defenses force turnovers that give them very short fields or favorable field position all game or score themselves or have long returns, etc. in fact, the Bills started a couple drives against LA deep in their own territory. Until 5 minutes to go in the game the Bills average start was inside their own 25 yard line. One at the 10, 11, 22, 22, 22, etc.

So do all other teams point totals. The Seahawks and Pats and Broncos do it all the time. Most teams that score a lot their defenses force turnovers that give them very short fields or favorable field position all game or score themselves or have long returns, etc. in fact, the Bills started a couple drives against LA deep in their own territory. Until 5 minutes to go in the game the Bills average start was inside their own 25 yard line. One at the 10, 11, 22, 22, 22, etc.

But when the Seahawks D returns 2 picks for TD's, no one says Russell Wilson put up 14 points...

But when the Seahawks D returns 2 picks for TD's, no one says Russell Wilson put up 14 points...

Nor do they dismiss his yards when his mobility allows a player to get open "broken play" and he throws TD passes.

Nor do they dismiss his yards when his mobility allows a player to get open "broken play" and he throws TD passes.

For context, the Bills rank 20th in the NFL with 19.2 offensive points per game. The teams ranking behind them are:

Chicago

Cincinnati

Tennessee

NY Giants

NY Jets

Miami

Baltimore

KC

Cleveland

Tampa Bay

Houston

LA

You're only proving our point -- it's a team game and it's silly to be criticizing TT's yardage production when the team scores more points than the league average in his Ws.

You're only proving our point -- it's a team game and it's silly to be criticizing TT's yardage production when the team scores more points than the league average in his Ws.

To take that one step further

One of the things the NNN's routinely leave out is the impact of Tyrod Taylor and his unique mobility provides to the team that does not translate into pocket passing numbers

- When you see Tyrod stand in the pocket and you see them not coming after him? its because respect the fact that if they attack they run the chance of leaving an area where Tyrod (who is like a RB who can throw the ball) leaves.....defenses can do everything PERFECTLY and Tyrod just scampers for a first down.....or even a huge run.

- His ability to roll out of the pocket buys time for receivers to get open

When will people just realize that Tyrod is a unique qb.....

Why? Would it be silly to criticize Gilmore's play when the defense is having a good year?

To take that one step further

One of the things the NNN's routinely leave out is the impact of Tyrod Taylor and his unique mobility provides to the team that does not translate into pocket passing numbers

- When you see Tyrod stand in the pocket and you see them not coming after him? its because respect the fact that if they attack they run the chance of leaving an area where Tyrod (who is like a RB who can throw the ball) leaves.....defenses can do everything PERFECTLY and Tyrod just scampers for a first down.....or even a huge run.

- His ability to roll out of the pocket buys time for receivers to get open

When will people just realize that Tyrod is a unique qb.....

Is he unique or Russell Wilson? I see those used interchangeably.

For context, the Bills rank 20th in the NFL with 19.2 offensive points per game. The teams ranking behind them are:

Chicago

Cincinnati

Tennessee

NY Giants

NY Jets

Miami

Baltimore

KC

Cleveland

Tampa Bay

Houston

LA

Boom.

Why? Would it be silly to criticize Gilmore's play when the defense is having a good year?

Perhaps you overlooked my initial comments that I welcome critique of TT's play (i.e., good/bad throws and decisions) but feel relying upon yardage to say he's not playing well when the team is winning is short sighted.

Perhaps you overlooked my initial comments that I welcome critique of TT's play (i.e., good/bad throws and decisions) but feel relying upon yardage to say he's not playing well when the team is winning is short sighted.

I think most people are using his yardage because it's easy to point to as a symptom of his poor play. If TT was going 10/10 for 100 yards and 2 TD's and we were winning going away, that'd be a different story.