Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

Second injury mis managed to start the season for the Rex Ryan coaching staff.

Last year Shady

This Year Sammy

What about Glenn? misses some camp with an ankle injury, re-injures it first game back. I think it's fair to now question the medical staff and it's injury evaluations.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt upset with shaq (in fact, i like him for a ryan defense.... if we keep with one).... but i thought a WR at 1 or 2 would have been a nice pick. especially with woods likely gone at the end of the year (just my opinion).

its a tough spot today... and will make things like evaluating TT more of a challenge, thats for sure. hopefully clays knee holds up now....

i figured - but couldnt resist giving a joke

You're technically not wrong about how they sell out though.

I think this is the end of Sammy in Buff. New rules dictate that you can only bring one guy back from IR. we got to wait 8 on Sammy now... so if Lawson is ready in week 8, we'll activate him.

I think we're going to trade the right to extend his rookie contract one year, to whomever gives us a 1st round pick for'm... i'm being optimistic.

"the end of Sammy in Buff" era has started. I actually agree. He may have good hands, but i haven't seen much separation in a BIlls uni and his foot is his kryptonite.

As far the rest of the Bills now, Tyrod has very little options, teams are gonna focus their Def on our ground more now after the success agaisnt the Cards.

"the end of Sammy in Buff" era has started. I actually agree. He may have good hands, but i haven't seen much separation in a BIlls uni and his foot is his kryptonite.

As far the rest of the Bills now, Tyrod has very little options, teams are gonna focus their Def on our ground more now after the success agaisnt the Cards.

Personally I think the guy is thinking about his future. It's difficult not to wonder if he doesn't think that his future is brighter than the present. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't picture himself on a contender with an established QB.

Woods, Sammy and Tyrod all gone next year. Rebuild ahead.

Imo

Is Whaley gone too? IMO there is no way a GM gives up what he did for Sammy only to let him go in season four. It would be a awful look.

This is a devastating blow, Sammy was the number 1 guy and there isn't much else without him there (Woods and Clay are nice secondary options, Shady only prime time offensive threat out there). Even if he came back in 8 weeks I doubt the team could keeps its head above water without him till then. I wish the NFL had a injured reserve that worked more like the MLB's disabled list.

I wish you could put a few players on a 4, 6, 8, and long term IR (more than 8 weeks). It is so stupid that your only three options for injured reserve are 1- Take up a roster spot 2- Out for the season 3- Out for 8 weeks minimum. Of which the third option you can only use once.

Edited by billsfan89

All you fellas saying this is Whaley's fault: there is no structural damage to his foot. It''s a pain tolerance issue. Sammy can't handle the pain. So let's see how Salas, Woods, and Goodwin do...maybe Sammy can get an injury settlement for persistent fibromyalgia (ouchitis).