Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy Watkins...the Buffalo Bills' Tim Connolly. :death:

Connolly is on a whole different level. He played like 8 games in a 3 year contract. An exaggeration I know but I think he logged something like a seasons worth of games in 3 seasons. Edited by The Wiz

Connolly is on a whole different level. He played like 8 games in a 3 year contract. An exaggeration I know but I think he logged something like a seasons worth of games in 3 seasons.

hate to say it but Sammy is about in the same pace

Doug Whaley and the Bills learn to be a nfl GM with buddy nix did not pan out. Ha paid minimal dividends. I,blame none of this on #14. He didn't ask to ba a Bill. He has had trash scrub QB's to work with. For the posters that don't like him. No worry's he is gone no.matter what the Bills want after his rookie contract. Just like Woods will be gone next season and then light it up somewhere hopefully a contender.

The friggin dumb morons who telegraphed this too the patriots just made the hoddy's** job easier. This team is not even medicore in coaching. game planning, etc. The misuse of their number 1&2 receivers is borderline ridiculous. Clay chronic knee problem, on and on and on. a 100 million dollar weed head. no clearcut number 3 receiver. it is borderline insane. the homers who kiss the ass of every single backwords move these idiots make WEEKLY if not more often.

now a 27 million payout due next uear for a qb that can't come close to throwing for 200 yards must less 300. and i like the guy, but he blows this year!

There is zero difference in obd culture between the wilson era and the "new era" except a oil dude who is willing to foolishly throw his money away at morons in hopes it will work out How is that working out? Well so far this year the highest paid OC in the NFL is now on his couch collecting checks for two years. good money if you can find a fool tool too part with it. Rex will be getting in on that action too. It's just a matter of when. the friggn raiders will win another superbowl before the bills ever find a nfl QB.

well it's only sixteen years 16 YEARS people relax! LOL!

This is simply a dumb comment...a #2 WR would be 12th in the NFL in yards/game, 14th in TDs, and 1st in yards/target?

Whatever makes you feel better chief. I am looking at the bigger picture from his time with us. The only game changing moment he has had was the catch against Detroit that was better then ODBs in my book and the KC game. He's not pedestrian by any stretch but the return in investment is simply not there. It's incredibly frustrating to have a Ferrari in you garage and you misplaced the keys.

Unfortunately, Sammy's injury history (for 2 plus years) is demonstrating in rather strong terms how risky and imo reckless the trade was to get him. There was absolutely no valid reason to trade up to get him. Deep WR draft class.

Even when he's healthy, they rarely use him in the right way. If he's a game breaker like most people believe and I'm one of them, throw the damn ball his way. He should be targeted at least 10 times a game to include some deep balls. He destroyed the Jets in New York in his rookie year I believe and he had a great game against the Chiefs last year. There may be another game or two that I'm forgetting. I remember the Colts game last year. He was a decoy. I'm not sure if he had one catch.

Bottom line: it's very frustrating that Sammy can't stay healthy. It's maddening how the Bills spent so much to get him and then don't make him a big part of most game plans.

Whatever makes you feel better chief. I am looking at the bigger picture from his time with us. The only game changing moment he has had was the catch against Detroit that was better then ODBs in my book and the KC game. He's not pedestrian by any stretch but the return in investment is simply not there. It's incredibly frustrating to have a Ferrari in you garage and you misplaced the keys.

You're observing the night sky through the wrong end of a kaleidoscope to tell me my horoscope. Face it chief, you're hopeless.

Actually, he missed only 3 of 32 games coming into this year--that's fewer games missed than Beckham, Julio, and Dez in their first 2 seasons IIRC.

How many games has he actually been healthy for though? Remember the month of November 2014 when we needed him for a wildcard push? He went invisible, tallying something like 12 catches and 100 yards for the entire month. The rallying cry around here was "He's hurt!! He's injured! He's still a great decoy!!" That's just one example. I'd take a guess and say for ~40% of his games there's been some nagging injury that's slowed him down, and it doesn't look like that percentage is going to get any better this year.

If you'll notice, I've said repeatedly that the bold statement is a totally reasonable take IMO.

What I picked on was the statement that he hasn't been productive when healthy. He absolutely has, and it seems you agree with that.

As to game-changing moments, I'd count the following:

- His TD catch against Miami as a rookie that put the team ahead by 2 scores entering the 4th Q

- His game-winning TD catch at the buzzer against Minnesota

- The Detroit catch you mentioned

- His incredible performance against Miami at home last year (168 yards despite only 11 passes being thrown by his QB--total)

How many games has he actually been healthy for though? Remember the month of November 2014 when we needed him for a wildcard push? He went invisible, tallying something like 12 catches and 100 yards for the entire month. The rallying cry around here was "He's hurt!! He's injured! He's still a great decoy!!" That's just one example. I'd take a guess and say for ~40% of his games there's been some nagging injury that's slowed him down, and it doesn't look like that percentage is going to get any better this year.

No question he's been nicked up, and I never denied that. The poster said that he couldn't stay on the field, which (up until this year) simply wasn't true.

Again, I've only ever said that the criticisms we level against him should make sense. Durability and ROI are totally reasonable talking points IMO. Productivity and availability up to this season aren't.

I may have missed this but wonder why it took till May for them to do his foot surgery? Did he injure it in training or OTAs offseason but close to May? If the injury was earlier, then they are idiots for not doing it sooner. Other questions: why run him at training camp if he's not fully healed? Why play him vs Jets on only 5 days rest? This team is super stupid when it comes to injuries. Rush them back then watch them get injured and be out even longer than they would be if they had just let the guy heal. Be wary of Cordy Glenn and his high ankle sprain again too.

my understanding is that they wanted to try and see if it would heal without surgery first. Fairly common with these injuries. Putting screw into a foot shouldn't be a "first resort". They can sometimes heal with rest. His didn't so they did it within enough time to return for some of camp.

My understanding is he was fully healed going into season. His foot was stepped on the Monday after jets game and he had a setback. It also may have been very sore at end of jets game, not sure why he missed last 2 series.

Important to keep in mind that there is a difference between being able to play from a medical safety standpoint and being able to play from an effectiveness standpoint. If he can't hurt the foot any further by playing but also cant make the cuts and be effective, he can't really help the team by being on the field. If it was a playoff game you probably put him out there as a decoy at worst. But in week 4 you rest it and hope he can return.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 games is the same as 32?

I don't know why everyone is upset. Bills are 1-0 without Watkins this season.

5 as a percentage of 35.

The comment was about Connolly playing in only 1/3 of the games he was a Sabre. While Sammy has played in more than that to this point, signs point to him missing some more time this year. Assuming he is sidelined for sognificant time, he will be pretty close to Timmys numbers.

I also add in the games that he's played when not at 100% and basically was useless in those games. Like the first few games last year. Like the first 2 this season. Etc.