Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

I got blasted earlier in the year for this but I'll say it again...

Whaley is TERRIBLE at adding depth and having contingency plans. Our WR corps looks thin even WITH Sammy. Now it's flat out pathetic. It's almost as if this type of thing completely shocks the organization and we have no idea how to field a roster most games. Sammy had surgery in the offseason and we're still somehow unprepared for this.

Injuries happen, but you cannot go into a game with Goodwin at WR2 and Walter Powell as WR3. Awful depth management.

Dude, they can't even get a proper roster of STARTERS, and you are complaining about depth?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have missed this but wonder why it took till May for them to do his foot surgery? Did he injure it in training or OTAs offseason but close to May? If the injury was earlier, then they are idiots for not doing it sooner. Other questions: why run him at training camp if he's not fully healed? Why play him vs Jets on only 5 days rest? This team is super stupid when it comes to injuries. Rush them back then watch them get injured and be out even longer than they would be if they had just let the guy heal. Be wary of Cordy Glenn and his high ankle sprain again too.

Edited by norton20

Its been a very short career. Compare that to Landry, ODB and Mike Evans. Considering what we gave up how can you not say it's disappointing?

And he hasn't exactly flourished when healthy.

Again, let's level criticisms that make sense.

To say that leading the NFL in yards/target, and outpacing the rest of the NFL in terms of production over the final 9 games of 2015 isn't flourishing is simply incorrect.

To say that leading the NFL in yards/target, and outpacing the rest of the NFL in terms of production over the final 9 games of 2015 isn't flourishing is simply incorrect.

Thanks stats guy, how many wins did that translate too? Why cant he do it through the whole year? And lets look at he full year for stats not just 9 games, don't cherry pick.

Yes, but what about the eye test?!?

Thanks stats guy, how many wins did that translate too? Why cant he do it through the whole year? And lets look at he full year for stats not just 9 games, don't cherry pick.

I'm flattered that I'm the "stats guy". I'm happy not to cherry pick: Sammy lead the NFL in yards/target for the entire 2015 season. No big deal though, right?

Why can't he do what through the whole year? Produce pro bowl numbers? Um, he did.

He had what amounted to a nearly statistically identical season to Amari Cooper in 3 fewer games (with 35 fewer targets)...Cooper made the pro bowl by the way.

How many wins did it translate to? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know wins and losses were a WR stat. Since that's the case, who's the better WR: Sammy or Odell Beckham, Jr? Sammy by a significant margin, right? Or is that a total BS argument?

I got blasted earlier in the year for this but I'll say it again...

Whaley is TERRIBLE at adding depth and having contingency plans. Our WR corps looks thin even WITH Sammy. Now it's flat out pathetic. It's almost as if this type of thing completely shocks the organization and we have no idea how to field a roster most games. Sammy had surgery in the offseason and we're still somehow unprepared for this.

Injuries happen, but you cannot go into a game with Goodwin at WR2 and Walter Powell as WR3. Awful depth management.

You just described our last 4 GMs not just Whaley... We've always been woefully thin at multiple positions, mostly OL over the years

Edited by ddaryl

You just described our last 4 GMs not just Whaley... We've always been woefully thin at multiple positions, mostly OL over the years

Its almost like there are only 53 roster spots and we have limited resources with which to address all 53 spots.

I can only assume that most of you are new fans since I'm reading that Sammy was the "worst draft pick ever" and a "bust". This team picked Maybin and Mike Williams not all that long ago. James Hardy and Erik Flowers.