Watkins expected to play vs NE this week.

ChanOverChin

Everyone saying "he'll just run slants and catch short passes - powell can do that" don't understand press coverage. Sammy has great hands at the line and can get open off press coverage pretty consistently. Maybe he won't have his deep speed, but his route running and beating players off the line are top notch. He's also a better blocker than goodwin/powell.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not casting blame, just stating the most likely outcome given the history.

I hear you, and I didn't mean to make it sound accusatory, so my apologies if it did.

I'm really hoping that Lynn understands that the best player on the offense needs to be targeted more often.

Those are the kind of numbers you produce when you only get 4-5 targets.

Look around the league: targets are what lead to production.

He's had no trouble getting open; that he hasn't been as explosive as he was last year is no reason not to target him just as much. Throw him the ball when he's open (which is often).

Targets matter to Clay and co. too. If Sammy is out there, NE has to respect him.

Everyone saying "he'll just run slants and catch short passes - powell can do that" don't understand press coverage. Sammy has great hands at the line and can get open off press coverage pretty consistently. Maybe he won't have his deep speed, but his route running and beating players off the line are top notch. He's also a better blocker than goodwin/powell.

Didn't Powell drop a couple passes Sunday? I think Sammy is better.

Lots of internet tough guys in this thread. Classy.

Also experts in injuries, pain tolerance, and what it takes to play in the NFL. I guess the board is populated with former NFL players who are now medical doctors. Who knew there were so many?

If he is even limping I see keep him on the shelf a little while longer.......give me a healthy powell instead

PS....I LOVE Sammy....game changer.....but watching him limp reminds me of when Stevie J. had that groin issue......and could barely walk but was playing....

Julio Jones has similar injury and limps all the time. Sammy will not be 100% healthy this year. If he can play he is better than a healthy Powell

He changes direction without changing speed. Can't coach that.

Can anyone remember when Sammy was ever 100%. Again, not casting blame, just wondering.

I'm thinking about 7 or 8 games last year he looked to be 100%. Jets and Vikings games in 2014 he seemed to be as well. I don't know. I didn't see him limp in any games this year so maybe I missed it. He was on the sideline late in Jets game but didn't see why.

I'm not casting blame, just stating the most likely outcome given the history.

May be the likely outcome given the injury. The history has nothing to do with it. If the Bills lose to the Pats this Sunday, is it because of the history , or because the Pats are better? Outcomes are not determined by history.