We needed it but it may bite us

4merper4mer

Of course. But losing in-conference does hurt more and if that had been the thrust of his thread I think people would have had some sympathy with his argument. His argument that winning any game hurts your play-off chances is comical.

That is the way he does everything though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win yesterday for sure but the reality is that the win hurt us in terms of playoff opportunity. As much as I'd love to win the division, I don't think the Bills are there yet and even if they were I'm not sure the NFL and especially the refs would allow it. If correct, this means any hope at the playoffs is via wild card.

Yesterday's win put us at the very bottom of tie-breaker scenarios in the case of wild card opportunities. Unless we're only battling teams in our own division or one on one with a team we'll play or have played like Baltimore, then the first tie breaker involves eliminating teams that have good records against the NFC. It seems likely that we may end up there. Arizona is/was a favorite in that division and we get the Rams and 9ers later in the year. We're looking at a 3-1 record against the NFC with the probable loss coming against Seattle. I think that record will probably be too good to keep us in the hunt tie-breaker wise.

I have no idea what you are trying to say; but I'm sure its relevant.

At 3-0 versus the NFC it is almost impossible to end up in a good tie breaker scenario. We are pretty much screwed so we might as well have some fun with it and root for the Bills to complete the sweep in a few weeks n a Monday night.

I am SO done with this team. These 3 wins vs the NFC should have been losses. We would be 1-5, and in much better shape for the playoffs. Don't let the standings that have us in the playoffs now as the #6 seed fool you... we are worse off than ever. FIRE THE COACH! THE GM! THE BALL BOY, TICKET OFFICE PERSONNEL, THE SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER!

At 3-0 versus the NFC it is almost impossible to end up in a good tie breaker scenario. We are pretty much screwed so we might as well have some fun with it and root for the Bills to complete the sweep in a few weeks n a Monday night.

If they beat Seattle too, look for them to clean house during the bye. 4 useless wins that contribute in no way to any tiebreaker scenario.