We needed it but it may bite us

4merper4mer

At 3-0 versus the NFC it is almost impossible to end up in a good tie breaker scenario. We are pretty much screwed so we might as well have some fun with it and root for the Bills to complete the sweep in a few weeks n a Monday night.

It feels a little icky rooting against our team like this, not sure I can do it.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give the OP this.... if we finish 9-7 now then he is right that we likely have no chance of getting in as a wildcard on tie breakers (because a 6-6 AFC record is unlikely to get it done). But it won't be because of the NFC wins... it will be because of the AFC losses. I do think we almost certainly need 10 wins though anyway... and those 3 against the NFC West sure help.

I gotta admit.....it infuriates me to read this total non sense.....when your team is trying to get in the playoffs for the 1st time in 16 years , you take every win possible.....the tie breakers will constantly change throughout the year and hopefully it falls in your favor but never will you hear anyone say ...,..." Man that was a great win today but its really gonna hurt us in terms of tie breaking".......Enjoy that our team is even in the conversation for playoff consideration.

Is there any scenario EVER where a win is a bad thing ?

Yes there is. When your season is already tanked and you are hunting for a better draft pick. Otherwise every single win is necessary and important. Bills are in good shape to end the drought this year. Not possible if you can't win the ones you are expected to.

At 3-0 versus the NFC it is almost impossible to end up in a good tie breaker scenario. We are pretty much screwed so we might as well have some fun with it and root for the Bills to complete the sweep in a few weeks n a Monday night.

At this point you are trolling? Right?

I'll give the OP this.... if we finish 9-7 now then he is right that we likely have no chance of getting in as a wildcard on tie breakers (because a 6-6 AFC record is unlikely to get it done). But it won't be because of the NFC wins... it will be because of the AFC losses. I do think we almost certainly need 10 wins though anyway... and those 3 against the NFC West sure help.

Its right only in the sense that you are trading AFC losses for NFC wins. Trade Cardinals win for the Ravens loss, and he has a point. But to say losing to the Cardinals alone hurts us? That's baloney.

Against NFC teams it is still bad for tiebreakers. We are 3-0 vs. the NFC this year. At this point we might as well just go 4-0 as we are n bad tiebreaker shape no matter what at this point.

So you aren't trolling?

How do you figure going 4-0 against the NFC has any bearing on the other AFC games we play? Why can't we sweep the NFC West and go 4-2 against non division AFC Opponents?

I am starting to think your argument here is that we are running out of wins..... :lol:

Edited by What a Tuel

At this point you are trolling? Right?

Its right only in the sense that you are trading AFC losses for NFC wins. Trade Cardinals win for the Ravens loss, and he has a point. But to say losing to the Cardinals alone hurts us? That's baloney.

So you aren't trolling?

How do you figure going 4-0 against the NFC has any bearing on the other AFC games we play? Why can't we sweep the NFC West and go 4-2 against non division AFC Opponents?

I am starting to think your argument here is that we are running out of wins..... :lol:

It's not the smartest argument. But if we go 4-0 in the NFC, and 9-7 overall. We will likely lose a tiebreaker to another 9-7 team. Obviously win's are better than losses - and winning these games is the only way we get to that scenario.

It's not the smartest argument. But if we go 4-0 in the NFC, and 9-7 overall. We will likely lose a tiebreaker to another 9-7 team. Obviously win's are better than losses - and winning these games is the only way we get to that scenario.

There is no reason that we have to go 9-7, and so his argument falls apart. So yeah, his argument is pretty much that we are using up our wins on non conference opponents which is silly.