We needed it but it may bite us

4merper4mer

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you are saying but it is absurd, and it is no way to look at the season.

You are saying that when everything is said and done, and two NFC teams are tied at 10-6, the team with the least amount of NFC wins is going to be the odd man out usually. Usually that is correct.

So to apply it to the Bills, you are saying it is inevitable for us to be 10-6 tied for a wild card spot if we have any opportunity to make the playoffs. You are saying we should prefer more of those 10 wins to be AFC wins rather than NFC wins.

But this is assuming that the Bills will ONLY get 10 wins. A win against the cardinals does not mean we will lose against the jaguars to even us out at 10-6. A win against the cardinals means we might make it to 11-5.

You are applying your logic to a set win/loss record which is the wrong way to go about it.

What? Do we even play the Jaguars?

Yes, yes we do. If you are confused by my explanation then I have no idea what the heck you are referring to a win coming back to bite us.

A loss to the cardinals hurts our chances to getting to playoff contention. That's the bottomline. If you say you'd rather trade our win over the cardinals for a win over the ravens (simply swapping them), then I could understand. But a loss by itself cannot come back to bite us.

Edited by What a Tuel

Yes, yes we do. If you are confused by my explanation then I have no idea what the heck you are referring to a win coming back to bite us.

A loss to the cardinals hurts our chances to getting to playoff contention. That's the bottomline. If you say you'd rather trade our win over the cardinals for a win over the ravens (simply swapping them), then I could understand. But a loss by itself cannot come back to bite us.

The OP does this crap all the time.

Can we get this nonsense off the front page ?

This is a HoF idiotic thread it can never leave.

I can't believe it's going this well.

Nicely reasoned 4merper4mer. Unfortunate that some Bills fans are too emotional to understand your salient point.

In all seriousness (and I can't believe I am actually asking this question), please, you, or 4merhad2mer, or anyone else, explain to me a scenario in which we would be saying, "Gosh, if only we had lost to the Cardinals, we'd be in the playoffs..."

(hint: such a scenario doesn't exist!!!)

Oh, Jezus Christ... I've been sucked in!... How did this happen???

:doh:

Edited by Rocky Landing

I see what you are saying but it is absurd, and it is no way to look at the season.

You are saying that when everything is said and done, and two NFC teams are tied at 10-6, the team with the least amount of NFC wins is going to be the odd man out usually. Usually that is correct.

So to apply it to the Bills, you are saying it is inevitable for us to be 10-6 tied for a wild card spot if we have any opportunity to make the playoffs. You are saying we should prefer more of those 10 wins to be AFC wins rather than NFC wins.

But this is assuming that the Bills will ONLY get 10 wins. A win against the cardinals does not mean we will lose against the jaguars to even us out at 10-6. A win against the cardinals means we might make it to 11-5.

You are applying your logic to a set win/loss record which is the wrong way to go about it.

But in that case. there wont be a tie now will there ?

Please, I have serious questions for Crayonz now that it appears he is back in full glory:

How are Sammy, Carl, and the Googlebot? Are "they" still in control? Are you running any more experiments with silica gel?

In all seriousness (and I can't believe I am actually asking this question), please, you, or 4merhad2mer, or anyone else, explain to me a scenario in which we would be saying, "Gosh, if only we had lost to the Cardinals, we'd be in the playoffs..."

(hint: such a scenario doesn't exist!!!)

Oh, Jezus Christ... I've been sucked in!... How did this happen???

:doh:

I think the point is that the Bills are unlikely to get in without winning a tiebreaker which becomes more and more difficult to do with each out of conference win.

But in that case. there wont be a tie now will there ?

There may still be a tie at 11-5. Damnit, now we have to lose to the 49ers too.

I think the point is that the Bills are unlikely to get in without winning a tiebreaker which becomes more and more difficult to do with each out of conference win.

Why? Are you assuming that a win against Arizona means one less AFC win? That's the only way this works for you guys.

But even then it's nonsensical because it doesn't work like that.

This reminds me of the colleague who was worried about his wife working because they'd have to pay so much taxes. Dude, you have to have money before you pay taxes on it. Money is good.

LOL! My dad never put money in the bank because he didn't want to pay taxes on the interest, back when you got any.

Yes.

I your point is that if you can choose your wins it is better to win against the AFC then of course that is true. If the Bills could swap out the Cards win for say beating Baltimore they would. But winning an out of conference game is not what hurts you. It is the in conference defeats that hurt you.

Edited by GunnerBill

Yes.

I your point is that if you can choose your wins it is better to win against the AFC then of course that is true. If the Bills could swap out the Cards win for say beating Baltimore they would. But winning an out of conference game is not what hurts you. It is the in conference defeats that hurt you.

Just losing games period hurts you so the OPs stance is comical.

Just losing games period hurts you so the OPs stance is comical.

Of course. But losing in-conference does hurt more and if that had been the thrust of his thread I think people would have had some sympathy with his argument. His argument that winning any game hurts your play-off chances is comical.