How is Watkins?

gjv001

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Leodis?

I think that the coaching staff may have decided to rest him on the heels of a long week to give him 2-3 weeks recovery time as to mitigate the full season effects... May be hoping that this doesn't persist all year.... Who knows if it'll work...

This is likely it. Best time for him to get some rest until the BYE week, and we are playing at home. People act as if Sammy just doesn't want to play or what? I don't understand the conspiracy theories.

Each day I swing by this board on the internet and see the eternal question:

"How is Watkins?"

I wonder if this is an old Chinese riddle. There can be only one answer and one answer only, however, since the first game of his NFL career with the Bills:

"Injured."

I long for the day when the answer to this question is "healthy" and hope that that happens when he is still playing for the Bills.

"How is Watkins?"

I wonder if this is an old Chinese riddle. There can be only one answer and one answer only, however, since the first game of his NFL career with the Bills:

"Injured."

I long for the day when the answer to this question is "healthy" and hope that that happens when he is still playing for the Bills.

Could be a play by Samuel Beckett.

"How is Watkins?"

"Injured."

Is this really necessary?

What good comes from you posting about this?

I would like to see what Watkins' health would be like without all your negativity. :cry:

I would like to see what Watkins' health would be like without all your negativity. :cry:

yeah. Because some loser with a piddly job and his opinions mean so much that it affects how Sammys plays.

wow you forgot me? I told you for 2 years SJ wasnt a true 1 and you said he was and you finally conceded and my call about him not even being on the team the following year came true. As far as watkins, they are opposite skill types, SJ loving the slants and underneath stuff where watkins wants everypass at the sideline so he can escape out of bounds without a hit. Watkins is a complete WR who wont compete at WR. SJ was a competitive guy who made alot of 10 yard catches and broke alot of tackles. They both were injured but sammy seems brittle bone while SJ was lazy and didnt work out. If sammy ever plays tough hell be julio jones esque, but thats a huge "if"

i didn't forget you. I just argue with so many people it's hard to remember who's on your side on what topics.

I don't believe I ever "conceded" that SJ was no good or not a #1. The fact is he (much like Sammy) always had some type of issue going on. In SJs case it's most likely due to his lack of preparation and laziness. Personally o don't think Sammy is any better than SJ and I will go on record that SJs career will be more successful than Sammys. Especially if he stays with the Bills which I don't see him doing so after his contract is up.

Yes, Stevie was a warrior in the field and was not afraid to get into the middle of the field and try for the tough plays and Sammy is like Marvin Harrison only with a bigger kitty. Always going out of bounds. Doesn't want to get hit. He's out for himself first and foremost IMO. But we'll all see how his career turns out eventually.

yeah. Because some loser with a piddly job and his opinions mean so much that it affects how Sammys plays.

Thoughts become things!

I have learned from self helpers peddling easy answers that negative energy is a b*tch.

The reason Tom Brady has only won one SB in the past decade is probably because he is the most hated player in the NFL.

Not being negative at all. I like Sammy. I would just love to have a healthy Sammy for a season because I think he could be great.

Maybe one day we will not have to worry his ribs, foot . . . .

Thoughts become things!

I have learned from self helpers peddling easy answers that negative energy is a b*tch.

The reason Tom Brady has only won one SB in the past decade is probably because he is the most hated player in the NFL.

yeah. Makes sense

i didn't forget you. I just argue with so many people it's hard to remember who's on your side on what topics.

I don't believe I ever "conceded" that SJ was no good or not a #1. The fact is he (much like Sammy) always had some type of issue going on. In SJs case it's most likely due to his lack of preparation and laziness. Personally o don't think Sammy is any better than SJ and I will go on record that SJs career will be more successful than Sammys. Especially if he stays with the Bills which I don't see him doing so after his contract is up.

Yes, Stevie was a warrior in the field and was not afraid to get into the middle of the field and try for the tough plays and Sammy is like Marvin Harrison only with a bigger kitty. Always going out of bounds. Doesn't want to get hit. He's out for himself first and foremost IMO. But we'll all see how his career turns out eventually.

um since we agree so much on sammy ill give you a pass on your admission that I was right about sj, a year after a back and fourth with you about how great sj was and his 1000 yard seasons ya de ya.... i told you in 2013 he wouldnt even make the team in 2014 and he didnt. The bills didnt spend 3 picks on sammy for nothing, whaley knew sj was a pretender and he immediately became a 3rd wr in sf and then a 3rd in sd and now I dont even know if hes in the nfl. Sammy is a huge pu$$y and ive said that since 2014. In the meantime...dont make me do a search and quote your concession re SJ. their career numbers might end up being similar but sammy is a beast with a baby's mind, if he ever grows a pair he will do far more damage than SJ ever did with his 7 yard slants.

Sammy Watkins has 2,092 yards and 15 touchdowns in 31 games.

Stevie Johnson has 4,764 yards and 34 touchdowns in 99 games.

Sammy is on pace to exceed Stevie Johnson's TDs, and his yards in 30 less games and he hasn't even hit his stride yet....

Not saying Stevie Johnson was bad, he got a raw deal with our QB situation as well as Sammy. But Sammy is on another planet.

Edited by What a Tuel

Sammy is on pace to exceed Stevie Johnson's TDs, and his yards in 30 less games and he hasn't even hit his stride yet....

Not saying Stevie Johnson was bad, he got a raw deal with our QB situation as well as Sammy. But Sammy is on another planet.

Johnson didn't even play receiver until his 2nd or 3rd season. Watkins has been a starter since he was drafted. That makes a big difference in those numbers you posted.

Watkins is certainly not the physical beast he was made out to be coming out of Clemson. He doesn't make contested catches, doesn't break tackles, doesn't show the toughness we all heard about.

He's good, but certainly not great. It was a bad pick by Whaley, that was the best WR draft class in a long time. I don't see this staff surviving the season. I think we lose the next 2 games at least...

Edited by cantankerous

and there you have it. The numbers he needs to beat. And I don't think he will.

And yes, Sammy is far superior physically but that doesn't mean anything he he keeps getting a boo boo kitty foot every year. I'll say it now, that I know he hasn't had a foot issue every year, But something is always wrong with him. And before everyone starts to say that he's only missed like 3 games so far in his career. It means nothing if he baby's around and doesn't give it his all. And before everyone asks how I can know what kind of pain he's in, just remember that there are hundreds of NFL players that play through pain and injury every week. And if your going to argue that Sammys pain and injuries are worse than everyone else's, then why are we having this conversation because he's always hurt and it always affects his play.

And my argument is right back where I started. It's like the circle of life.

Edited by mrags