Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

if any silver lining, we likely learn SOMETHING. unless sammy and goodwin are done and its just too big a mess to tell.

Yep. Also looking forward to drafting a new WR and OT somewhere in the 1st 3 picks this year.

Bringing on Peyton would make fr great entertainment without question. It's a fantasy, but i would be thrilled to tune in !

Do you think Pegs cut Roman? Or was it a Rex decision? Had to be Pegs rite?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genius move. Defense can't stop anything especially a 3rd and long, so the OC gets fired! WTF

This keeps being said and while I agree the D was frickin' horrible last night and couldn't get off the field, the O (much like last year) can't pick up first downs and stay on the field. It's not a "one or the other" type thing. The D can't do their job if the O can't give them a rest and some field position. It's a combination of the D and O that caused the huge ToP disparity last night, not just the D.

That being said, firing your OC 5 days into the season if about as stupid as stupid gets. Of course it's a panic move, if it wasn't you would have replaced him in the offseason. What we've seen thus far this year isn't a whole lot different than what we saw last season. We knew what we were getting with a Roman led offense.

What really gets me with this move to fire the best OC this team has seen in 10 years is the fact that the one area of the team that fell on it's face in those two games was the run game.

So, let's fire the OC and promote the RB coach :lol:

Only in Buffalo...

Edited by Nihilarian

This keeps being said and while I agree the D was frickin' horrible last night and couldn't get off the field, the O (much like last year) can't pick up first downs and stay on the field. It's not a "one or the other" type thing. The D can't do their job if the O can't give them a rest and some field position. It's a combination of the D and O that caused the huge ToP disparity last night, not just the D.

That being said, firing your OC 5 days into the season if about as stupid as stupid gets. Of course it's a panic move, if it wasn't you would have replaced him in the offseason. What we've seen thus far this year isn't a whole lot different than what we saw last season. We knew what we were getting with a Roman led offense.

The offense has been a bigger problem, and "continuity" obviously wasn't helping. There were problems like getting plays in, and 2-minute offense, that clearly weren't getting any better, and those sure seemed to stem from Roman.

The defense sucks too, but getting rid of Roman seems logical to me.

Man Ol' Rexy really laid a smoke show when he arrived on the scene. I bought it hook line and sinker at first but after a few games I caught on to his schtick. Now he's just pathetic and i'm ready to be rid of him.

When he said this would be his last coaching job he knew he'd have $25 mil extra in the bank afterwards no matter how it turned out. He managed to line the pockets of most of his friends/brother along the way the last two years, including old players and coaches. Everyone got some of Terry Pegulas money. Pegula should be pissed and be looking for answers, unfortunately Rex fed him some more BS and fired Roman.

Next time he won't be so lucky but he will be just as rich.

Man Ol' Rexy really laid a smoke show when he arrived on the scene. I bought it hook line and sinker at first but after a few games I caught on to his schtick. Now he's just pathetic and i'm ready to be rid of him.

When he said this would be his last coaching job he knew he'd have $25 mil extra in the bank afterwards no matter how it turned out. He managed to line the pockets of most of his friends/brother along the way the last two years, including old players and coaches. Everyone got some of Terry Pegulas money. Pegula should be pissed and be looking for answers, unfortunately Rex fed him some more BS and fired Roman.

Next time he won't be so lucky but he will be just as rich.

Rex is gone at the end of the season, that doesn't change Roman's poor performance.

Greg Roman could've been a Superbowl winning OC...in 2000. I'm sure he's a smart guy. But his offense is old. This is a passing league. Competition rule changes over the past 10 - 15 years have made it so.

He and Rex have not evolved to the modern NFL.

The people saying that defense was the problem last night are wrong. It was a team loss. All 3 phases were bad. Offense was 3/10 on 3rd down. Two of those came in garbage time if I remember correctly. We could not put a drive together. Last week was bad as well. Roman does not have the football smarts to run an NFL offense. Rex is on the same boat in my opinion. He gets no pass from me.