Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

I asked Performer to provide analyses to the contrary. He was incapable of doing so.

That's not true at all. You asked me to prove that his scheme was not a good one. Which is to say, you asked me to prove a negative. It is right there for all to see so I'll let your words be what they are.

Although proving a negative has been a difficult thing to do throughout the course of human history I promise I will try. First please:

A. Prove to me that Bigfoot did not marry the Loch Ness monster on a hilltop in Finland in the late 1500s and consummate the marriage soon thereafter resulting in offspring of flying monkeys which now hide amongst the rings of Saturn.

or

2. State which players are to blame for this year's debacle belying Rex's brilliance. I know last year's scapegoat has moved on so we need new ones....exactly as many among us predicted......but I'd like to nail down who they are as quickly as possible so I can keep up. Also please describe how Rex tried to adjust and help them as the Jets game progressed and why they continued to fail.

Until then I will stick to my premise that Rex's scheme is not a good one. I realize I haven't proven this negative and all I have to go on is multiple years of repeated failures spanning several franchises. I apologize for these shortcomings and look forward to addressing them once my fear of the flying Saturn monkeys has dissipated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

Look at the history....

1. Offense was the best it has been in years last year.

2. Not any assets invested in the offense in the offseason. The plan from the HC/GM was just re-sign Glenn and Incognito, Sign a Blocking TE.

3. Draft take a 2 year at best project, and some late picks for future players Williams and Listenbee

4. All offseason everything out of OBD was Offense is strength blah blah.

OC Fired (scapegoated for bad HC and QB)

Statements - Mad Scientist, loaner Wanting to replace him in offseason

More Statements this is about 18 games not 2.

So how was he not scapegoated?

That's not true at all. You asked me to prove that his scheme was not a good one. Which is to say, you asked me to prove a negative. It is right there for all to see so I'll let your words be what they are.

Although proving a negative has been a difficult thing to do throughout the course of human history I promise I will try. First please:

A. Prove to me that Bigfoot did not marry the Loch Ness monster on a hilltop in Finland in the late 1500s and consummate the marriage soon thereafter resulting in offspring of flying monkeys which now hide amongst the rings of Saturn.

or

2. State which players are to blame for this year's debacle belying Rex's brilliance. I know last year's scapegoat has moved on so we need new ones....exactly as many among us predicted......but I'd like to nail down who they are as quickly as possible so I can keep up. Also please describe how Rex tried to adjust and help them as the Jets game progressed and why they continued to fail.

Until then I will stick to my premise that Rex's scheme is not a good one. I realize I haven't proven this negative and all I have to go on is multiple years of repeated failures spanning several franchises. I apologize for these shortcomings and look forward to addressing them once my fear of the flying Saturn monkeys has dissipated.

Thanks in advance.

TL;DR

It wasn't a link to any kind of analysis, which was requested, so I'm not going to bother.

TL;DR

It wasn't a link to any kind of analysis, which was requested, so I'm not going to bother.

Lol at the mischaracterization of your own request but still.......

You demanded a long detailed response but didn't read the response because it was too long?

That makes sense. Maybe you can hire some monkeys from Saturn to read it to you.

No. I have read and heard analysis from people who actually break down the film (Sal, Eric Turner, Yards Per Pass). None of them came away saying the scheme was to blame. Each of them detailed the changes that were made. Each of them said the players got beat. I read these analysis, I listened to them.

I asked Performer to provide analyses to the contrary. He was incapable of doing so.

And yet he's certain the scheme was to blame. I've yet to read his tape analysis, though. I simply asked for a link.

Also this.

a good coach realizes his scheme doesn't work for his players and adapts the scheme. Why didn't Rex do this? Because he seems incapable this far of doing so...

TL;DR

you're better than that BC. He made a good and solid point. You stand behind others work and expect him to counter their argument, on top of that.

a good coach realizes his scheme doesn't work for his players and adapts the scheme. Why didn't Rex do this? Because he seems incapable this far of doing so...

you're better than that BC. He made a good and solid point. You stand behind others work and expect him to counter their argument, on top of that.

No. I know what I don't know. And if people who know more than me present me with information, my understanding of things is subject to formation.

so why the heck did they give him that money? Someone really needs to esplain that one to me. There was no good reason to do that unless they believed in him to show significant progress as compared to the regression we are watching.

And no one had better tell me its an opt out clause.

NO reason to pay him at all.

BTW i am not a Tyrod hater at all. I wish him to be our guy. But wishing doesn't win games

Got all JJ Watted and wizzed himself. boy aint right

Sure , there was a very good reason. And btw, even with the bump in pay for 2016, TT is still on the low end of salary for a starting NFL QB. The Bills essentially hedged their bets. They liked what they saw last year, and thought it possible that TT goes out and has a better 2016. TT was going in to the last year of his deal. ( a third string pay rate deal). If he plays well, the Brinks truck would be backing up to his driveway, with several teams competing. The Bills could very well lose Taylor to another franchise. The other option would be to franchise TT, but that tag $ number would be extraordinarily high. Better to save that tag for a lower paid position. Taylor was also risking injury playing on a bargain basement deal this year that could leave him with a much reduced value. So he had incentive to sign the very team - friendly contract that he did. It basically bumped up his pay from ridiculously low to below average starting QB pay for this season. It also gives the Bills the ability to keep him at a pretty good rate if he plays very well. They can easily get out of the deal if he doesn't perform. This was a very smart contract by the Bills FO. Taylor is still not a highly paid starting QB in the league, so why any fuss over his pay rate? This is an evaluation year in his contract . If he's not good( there's a lot of season to go) even with a different Offensive coordinator that at least theoretically will focus on getting the passing game cranked up to Watkins, Clay, and McCoy, the Bills say no thanks for 2017 and find another QB. Win- win for the Bills.

Lol at the mischaracterization of your own request but still.......

You demanded a long detailed response but didn't read the response because it was too long?

That makes sense. Maybe you can hire some monkeys from Saturn to read it to you.

It was pretty simple: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188556-buffalo-bills-fire-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman/page-43?do=findComment&comment=4055279

Look at the history....

1. Offense was the best it has been in years last year.

2. Not any assets invested in the offense in the offseason. The plan from the HC/GM was just re-sign Glenn and Incognito, Sign a Blocking TE.

3. Draft take a 2 year at best project, and some late picks for future players Williams and Listenbee

4. All offseason everything out of OBD was Offense is strength blah blah.

OC Fired (scapegoated for bad HC and QB)

Statements - Mad Scientist, loaner Wanting to replace him in offseason

More Statements this is about 18 games not 2.

So how was he not scapegoated?

yup -- the math on the decision still isnt adding up right. theres something we arent privy to (yet?) behind the scenes.

Exactly what I said. You asked me to prove a negative. It's not clever, it's just dumb.

No, I'm asking for analyses that refute mine. Stop framing it in another way because you know it doesn't exist. :lol:

@bigcat if we had Stevie Johnson the offense wouldn't be a problem. :)

Ha. Or at the very least our methods for failure would be way more dramatic!

No, I'm asking for analyses that refute mine. Stop framing it in another way because you know it doesn't exist. :lol:

You don't even understand your own writing? I'm not framing it at all. I'm repeating it pretty much verbatim.

I'll keep my answers to you very short from this point forward to avoid TL DR

You don't even understand your own writing? I'm not framing it at all. I'm repeating it pretty much verbatim.

I'll keep my answers to you very short from this point forward to avoid TL DR

You have pointed to zero analyses of all-22's which suggest scheme/lack of adjustments were to blame. It's all that was requested. But you can't produce one because they don't exist.

Call me dumb all you want, at least I don't try to fool others by being dishonest with myself.

You have pointed to zero analyses of all-22's which suggest scheme/lack of adjustments were to blame. It's all that was requested. But you can't produce one because they don't exist.

Call me dumb all you want, at least I don't try to fool others by being dishonest with myself.

C

Sure , there was a very good reason. And btw, even with the bump in pay for 2016, TT is still on the low end of salary for a starting NFL QB. The Bills essentially hedged their bets. They liked what they saw last year, and thought it possible that TT goes out and has a better 2016. TT was going in to the last year of his deal. ( a third string pay rate deal). If he plays well, the Brinks truck would be backing up to his driveway, with several teams competing. The Bills could very well lose Taylor to another franchise. The other option would be to franchise TT, but that tag $ number would be extraordinarily high. Better to save that tag for a lower paid position. Taylor was also risking injury playing on a bargain basement deal this year that could leave him with a much reduced value. So he had incentive to sign the very team - friendly contract that he did. It basically bumped up his pay from ridiculously low to below average starting QB pay for this season. It also gives the Bills the ability to keep him at a pretty good rate if he plays very well. They can easily get out of the deal if he doesn't perform. This was a very smart contract by the Bills FO. Taylor is still not a highly paid starting QB in the league, so why any fuss over his pay rate? This is an evaluation year in his contract . If he's not good( there's a lot of season to go) even with a different Offensive coordinator that at least theoretically will focus on getting the passing game cranked up to Watkins, Clay, and McCoy, the Bills say no thanks for 2017 and find another QB. Win- win for the Bills.

in short, the Bills did not NEED to pay him.

I do think its a great deal for both sides. Very smart at the time.

But being the "realist " for fun here. We already had him on the Team. Bills gave him a reward and a monetary vote of confidence. Hows that working out right about now ?

Now getting back to being regular me>

I hope Lynn Palmer and Kromer and Lal can get the Offense turned around and humming along.

and i do not want to turn this into a TT thing.

We shall see Sunday

Just win!

@SalSports

Got bit of a sense today Bills players frustrated w/outside world (i.e., us in media, which I know you all love) and galvanizing around that

And not just about what went down this past weekend, although part of it. Also think it's from perceived faulty in-depth analysis.

Interesting form Sal.

Is there some chance i like this guy ?