Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

Offense has the talent to be better than they are. Better game planning and in game management will help the O get better. I thought the O-line played well. Unfortunately, the D is another story. We just don't have the talent on that side of the ball. Coaching changes won't help much. Williams has lost a step he couldn't afford to lose. Rookies are hurt. Dumbazz is suspended. Lawson cut....The DBs are recovering in the burn ward.... Not much you can do without talent....

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing will help this offense if TT doesn't adjust his game to the realities of how DCs have chosen to play him. I wonder if the weight of the contract and the expectations thereof is too much for him. He has regressed in every area.

If there was a silver lining it was our OL last night, especially without Cordy. They gave up zero sacks and averaged a respectable 4.5 ypc on the ground against what I believe will prove to be the best D line they'll face. I'm not saying they were perfect last night, not by any stretch, but I was expecting far worse after what we saw in week 1. Hats off to Kromer and the corrections he made.

Edited by K-9

Nothing will help this offense if TT doesn't adjust his game to the realities of how DCs have chosen to play him. I wonder if the weight of the contract and the expectations thereof is too much for him. He has regressed in every area.

If there was a silver lining it was our OL last night, especially without Cordy. They gave up zero sacks and averaged a respectable 4.5 ypc on the ground against what I believe will prove to be the best D line they'll face. I'm not saying they were perfect last night, not by any stretch, but I was expecting far worse after what we saw in week 1. Hats off to Kromer and the corrections he made.

As bad as he played 18-30 297 yards and 3 TD's he was not the problem yesterday

Is everyone forgetting that the defense look great the first two drives holding the jets to 6 points? By the time the bills had their third drive on offense the defense was on the field the whole first quarter. That has to be exhausting. our Short offensive drives hurt the defense

Edited by Bills!Win!

Is everyone forgetting that the defense look great the first two drives holding the jets to 6 points? By the time the bills had their third drive on offense the defense was on the field the whole first quarter. That has to be exhausting. our Short offensive drives hurt the defense

Our defense looked "Great" holding the Jets to 6 points? if our defense looked just "Good" would that be holding them to 10 points?

As bad as he played 18-30 297 yards and 3 TD's he was not the problem yesterday

He was terrible. At the very least he was part of the problem and he needs to be part of the solution at all times. I am not fooled by a couple of nice bombs and some garbage time completions. He left too many plays on the field, plain and simple. When an offense doesn't have a red zone possession until their last possession of the game and converts 3 of 10 third downs all night, it's usually due to poor QB play and that was the case last night. Just as I said after the Ravens game, the film won't be kind to TT again this week.

He was terrible. At the very least he was part of the problem and he needs to be part of the solution at all times. I am not fooled by a couple of nice bombs and some garbage time completions. He left too many plays on the field, plain and simple. When an offense doesn't have a red zone possession until their last possession of the game and converts 3 of 10 third downs all night, it's usually due to poor QB play and that was the case last night. Just as I said after the Ravens game, the film won't be kind to TT again this week.

You are right but he put up enough offense to win that game even while playing poorly. That is not a bad thing. That loss was on the defense.

Rex Ryan is going down as the worst coach to coach the buffalo bills, the guy is one of the worst liars I've ever seen and ever care to see again, why would you fire your coordinator and get up there in a press conference and say the guys a great coach both the offense and defense are terrible so I all fairness shouldn't his brother and maybe Thurman be fired? (Crickets) no knock on Lynn but he's a puppet whatever Rex says goes oppose to Roman who knew what a goofball Rex really was.

This^^^^

But he's not really a scapegoat, because Roman sucks. Either Wrex or Roman could have been justly fired today, but we just have to wait for Wrex. I certainly wouldn't be happier if Wrex had been fired instead, and Roman became the Head Coach.

Bickering about which one should be fired is kinda ridiculous. They are both done here, and Wrex isn't any better off than Roman. I mean, Wrex still has to come to work, and still has to get ridiculed by the fans, and the press for at least a few more weeks.

Edited by HoF Watkins

There seems to be an inherent contradiction here. First you say the defense looked great the first 2 drives holding the Jets to 6 points.

Then you say the defense was on the field the whole first quarter, as if that's somehow the fault of the offense.

This was what the first quarter looked like:

Drive 1 NYJ: receive kickoff. FG. 15 plays, 8:19

Drive 1 Bills: TD. 3 plays, 1:25

Drive 2 NYJ: FG. 9 plays, 5:16

What, are we blaming the offense for scoring in 3 plays? Bruce Smith and Darryl Talley would be laughing their a**es off. If the D doesn't want to "treble down" on their conditioning drills, they should try getting the opponent off the field 3-and-out in 1:25 or 6-and-out in 3 minutes, not letting them push down the field for 13:35 of the first quarter.

Great lookin' D's don't do that.

If the offense goes 3-and-out, or 3-and-score, FINE - just Do Your Job and get your own 3-and-out, give the ball back to the offense again and again until they figure out what to do with it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Rex Ryan is going down as the worst coach to coach the buffalo bills, the guy is one of the worst liars I've ever seen and ever care to see again, why would you fire your coordinator and get up there in a press conference and say the guys a great coach both the offense and defense are terrible so I all fairness shouldn't his brother and maybe Thurman be fired? (Crickets) no knock on Lynn but he's a puppet whatever Rex says goes oppose to Roman who knew what a goofball Rex really was.

Actually, according to Vic Carruci that may have been part of the problem:

"Roman was known not to have been the biggest Ryan fan, privately telling at least one person after last season that he thought Ryan was a "buffoon" and that being affiliated with him wasn't going to be good for his career. Also, after only a year in Buffalo, Roman was known to have been looking to coach elsewhere after the season, when the Bills led the NFL in rushing, even if that opportunity wasn't a head-coaching job. He was confident Ryan wasn't going to stand in his way."

Now I dunno about you, but in my experience, a guy who will tell one person he thinks his boss is a buffoon and he isn't thrilled to be associated with him, will tell more than one. So if this is true, the smart money is Rex knew about this and it guided his choice of heads when chopping time arrived.

But consider this: apparently Roman was shopping himself offseason, not just as a HC but for lateral moves, and no one was interested. What does that say about general evaluation of Roman's talents around the league?

Note to Roman: letting it be known you believe your boss is a buffoon is not a wise way to market yourself to future bosses, who typically won't care to feature in your next categorization if they hire you and things go south.

No. Not even close. Alas.

There seems to be an inherent contradiction here. First you say the defense looked great the first 2 drives holding the Jets to 6 points.

Then you say the defense was on the field the whole first quarter, as if that's somehow the fault of the offense.

This was what the first quarter looked like:

Drive 1 NYJ: receive kickoff. FG. 15 plays, 8:19

Drive 1 Bills: TD. 3 plays, 1:25

Drive 2 NYJ: FG. 9 plays, 5:16

What, are we blaming the offense for scoring in 3 plays? Bruce Smith and Darryl Talley would be laughing their a**es off. If the D doesn't want to "treble down" on their conditioning drills, they should try getting the opponent off the field 3-and-out in 1:25 or 6-and-out in 3 minutes, not letting them push down the field for 13:35 of the first quarter.

Great lookin' D's don't do that.

If the offense goes 3-and-out, or 3-and-score, FINE - just Do Your Job and get your own 3-and-out, give the ball back to the offense again and again until they figure out what to do with it.

On the money.

Spot on. Tyrod's stat line for this game should be Exhibit A as to why you cannot judge a QB on stats alone, you have to actually watch them play.

Doug Whaley, too, can consider himself on notice.

2013:
  • EJ Manuel - Probably exists somewhere on the spectrum between Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Highly unlikely he sticks with Buffalo next year.
  • Robert Woods - Out of a pretty forgettable wide receiver draft class, Woods ranks fifth in career receiving yards and fourth in touchdowns. As the fifth receiver drafted, he earns “par,” which basically sums up his Bills career. No one will be shocked when he signs with another team next year.
  • Kiko Alonso - One memorable season, one ACL injury, one memorable trade, and that’s all she wrote.
  • Marquise Goodwin - You could say that the jury’s still out on Goodwin, who looked like a cromulent receiver for the first time in a while last night, but still managed to get injured before the end of the game. Or you could say it’s time to move on.
2014:
  • Sammy Watkins - You know what, I’m not going to touch this topic right now. Myself and the people who speak loudest on this forum will not get along.
  • Cyrus Kouandjio - Actually looking really good. It only took three years, and apparently it only works at left tackle.
  • Preston Brown - Solid, then terrible, now back to solid. There’s still hope?
  • Seantrel Henderson - One of the worst-performing tackles in the league during his career, but they kept starting him anyway.
  • Ronald Darby - Looked good last year. Crossing my fingers that he just hit a sophomore slump.
  • John Miller - Was terrible last season, looks improved this year. Keep the trajectory, please.
  • Karlos Williams - One memorable season, one memorable offseason, one suspension, that’s all she wrote.
  • Shaq Lawson - Still rehabbing that shoulder injury.
  • Reggie Ragland - Still rehabbing that ACL injury.
  • Adolphus Washington - Played the fewest snaps of any defensive lineman last night.
  • Cardale Jones - Project who will be inactive for two years.