Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of "Garbage Time" bothers me also, especially since when asked to define "When is it garbage time, and When is it a comeback that falls short?", those using it usually substitute snark and condescension for a real answer. I guess I can see it if the game is mathematically out of reach (leading by 28 points with 5 minutes left or something), but it's often used any time a team has a lead in the 4th quarter or sometimes a substantial lead at the half, for example calling the Bills entire 2nd half v. Jax in London "garbage time stats" for EJ. I agree that if a win is mathematically possible, even if not probable, it's not "garbage".

And all stats count. The Jets don't get to take 14 points off the scoreboard because they only result from 2 beautiful long bombs, so they count for Tyrod, too. That said, it's also fair to say that the Bills did not produce sustainable offense in their first 2 games. They couldn't convert 3rd downs and sustain drives. Beautiful long bombs are relatively low percentage plays for anyone.

C'mon dude.

"Garbage time", when a team with a comfortable lead, gets into a defense designed to limit big plays, and keep the clock running, knowing that the odds greatly favor the clock running out before the losing team can score enough points.

It's not complicated, if you are actually interested in something besides being a contrarian.

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham 4m4 minutes ago

Tim Graham Retweeted Erich Roehner

The point is (from the start) here come national analysts telling us what a great leader Anthony Lynn is. How so?

Tim Graham Verified account @ByTimGraham

Tim Graham Retweeted Erich Roehner

Same as the Doug Marrone phenomenon. Some media just LOVE to prop up the next great coach without explaining how.

Yes this is important.

But who the heck is the guy who replaced him?

Either get a top-tier OC or get rid of the REX bros

I'm a huge fan- but put yourself in the stud OC shoes... Why go to Buffalo?? Sure, we have weapons, but it's a carousel

Screw replacing an OC with someone on staff... I'm all about seeing is Peyton wants to try his hand at coaching.... Throw him into OC if he's interested in coaching!

Not going to get good coaches next year unless Rex is gone, no way he goes into his third year with another lousy team...No one in the right mind would sign up for that; unless they think they might be able to pull an interim HC position out of it...

The thing that worries me is how Rex is still riding this staff that has supported him through a run of non-winning seasons. If that was me scrap loyalty I'd be making some changes to the guys beneath me because I'd be asking "are these guys doing enough to prepare their players to win?"

He has asked that of Roman and fair enough but has he asked it of his Jets holdovers?

The thing that worries me is how Rex is still riding this staff that has supported him through a run of non-winning seasons. If that was me scrap loyalty I'd be making some changes to the guys beneath me because I'd be asking "are these guys doing enough to prepare their players to win?"

He has asked that of Roman and fair enough but has he asked it of his Jets holdovers?

Got rid of Karl Dunbar last year

he fired Karl Dunbar in March