Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman did it to himself. Shotgun handoffs, 7-yard routes on 3rd and 10, inability to involve Sammy Watkins Jr., lack of pre-snap motion, predictable playcalling, etc. But the 4th down sequence and burning a TO with 4th and pu$$y was fireable all by itself. Don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord shitcha.

I gotta say, this is one of the most transparent scapegoat firings in recent memory.

Honestly, had they done this after week 1, few would argue...but after letting Fitzpatrick hang 37 points on you...seems pretty obvious Rex is scared. I'd expect the blame game to continue as the losses pile on.

Spot on Fridge

First random article i clicked on regarding Roman and the 49ers... Does this not sound familiar at all? Is it CK and TT, or is it Roman???

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has drawn plenty of criticism, but CBS Sports Network analyst Chris Simms believes hes been hurt by what he terms unimaginative passing schemes. Simms, 34, is a former quarterback who played parts of five seasons in the NFL.

I would say (the 49ers have) one of the least creative passing schemes that I watch on film in a week-in, week-out basis, Simms said. The concepts are very simple. I dont see a lot of new stuff from week to week.

That said, Simms is also baffled by the fact that the 49ers passing attack doesnt include some old staples, most notably short passes he thinks would help Kaepernick establish a rhythm.

I dont see wide receiver screens, Simms said. I dont see running back screens. Very rarely are there easy slam-dunk completions, which are a part of any really good offense. Its always 'Hey, its 3rd-and-9, Colin, can you throw a 100 mph strike for us 30 yards downfield? Thats what I feel they often ask of him.

given that they are both athletically gifted guys that were big projects ---- its not shocking the descriptions would be similar.

The 400 some odd yards were given up by our defense. But 75% of those yards were given up with Gilmore and Darby right there. The scheme was fine. The execution was not. How is it Rex's fault when a guy just flat out loses his battle?

Because he shouldn't be scheming for a guy who loses battles. Good -- competent -- make good schemes and adjust when it doesn't work, which to everyone watching who aren't coaches was apparent. Awful defensive playcalling last night on both sides.

Only bright spot is it worked for the Ravens the year they won the SB. Fired Cam Cameron (who still sucks tremendously at lsu) and promoted Caldwell mid season. Probably should have done it a few games sooner.

Wow. You win the "Glass is half-full" award. Well done! :worthy:

Roman did it to himself. Shotgun handoffs, 7-yard routes on 3rd and 10, inability to involve Sammy Watkins Jr., lack of pre-snap motion, predictable playcalling, etc. But the 4th down sequence and burning a TO with 4th and pu$$y was fireable all by itself. Don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord shitcha.

Roman made some strategic mistakes in the first two weeks, but Tyrod really let him down with below standard performances.

Doncha think it's a little puzzling that the Bills fired their OC who last season oversaw the best performance by a Bills offense in DVOA SINCE 1999?!?

I would have a hard time predicting future success on outdoing past Bills failures. Same can be said for Whaley, doing better....still not doing good.

heck, ill quote myself for a follow up -- with 2 guys with OC experience in kromer and Palmer, im really a bit surprised here.

I don't think you should be. Lynn is "assistant head coach" and is a Rex guy. Chris Palmer came with Roman from SF. Kromer was a bit of a PR disaster both as Bears OC and here with the beach chairs incident.

If that is really what the organizations thinks it would be a sad indictment of extreme ineptitude. I personally don't believe TT has what it takes to be a franchise QB. However, he was given a new contract albeit one with opt outs for the team. If two games really has convinced them that he is not the future after extending him, the front office has no clue. You just can't go from thinking he could be the future during the offseason to two bad games convincing you he's garbage.

It hasn't been just 2 games, there was a training camp, and a pre-season. He didn't show improvement in that time, either.

They put the opt-out in there for a reason. And, yeah, the front office has no clue (is that news to you?).

Edited by HoF Watkins