Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

Disagree for one key reason: Roman called the plays, not Harbaugh!!! Payton called the plays in NO. People forget that Roman did a great job under Harbaugh at Stanford too.

Dave, he was tight ends coach at Stanford, he wasn't calling plays. That was David Shaw. Harbaugh brought him with him to SF, when Shaw wouldn't come/got the Stanford HC job. Harbaugh gave him his first OC job in SF. I'm sure Romans playbook is a lot like Harbaughs but that doesn't mean he can call plays and game plan as well as Harbaugh can.

So for me the success you are giving Roman in SF, because he was calling play under Harbaughs supervision, can be attributed to Harbaugh.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was a last year issue for them, i wish we wouldve made the move at the end of last year. day 6 of the season is less than ideal.

Yep, this reeks of the firing of Turk Schonert after the final pre-season game in 2009. If they had such an issue with the coordiantor then make the change in the offseason. What did you see in 2 games that you were unaware of after an entire year?

if this was a last year issue for them, i wish we wouldve made the move at the end of last year. day 6 of the season is less than ideal.

They should have after the season ended but now they have no choice. The quarterback is so out of sorts he can't even hit easy throws anymore. How can we win like that?

I imagine we are in the minority here. It was a bad day for the CBs. Rex played some different coverages and those two could not get it done

They were just getting straight up beat. Sometimes upfield with no safety help, but other times just stopping and letting Darby Gilmore run right past them. It reminded me of what Sammy did to Revis last year.

There were a lot of issues with Roman. 2 minute offense, playcalling, slow getting plays in, etc. he's not the only problem though...

I do agree with NoSaint though... should have done it in the offseason then. But yea just because a guy has a good playbook, does not mean he knows how to put a game plan together or coach in-game. Rex is a perfect example of that.

Edited by Wayne Cubed