Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - this proves that this season is toast.

OTOH, as I linked to the other day, Roman's offenses in SF led or tied for the lead in delay of game penalties during his tenure there. He's just far too slow. And he doesn't seem to allow his QBs to audible, nor does he (in my opinion) use enough pre-snap motion to help his QB identify the defense and dictate favorable matchups in the passing game.

That said, he's a hell of a running game coordinator. He'll get a new gig shortly. The stink of this will remain at OBD. Roman will be fine. Everyone else around the league understands that the Bills' organization is a dysfunctional joke where it is impossible to succeed.

I think many of you are right about the offense. It looks like Roman had trouble with clock management and it seems as though the 2 minute offense has been non existent. I blame Rex for this, but he should have found a better coordinator since offense has never been his forte. Hopefully this mess of a season will turn around some how.

given that they are both athletically gifted guys that were big projects ---- its not shocking the descriptions would be similar.

So is Dak prescott. There were plenty of quick crossing routes to beasley, and quick outs/ins to witten. If anything you'd think it would help a young QB to have outlet passes to get rhythm.

I don't think you should be. Lynn is "assistant head coach" and is a Rex guy. Chris Palmer came with Roman from SF. Kromer was a bit of a PR disaster both as Bears OC and here with the beach chairs incident.

as an in season play caller though -- 2 guys with extensive experience would certainly make sense.

if we asked this question as an offseason "who would take over if roman is fired" lynn would be a distant 3rd with his history with rex being the primary "pro" for him

I don't think you should be. Lynn is "assistant head coach" and is a Rex guy. Chris Palmer came with Roman from SF. Kromer was a bit of a PR disaster both as Bears OC and here with the beach chairs incident.

i think Kromer is a very good OL coach. That is where he should stay IMO.

Well - this proves that this season is toast.

OTOH, as I linked to the other day, Roman's offenses in SF led or tied for the lead in delay of game penalties during his tenure there. He's just far too slow. And he doesn't seem to allow his QBs to audible, nor does he (in my opinion) use enough pre-snap motion to help his QB identify the defense and dictate favorable matchups in the passing game.

That said, he's a hell of a running game coordinator. He'll get a new gig shortly. The stink of this will remain at OBD. Roman will be fine. Everyone else around the league understands that the Bills' organization is a dysfunctional joke where it is impossible to succeed.

If he has the single best offensive line in the league then he might be decent. If not it'll look a lot like it did in Buffalo.

Pegulla's, Whaley's and Ryan's Plan to Make the Playoffs:

1. Get players 'all in"

2. Fire Greg Roman

3. ?

4. Go to playoffs

Analytics?

as an in season play caller though -- 2 guys with extensive experience would certainly make sense.

if we asked this question as an offseason "who would take over if roman is fired" lynn would be a distant 3rd with his history with rex being the primary "pro" for him

I think the PR is a fair explanation for Kromer, in the middle of a clown show your only going to get more negative attention by promoting a guy like Kromer with his recent incident. I have no idea about Palmer though.

Put me in the camp that thinks Roman has a hard time getting another OC job.

Edited by Commonsense

31 points against a good D , I would not put the blame on Roman

This is where i question perspective Alf.

3 of those TDs could have been luck

The Offense did not do much at all, and never got a rhythm.

Whether that's on Roman i do not know.

Does feel like an emotional firing.

But recall how no one made Roman an offer last year after being touted a HC candidate ?

To me this move looks like creating the illusion of 'doing something'. I haven't been trilled with Roman's play calling but the blame for last night falls squarely on the defensive side of the ball. Not a lot of creativity in showing different looks or blitzes while giving the same look play after play to Fitz and the Jets. The Ryan brothers called the Bills 'D' like July practice session for the Jets offense last night.

Perhaps. It may also point to a situation where there was some conflict between Rex and Roman or between Lynn and Roman re: game plan, Roman's preference won out, and they felt like it laid an egg.

Or it might just be a desperation move from a guy who realizes he's on his last chance as a head coach and who is being given all the rope he asks for by the Pegulas.

We'll see going forward, if it makes any difference to TT and the offense.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan