How is Pegula going to salvage this mess?

gjv001

There is a very likely scenario brewing that has the Bills are starting this season 0 and 4, and finishing the season 2 and 14. More than likely he's going to have to bite the bullet on Ryans contract. Other than opening beer sales three hours before kickoff and offering two for one beers starting at half time, what else can he do to make this franchise saleable.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as a billionaire businessman, he has to begin the business process.

Apparently his "due diligence" before buying the team, and before hiring Rexy, were insufficient.

(for those unversed, due diligence is where 2 businesses are thinking of entering a relationship. Merger, Joint Venture, etc. But, I dont trust you. So we will negotiate the scope of review. Then my army of lawyers and accountants will invade your building, examine your records, interview your employees, talk to your business partners, etc., so I know what I'm getting myself into.)

So, if I were advising Pegs, my first recommendation would be to perform this process on your own business. Until then, how can an oilman make shrewd decisions on how to run a football team?

As fans we think about things in the immediate and short term

Pegula is probably taking a much more level headed, long term, thought out approach

This does not mean it bodes well for Rex.....because it doesnt....just that I dont expect knee jerk reactions from Pegula

Educated football fans don't.

I have been hammering on Whaley's myopic vision with this team for 4 years now!

...and like I said it will all come down crashing like one big ponzi scheme.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

as a billionaire businessman, he has to begin the business process.

Apparently his "due diligence" before buying the team, and before hiring Rexy, were insufficient.

(for those unversed, due diligence is where 2 businesses are thinking of entering a relationship. Merger, Joint Venture, etc. But, I dont trust you. So we will negotiate the scope of review. Then my army of lawyers and accountants will invade your building, examine your records, interview your employees, talk to your business partners, etc., so I know what I'm getting myself into.)

So, if I were advising Pegs, my first recommendation would be to perform this process on your own business. Until then, how can an oilman make shrewd decisions on how to run a football team?

You would have been better off just going with "Webster's defines due diligence as...". Just terrible. Terrible.

For Pegula this is a close echo of the lesson he learned with the Sabres. In that case holding onto the GM, HC, and team management and trying to make some adjustments. In this case keeping Whaley and most of the team management while hiring a coach who was fired by a division foe. A coach your team badly beat twice the season before. That should have been an obvious clue right there.

Like the Sabres, replacing the GM and HQ, tanking, and getting Eichel to build around it looks like the Bills are going to unintentionally tank this year and find their 'Eichel' at the QB position at the top of next year's draft.

For me as a fan I'm prepared to suffer through a putrid season of 3-13 and get the franchise QB to build around than have another mediocre 6-10 or 8-8 and continue to miss out on the answer to the problem.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

As fans we think about things in the immediate and short term

Pegula is probably taking a much more level headed, long term, thought out approach

This does not mean it bodes well for Rex.....because it doesnt....just that I dont expect knee jerk reactions from Pegula

Yeah, like his 30 year plan for the Sabres.

People need to be more infinitely patient...

For Pegula this is a close echo of the lesson he learned with the Sabres. In that case holding onto the GM, HC, and team management and trying to make some adjustments. In this case keeping Whaley and most of the team management while hiring a coach who was fired by a division foe. A coach your team badly beat twice the season before. That should have been an obvious clue right there.

Like the Sabres, replacing the GM and HQ, tanking, and getting Eichel to build around it looks like the Bills are going to unintentionally tank this year and find their 'Eichel' at the QB position at the top of next year's draft.

For me as a fan I'm prepared to suffer through a putrid season of 3-13 and get the franchise QB to build around than have another mediocre 6-10 or 8-8 and continue to miss out on the answer to the problem.

I'm all for this too. Actually, I predicted it! However, for it to work there needs to be a complete cleansing to the football operations.

there has to be a QB worth tanking for? Not sure there is, but we have to draft one in every draft until we find one. Hit the other positions at later rounds. Also, stockpile picks. See if someone wants McCoy, Watkins, Gilmore for a decent return.