Cowher wants the Bills job

4merper4mer

Cowher is a delegator. He had a great defensive coaching staff. and decent offensive coordinators. He would be fine as a head coach. That said Can't imagine him wanting to coach or anyone wanting to hire him .

If he were to come back and coach, why would he choose buffalo of all places. It's been a train wreck for a long long time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone seriously thinks that Cowher wouldn't be loads better than the Ryan bros., you don't know football....at all. The current coaching lineup...top to bottom....is a joke..

But that is not the issue on the table. There are 2 issues IMHO:

1) Is Cowher an upgrade? (methinks Yes. Real discipline and accountability. But wants personnel control).

2) Is there somebody better, instead of chasing the bright-shiny-object which got us Rexy? (dunno yet).

Rhetorical question: on 3rd and forever why don't teams throw the bomb every time? A pick = punt, penalty = 1st down and a completion = TD. If it is incomplete you punt from 5 yards behind where the draw would be.

OC's outsmart themselves. Why Roman is not here.

Cowher would be an amazing hire but not sure he has it left in him anymore. Hes been away from the game so long. Anyone would be an upgrade over Rex at this point

Cower could get some great OC and DC's?

1) Is Cowher an upgrade? (methinks Yes. Real discipline and accountability. But wants personnel control).

2) Is there somebody better, instead of chasing the bright-shiny-object which got us Rexy? (dunno yet).

great questions. I have no answers for you. I like Patricia from the Pats, or any number of other OC's. Even McDaniels (and steal Garappolo while we are at it).

I'm not saying I want Cowher. I don't. He wants the job and was openly lobbying for it in a way obvious to a discerning ear. I find that unprofessional. Rex clearly is ill equipped to coach after 2016 an Cowher sees that. Not sure who it should be but not Rex and not Cowher.

I think what gets lost is how grinding an NFL head coaching job is. I'm of the belief that if you're a good coach - you're a good coach and the game doesn't pass you by - however working probably a 3rd of the hours and getting paid well has it's attraction and there's no way you can say definitively he wants to coach - let alone specifically the Bills.

Marty Schottenheimer wants the job.

Dan Reeves wants the job.

Mike Shanahan wants the job.

Wayne Fontes wants the job.

Bill Walsh wants the job.

Vince Lombardi wants the job.

Jimmy Johnson wants the job.

Don Shula wants the job.

Hmm. Aren't some of the guys on that list no longer with us.

Yeah, I'm skeptical about this too. He seemed vehemently against taking the Bills job in the past so I'd be surprised if he suddenly wants it. But I honestly would take him. Not sure what the whole "game has passed him by" arguments are based on but I think he'd make us better. Can't do worse than our recent hires.

Cowher is a delegator. He had a great defensive coaching staff. and decent offensive coordinators. He would be fine as a head coach. That said Can't imagine him wanting to coach or anyone wanting to hire him .

If Cowher was willing to come under those conditions I wouldn't hate it. If he was willing to go and hire young cutting edge coordinators on both sides and leave the scheme to them I wouldn't mind him as a front man.

The chin has been adamant since his wife died he is done with coaching. He has said it in print and on pre game shows for years. He now has a new girlfriend and is puttng his personal life back together. i believe but don't have a link he makes just about the same amount Rex does with broadcasting gigs. Which job sounds more appealing?