Interior O-Line Depth

Is anyone else concerned about going into the season with Groy and Velasco as our depth at G/C? IMO, both of them have been absolutely terrible, and it is pretty much a certainty that one or both will be called upon at some point during the regular season.

Does Roman/Kromer realize how horrible these guys are, and do you think Whaley will be on the lookout when teams start making cuts this week? Something needs to be done, IMO, but it would take time for new guys to come in and learn the offense. Uggh...

Thoughts?

Is anyone else concerned about going into the season with Groy and Velasco as our depth at G/C? IMO, both of them have been absolutely terrible, and it is pretty much a certainty that one or both will be called upon at some point during the regular season.

Does Roman/Kromer realize how horrible these guys are, and do you think Whaley will be on the lookout when teams start making cuts this week? Something needs to be done, IMO, but it would take time for new guys to come in and learn the offense. Uggh...

Thoughts?

I'm very concerned. I think both of them are very suspect.

Velasco has played better in years past.... Maybe some sort of situational issue that may be less of a problem in real game planning? Just thinking out loud - not expecting a Darby-esque bump but if scheming for him to be the weak link in the line he may be less exposed.

I thought that before last night Groy had been doing ok, does he now suck?

It certainly appears so, but just one long-balled fella's perception. I've been to camp twice, and have watched all the preseason games (the last 2 multiple times). Multiple blown assignments, constantly getting pushed into the backfield in passing situations, and piss poor run blocking. I'm very concerned.

Sadly, I think Richardson might be the worst of the three.

yes, he is done. watching him whiff completely on a play call was amazing bad. I got on the game time thread and asked who is the guy with the long hair?

I do not mind if Bills/Whaley keeps their eyes peeled.

Agreed.

Like who do Bills deal?

yes, he is done. watching him whiff completely on a play call was amazing bad. I got on the game time thread and asked who is the guy with the long hair?

I do not mind if Bills/Whaley keeps their eyes peeled.

Like who do Bills deal?

Robert Blanton or Duke maybe? Robey-Coleman or White? Maybe Douzable or Lavar Edwards? Bryson Albright maybe? Basically, trading an area where you have good depth for an area that someone else has good depth.

Robert Blanton or Duke maybe? Robey-Coleman or White? Maybe Douzable or Lavar Edwards? Bryson Albright maybe? Basically, trading an area where you have good depth for an area that someone else has good depth.

I understand the concept.

Duke might get some looks and i would rather keep Blanton at this point.

Leger and Lavar are a tough call though i do like Douzable personally. Casey Walker perhaps? Whom i did not like last night unfortunately.

Albright appears to be a fellow whom Rex likes. Played "great" against the Giants. But i could see that.

Bills really dont hold any strong cards though here.

This is where Whaley and the pro scouts earn their money.

That is one of the things they do very well. watch that wire and make that deal

I understand the concept.

Duke might get some looks and i would rather keep Blanton at this point.

Leger and Lavar are a tough call though i do like Douzable personally. Casey Walker perhaps? Whom i did not like last night unfortunately.

Albright appears to be a fellow whom Rex likes. Played "great" against the Giants. But i could see that.

Bills really dont hold any strong cards though here.

That is one of the things they do very well. watch that wire and make that deal

Yeah, those guys all feel like decent depth to me, NFL caliber players. I'm not sure that the Bills have an NFL caliber #2 TE and with Velasco looking terrible an interior swing guy. Hopefully, they can plug those couple of holes whether via trade or with guys that get released. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, those guys all feel like decent depth to me, NFL caliber players. I'm not sure that the Bills have an NFL caliber #2 TE and with Velasco looking terrible and interior swing guy. Hopefully, they can plug those couple of holes whether via trade or with guys that get released.

I foresee the kind of trade Whaley made for Thad Lewis when Kolb went down. A player on the bubble of even making the team for another player on the bubble of even making his team, but you don't have to worry about other teams claiming him if he is cut. So a Meeks or Blanton is a good choice, maybe Little or Sterling Moore, etc.

I foresee the kind of trade Whaley made for Thad Lewis when Kolb went down. A player on the bubble of even making the team for another player on the bubble of even making his team, but you don't have to worry about other teams claiming him if he is cut. So a Meeks or Blanton is a good choice, maybe Little or Sterling Moore, etc.

That's the exact trade that I had in mind. Chris White for Thad Lewis. I'm sure that they are really watching a lot of games right now trying to identify those guys.

Yeah, those guys all feel like decent depth to me, NFL caliber players. I'm not sure that the Bills have an NFL caliber #2 TE and with Velasco looking terrible and interior swing guy. Hopefully, they can plug those couple of holes whether via trade or with guys that get released.

The BUs at center and guard have given me heartburn honestly. The glaring weakness on the team.

I am less stressed about TE

we have had much much worse for decades. I like Dray actually and i think Annen can create some mismatches.

Had O Leary back to PS before the Gragg thing. Have no idea about Mundine, but thought he was camp fodder. Tried to watch him but lost track of his number. I will look at them next week.

Bat signal to Whaley !

Not bad.

I am wanting to keep Blanton for his versatility. Rex is with me on this one.

Moore has shined enough to garner interest and Little is worth consideration if some team is thin there. I could say goodbye to Boykin first though.

I will leave this one to the experts though.

Would you fellows be adverse to trading a pick for an O lineman of value?

and what is going on with Stork not reporting? Should someone be reaching out to him?

The BUs at center and guard have given me heartburn honestly. The glaring weakness on the team.

I am less stressed about TE

we have had much much worse for decades. I like Dray actually and i think Annen can create some mismatches.

Had O Leary back to PS before the Gragg thing. Have no idea about Mundine, but thought he was camp fodder. Tried to watch him but lost track of his number. I will look at them next week.

We've had bad TE play for many years but Roman's scheme relies heavily on the TE. I think that Clay is the only NFL player in the group.

In terms of trading a pick for an OL I would but only for a starting RT. I wouldn't trade a pick for the interior swing guy.

We've had bad TE play for many years but Roman's scheme relies heavily on the TE. I think that Clay is the only NFL player in the group.

In terms of trading a pick for an OL I would but only for a starting RT. I wouldn't trade a pick for the interior swing guy.

No faith in Hendy? its too soon of course. Bills have nothing of value to get a RT imo Kirby. but sure wish we had a swing guard worth his salt

No faith in Hendy? its too soon of course. Bills have nothing of value to get a RT imo Kirby. but sure wish we had a swing guard worth his salt

Yeah, looks like we're pretty well set at OT. Mills is not great, but I am hopeful that Henderson takes over at RT. Having CK show well at LT is so huge. Very nice luxury to have a backup LT like that. I know it's difficult to predict, but does anyone know of any decent G/C's that might get cut this week? I'm trying to think of teams that have really solid o-lines.

Yeah, looks like we're pretty well set at OT. Mills is not great, but I am hopeful that Henderson takes over at RT. Having CK show well at LT is so huge. Very nice luxury to have a backup LT like that. I know it's difficult to predict, but does anyone know of any decent G/C's that might get cut this week? I'm trying to think of teams that have really solid o-lines.

We need to get our resident experts on this Pronto. Give Whaley some help.

Sadly, I think Richardson might be the worst of the three.

From what I saw, no question.

It's possible Groy would look better with Glenn and Cog next to him or Wood and Glenn flanking him. But I'd rather not take that chance.

I thought Velasco has looked poor all along.

I never understood the dislike of Urbik, or heck even Pears at T.

As back ups.

As backups, they appeared better than what we have now. Pears at RT was servicable. Pears at guard - ugh.

They were sent off as cap moves

I like Henderson but worry about his health. All that I was saying is that if we were going to deal a draft pick, for me, it would have to be to upgrade RT. I wouldn't deal a pick for a backup. Maybe something like Anthony Davis from the 49ers.

A swing interior OL is much more pressing though.

From what I saw, no question.

It's possible Groy would look better with Glenn and Cog next to him or Wood and Glenn flanking him. But I'd rather not take that chance.

I thought Velasco has looked poor all along.

As backups, they appeared better than what we have now. Pears at RT was servicable. Pears at guard - ugh.

They were sent off as cap moves

What Marrone was doing there befuddles me to this day.

I would have liked to retained them paid as back ups, but hindsight is much easier for me.

Urbik also stepped in at C and may have been worth his pay just for that.

Bills need to prepare for E. Wood's successor sooner than later.

I like Henderson but worry about his health. All that I was saying is that if we were going to deal a draft pick, for me, it would have to be to upgrade RT. I wouldn't deal a pick for a backup. Maybe something like Anthony Davis from the 49ers.

A swing interior OL is much more pressing though.

I was thinking Davis awhile back too.

as i mentioned with Urbik, that is the "kind" of fellow who would work for now

What Marrone was doing there befuddles me to this day.

I would have liked to retained them paid as back ups, but hindsight is much easier for me.

Urbik also stepped in at C and may have been worth his pay just for that.

Bills need to prepare for E. Wood's successor sooner than later.

I was thinking Davis awhile back too.

as i mentioned with Urbik, that is the "kind" of fellow who would work for now

I can tell you what Marrone was doing with Pears at guard. He was playing guard(not very well btw)...AND, he was telling Henderson what to do on every play at RT. (I am not making this up....that was the motivation of moving Pears to guard..on field coach)

Edited by bigK14094

I can tell you what Marrone was doing with Pears at guard. He was playing guard(not very well btw)...AND, he was telling Henderson what to do on every play at RT. (I am not making this up....that was the motivation of moving Pears to guard..on field coach)

I can believe that. But Pears was not built to play guard.

Is that why he sat Urbik too?

Thoughts?

They should have been sure about backups before cutting Kraig Urbik.

We need to get our resident experts on this Pronto. Give Whaley some help.

Absolutely. Have them give advice and do opposite.

Should've signed Slauson.

Not sure why they were/are so adamant about Miller starting. Slauson would've been a great addition as a starter giving them a solid back up to turn to in Miller if need be.

Miller appeared to be chosen to start due to him being very bright and able to pick up game plan very quickly but physically he was not ready to be full time starter.

Erik Turner's thing says Richardson had a good game.

I just watched that whole Cover one episode.

What an asset Turner has been for us.

I watched every play multiple times and each player. Its awesome how they parce it down for us. I used to do NFL rewind but it takes up so much of my free time. This is much better fro me.

And i need to apologize to Cyril.

I don't see any concrete reason to have faith in Henderson. Forget his very questionable health situation. I see his ceiling as a serviceable backup LT, RT for a couple of games a season if he can overcome the odds with his health. No way he has ever been a quality starting tackle for an NFL team that does not have very low standards for starters. This is Miller's year to sink or swim. I have hope he will swim, but not a lot of faith. I hope he proves me wrong. We have a top quality left side, a decent center and dumpster fire on the right. If Miller can even arise and become an average G this year, it will still not be enough for our team. There is no solution on the team at RT. The RG will also have to be good enough to carry the weakness of the RT to secure the right side, or it will be the downfall of the offense this season.